Chaeyeol 34-6

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAEYEOL CH.6

 

Rosé’s heart stopped at his words. Since the arrival of the truck, the game had changed. There’d be no getting out of this mess now. She dove to the side of the shed but couldn’t cover her father’s body. Damn it. What could she do? Where was Chanyeol? 

 

“I think we should take her with us. A hostage is always good. It stops the cops from storming us when they are worried about innocent lives.” The snicker in his voice said a lot. 

 

She took a deep breath and listened. 

 

“Once they realize what we’ve got planned, they will throw their best at us anyway.” 

 

“Let them.” The man with a snicker turned ugly. “Better yet, let’s invite them over.” 

 

“Well, as they are likely to be there when we arrive.” 

 

“There’s no law enforcement close by. None that count anywhere. Just the sheriff.” 

 

“Like he’d care. I think he could be bought off for a few hundred bucks?” 

 

Rosé listened to them argue. She had no idea who the authorities would send but given the location and type of problem she’d bet the military won. It’s not like the neighboring towns had access to big city manpower. 

 

Her vote was SEALs–as in Chanyeol. But not even he could handle this group on his own. Not with all the firepower these men had collected. She’d been arguing with her father since forever about his gun business. She didn’t care if he did have a license. It still wasn’t a smart business to have. But he was a big believer in the weapons being innocent and the people being guilty. He figured that a killer was going to kill no matter what the weapon. She turned back into the conversation. 

 

“You’re an idiot. With no law enforcement they’ll bring in the military for that cache. So military it is. And not the Flotilla, they are just a bunch of overrated s who think their don’t stink like the rest of us.” 

 

“Why not the Flotilla? Hell, we should rate enough for them,” the speaker was irate at the slight. 

 

“Not gonna happen.” The other man’s laugh turned ugly. “At least not until we start killing the people. They’ll notice us then. Besides, they’re more water based, you know that.” 

 

She watched as the one skinny man shrugged, glanced her way, then added, “It would still be nice to have a warm body to snuggle up to tonight.” 

 

“Gross. I don’t agree with , you know that.” 

 

As much as she loved hearing that, she struggled with the concept of a terrorist happy to blow up the Korean people in mass killings but didn’t agree with . 

 

“I can make her willing,” the first man protested. 

 

Rosé felt her head flip flop from one to the other. Just the thought of what he’d do to make her willing… 

 

“Like that’s going to happen, Taehyun.” The other man snorted. “No. She’s just going to cause problems.” 

 

“Now, I have to shoot her, you said my name,” Taehyun complained. “You know we weren’t going to do that?” 

 

“Do what? Talk to each other.” The first gunman who’d forced her into the back turned to her and said, “He’s Taehyun, the dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter