Chaeyeol 31-3

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rosé bolted out of her truck, slamming the door in her panic. She jumped the stairs to her father’s general store and shoved the door open hard. She ran inside, her heart pounding in fear, a sweaty itch all over her body. Please let the message be wrong. Please let her father be okay. They had their problems but he was all she had. And she so wasn’t ready to lose him. 

 

Her wild dash ended against a solid wall of muscle and arms restraining her. 

 

Still panicked, she acted instinctively and brought her arm up, her elbow to his throat, her knee automatically lifting as she twisted. 

 

And just as suddenly she was grabbed, spun and held immobile against a heavily muscled chest, his voice calm and clear as he said, “I’m not going to hurt you. You need to calm down.” 

 

She stilled. Then twisted so she could look at his face. And recognized him. Her shoulders sagged. Yoo-ra’s brother. “Chanyeol?” 

 

“Yes, it’s me. Are you going to stop trying to de me?” 

 

The arms held her firm. She nodded once. He dropped his arms and stepped back. She still trembled, her mind screaming at her to ask him about her father. A sound burst through from the back office. 

 

Yoo-ra. 

 

Yoo-ra with tears running down her face at the sight of her friend. Rosé shook her head. “Please tell me you were wrong. That he’s fine.” 

 

Yoo-ra shook her head and ran to hug Rosé. “I’m so sorry,” she whispered. “It looks like it’s him.” 

 

“No, oh no.” Rosé burst into tears, her arms tight around Yoo-ra. “Please not.” 

 

She stared at him, looking for confirmation. 

 

He nodded once. 

 

“Oh.” She shoved her fist into to hold back her cries. 

 

“I found him.” Chanyeol’s harsh voice cut through the air. “He’s been shot through the head in his office.” 

 

She gave a small scream and pivoted to look in the direction of the door. Then slowly approached, she opened the door and stopped at the sight of a blanket shrouded body on the floor. Tears flooding her gaze, she slowly sank beside him, her heart breaking. With a shaking hand she reached out to pull the blanket back. And cried out in shock. “Oh my God. It’s not my father.” 

 

“What?” Chanyeol roared. 

 

Chanyeol and Yoo-ra ran to her side. 

 

“No, it’s my Uncle Yoochun.” 

 

“Really? Holy .” Yoo-ra dropped and wrapped her arms around her friend. “It’s horrible to think this is a good thing, but…” 

 

“This is a good thing.” 

 

“Since when did Yunho have a brother?” Chanyeol demanded. He squatted beside the body and rolled it over slightly so he could see the face and confirm her words. “Damn, I’m so sorry. I thought this man had a little less hair, but I haven’t seen Yunho in quite a while. 

 

“It’s okay, you didn’t know. They look tons alike.” Rosé sniffled back her tears, her heart aching with the continuous shocks, but relief was the primary one. “He showed up a few months ago.” She wiped her eyes with her sleeve. “They’ve been estranged for decades.” 

 

“And he just showed up out of the blue?” 

 

“Yeah, at first Dad didn’t know what to do.” She sniffed again and gently lay the blanket back over the body. “Dad is going to be so upset.” 

 

“Where is Yunho?” Chanyeol asked. 

 

“He should be at home. He has been most of the time since the accident. Especially if Yoochun was here.” 

 

“What accident? And was Yoochun working for your father?” 

 

Both Yoo-ra and Rosé glanced over at him then at each other. Rosé groaned. “You don’t know.” 

 

“Know what?” 

 

“Dad was in a car accident a few months ago. He’s in a wheelchair. The doctors say he’s going to get better eventually, but right now he’s having trouble with mobility, so he’s confined to a wheelchair until he’s stronger.” 

 

Chanyeol’s gaze searched her face then dropped to the body on the floor. 

 

“I wonder if the bullet was meant for your father or your uncle?” 

 

She stared at him and shook her head. She pulled out her phone and called her father, her gaze on her uncle, her heart not sure how to react after the shock, the relief and now back to panic. The phone was picked up and before anyone could answer, she jumped in with, “Dad, you there?” 

 

“I’m here,” he answered. “How was the caving?” 

 

She closed her eyes, tears collecting in the corners as his warm caring voice filled her ears and her heart. “It was okay. But there’s something I have to tell you.” 

 

“Oh, what’s that?” 

 

“It’s Uncle Yoochun. He’s been shot.” 

 

She heard her fat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter