Jisuho 26

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When she woke, the wind was biting and swirling through the small cabin. The sun was trying to shine, but it was held back by the fog. And although lifting, the fog didn’t appear ready to give up its domain. 

 

Jisoo had hoped Suho would be here by now. Wherever here was. She just wanted to get the hell home. And even that couldn’t happen. She had to go to the damn demonstration. Looking the way she did. Great. 

 

She could probably push it off for a few days, but then this hell would continue. Better to suffer through the demonstration and then go hide away and her wounds. If Suho found her then, that was a whole different story. 

 

Right now, they all had a job to do.

 

She was just so damn tired of doing it. 

 

Through the fog, she could see a shoreline take shape. She smiled. Now that was a mighty fine picture. She stood up to see better. “Any idea where we are?” 

 

“I’m not sure.” But from the dark tone to his voice, she thought he might but didn’t want to tell her. 

 

He grabbed the radio. “Penderson Marina. That’s the name I can see.” 

 

He clicked off and waited for a response. When it came she didn’t quite understand. Until Chanyeol said, “Okay, we’re going to be about an hour then unless you can arrange a ride to pick us up.” 

 

He nodded at the next response and shut down the radio. “We have car and a helicopter on the way.” 

 

At the word helicopter her heart sank. Then she realized after all she’d been through, how damn appropriate this would be. She’d arrive in style and to hell with them all. She’d come to do a job for those men. She’d do it and go home. 

 

She sat in silence as Chanyeol handled the boat with enviable skill. She had no idea how long he’d been doing this, but he made it all look easy. 

 

The weather was clear by the time he pulled up to a mooring spot and hopped off, tying the boat up securely. He glanced around and saw what he was looking for. He motioned to the dock. She gasped at the sea of uniforms racing toward them. 

 

Chanyeol helped her out of the boat and stood with her as the men came and ushered her to a waiting car. She was driven to a small helicopter pad and loaded up and within minutes she was airborne. 

 

Chanyeol still at her side. 

 

She glanced down and realized she was no longer scared. She’d been through so much already, riding in a helicopter was no biggie. 

 

“You’re not worried this time?” 

 

She grinned. “Nah, why would I be? Suho’s not here.” 

 

He frowned, his gaze searching. “What difference would that make?” 

 

“Tons,” she said with a laugh. “He’s not here to throw me out.” 

 

Chanyeol laughed and laughed. “Wait until I tell him that.” 

 

“If he doesn’t like the answer, he should have been here,” she cried. “Would that have been so hard?” 

 

“You know he’s going to blame himself for this, right?” 

 

She twisted in her seat. “Why would he?” 

 

“He had to leave to make sure the security was in place for the day. When he left, the enemy moved in.” 

 

She nodded slowly. “I knew but hadn’t considered how long he’d be gone. Figured he’d gotten busy.” 

 

“He’d never have left without it being a direct order.” 

 

“He was ordered to leave?” At Chanyeol’s nod, she smiled. “That makes me feel better, but maybe someone should be asking the hard questions as to who ordered him away.” 

 

Chanyeol sat back and stared at her. “You think military are involved?” 

 

She laughed. “Chanyeol, at this point, I suspect everyone but you and the rest of the team.” 

 

That beautiful white toothed grin flashed. “Glad to hear that.” 

 

They landed soon after and were quickly transferred to another car. Inside, she caught Chanyeol glancing at his watch. 

 

“How close are we?” 

 

“They started the opening speech a few minutes ago.” 

 

“Oh good, I’m glad to miss that. Hate those things.” 

 

Chanyeol barked with laughter and she grinned. “What do you think? Should I go like this?” She motioned to her blood stained clothing. 

 

“It would be unique,” he said. 

 

“But it would also be the truth. And I’m all about that.” 

 

It was taking a chance, but if someone in that room had given the order to pull Suho back off the house and leave Chanyeol vulnerable to the enemy then maybe they should see that they failed first-hand. 

 

“Don’t give them any warning,” she said suddenly. “Just tell them we’ll be on time.” 

 

“Are you sure?” 

 

She nodded. “Did you find out who ordered Suho off the protection detail?” 

 

He shook his head. “I’m asking him that now.” 

 

“Find out before I go in, then find that man in the audience and watch him closely,” she said as they entered the security checkpoint. She twisted to look at him. “Got that?” 

 

He nodded. “I got it. Suho said he’s looking for him.” He was reading the next text that came in. They’d been steady for the last ten minutes. “He’s in position at the demonstration. He’s standing at the back door.” 

 

“That’s nice, but I could be shot from anywhere in the damn room. I’d rather have him beside me.” 

 

Chanyeol picked up the phone and called Suho instead of texting this time. Good. He quickly relayed the message. That made her feel better. Slightly. 

 

Knowing Suho was waiting for her, lifted her heart. She needed to see him again. To be hugged. She’d had such a ty morning. And after the best night of her life. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes, so hot and puffy now. She kinda out at that point. She had to prepare for what was coming. 

 

It was going to be close. In many ways. 

 

 

 

Suho realized she was safe if she was giving orders like she had been, according to Chanyeol. He could believe it. He needed to hear the details of the nightmare she’d been put through already and knew it was likely bad, but she was alive and that was what counted. She just needed to do this demonstration. And he was going to stand at her side and make sure she was safe. 

 

Guilt ate at him. He’d hated the orders pulling him away from her. Had been working since finding out she’d been kidnapped on sourcing where the orders had come from. And why. He’d fought leaving her but on the assurance that several other men were going to be there looking after her, he’d gone to make sure she’d be safe after leaving the hotel. 

 

But instead she and Chanyeol had damn near died. Again. 

 

So much for those assurances.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter