Jisuho 14

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Words to live by. She did have this. And she really appreciated them. It had helped to right her world. As had his kiss. Stupid really. 

 

After being unloaded, she was taken through to a large medical facility where she was carefully moved to an examining bed. She was treated so carefully she had to wonder if Suho’s warning to the medics hadn’t preceded her. 

 

Once on the bed, her feet were carefully unwrapped, her wrist checked–and she’d forgotten about the chafing and bruising brought on by the restraints Nam-joon had put on her. She studied them critically then dismissed them. Torn skin, green discoloration and tenderness. All mild compared to her feet. Her injection site had even calmed down. Now that she was being treated, and warm, she was exhausted. Had it only been last night she’d had a fever. Did they know? 

 

Did any of it matter? 

 

She lay quiet as the muttering rolled around her. Her feet were a concern. Duh. She knew that too. A smidgeon of fear rippled through her as they continued to stay at her feet. 

 

“I know they aren’t the best, but surely they don’t warrant that kind of attention,” she said to them. 

 

The men looked over their glasses at her. “You’ve run them raw.” 

 

“I remember.” And how. She lay back down and let them mutter. As long as her running through the bush days were done, she was fine. 

 

“We’re going to need to clean them well, and we’ll be able to see the damage a little clearer.” 

 

At the term clean, she bolted upright again. “Suho cleaned and bandaged them already.” 

 

The one doctor walked over to her. He laid a restraining hand on her shoulder. “Please lie down and relax.” 

 

She flopped backwards and groaned. “I’d really like to go home.” 

 

“Not today,” she was firmly told. 

 

“Tomorrow?” she asked hopefully. 

 

And all she received were multiple head shakes. 

 

The same doctor said, “It’s far too early to make that decision. You will need to be debriefed.” 

 

Right. Military talk for someone wanted to talk to her. Of course. She wasn’t going anywhere any time soon. Then again that also meant she might see Suho again. Possibly more than once. He said he’d find her. 

 

She had to trust he would. 

 

In the meantime they were going to take care of her whether she liked it or not. A nurse came over with a bowl of warm water. 

 

She lost her smile. Damn, this was going to hurt. Another nurse brought a foot bath and helped her sit up. Slipping her feet into the warm water, she groaned gently as soothing warmth eased through her puffy skin. 

 

“Does that feel good?” 

 

“It feels lovely.” 

 

She sat there for several long minutes loving the treatment. By the time her feet were cleaned, they were on fire again, and she wished she could go put them back into the water. Just when she was at the point of requesting a second foot bath, the nurse put on something that numbed the pain. It gave her feet an instant cooling effect that had her resting back. “Thank you. That feels better.” 

 

“We do try to help,” the nurse said with a bright smile that matched the rest of her. Done, Jisoo lay back down, quietly relieved the ordeal was over. She hadn’t expected to nap, but warm and safe had the same effect as a sleeping pill and she drifted in and out. She woke when there were sounds of someone coming in to her room. She sat up, wiping the sleep out of her eyes and looked around. 

 

“Feel better?” 

 

Suho. With a bright smile, she shifted so she could see him. 

 

“Easy, you don’t have to move.” He walked around the side and sat on the edge of the bed. He reached out and picked up her hand. “You look rested. Do you feel better?” 

 

Looking at their joined hands, she realized how nice a man he really was. He was so damn nice. 

 

“Did they take care of your feet?” he prodded her when she didn’t answer. 

 

She winced at the reminder. “Yes.” 

 

He laughed. “It’s over. That’s all that matters.” 

 

“And now I’m starving.” She frowned. “When does anyone eat around here? It’s been hours.” 

 

Now he was grinning. “I actually have permission to take you out of here.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter