Chaeyeol 39-11

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The truck never stopped. The rolling of the wheels lulled her into sleep and out of sleep and back under again. She had to go to the bathroom but she kept telling her body to forget it, that kind of relief wasn’t going to happen any time soon. They’d have to stop for gas at some point unless they had a big tank in the back. From her viewpoint, she couldn’t tell. 

 

From the front came an odd rustle then sounds of food being eaten. Thankfully she wasn’t offered anything. The way the wheels churned through the miles, in combination with her position, she’d have upchucked anything she tried to put down. Although a drink of water would be lovely. 

 

But not going to happen. 

 

She lay quiet. Chanyeol, if you can hear me, please tell Dad I love him. 

 

She didn’t know why she was talking to Chanyeol, then again why not, considering it was all fantasy. She could have just as easily been calling to her father. But instead she’d chosen Chanyeol. Why? 

 

Because she wanted to see him again. Wanted to be held by him again. This time with affection. He confused her. Made her feel things she’d forgotten were things she’d always hoped to have. It wasn’t the white picket fence dream she wanted so much as wanting that special person to be there for her. Knowing she was part of a special twosome in a world of twosomes. She wanted to wake up to the same person morning after morning and know he’d be there on the next morning too. 

 

Foolish maybe, considering his job, but she’d rather have years with him than decades without him. And this was just stupid. Chanyeol didn’t even know she existed. Then again not many men did. 

 

Not a good time to reflect on her life. A good life but not one of excitement or even half interesting events. 

 

What a waste. Sure she’d been doing more training for her Search and Rescue work, but that was nothing to what she could do. No, she’d stayed small town so she wouldn’t be pushed out of her comfort zone. How was that working out for her now? She could do so much more in her field, but she’d resisted leaving Apgujeong because it was safe. 

 

Lord she was a fool.  Chanyeol was a man of the world. He wasn’t going to want anything to do with her. She was a mouse. And he was a predator in a good way. She’d do well to run. 

 

Except she’d love to be pounced on. The analogy made her smile. He was so much more than she was used to. She’d love to think she was up to the challenge. She’d also love to be flippant and in control right now. It would get beaten out of her soon enough. 

 

At that her tears started. 

 

She tried to make them stop, but her body refused to follow orders. Instead every part of her screamed from being in the same damn position for too long. The stress and pain and panic had caught up with her although she wasn’t willing to blame it on the drugs, but they’d had an effect on her too. She was a mess. She hated it. 

 

 She tried to shift her position, only she couldn’t move. Why couldn’t she move yet? 

 

She hadn’t felt anything for a long time, but now for some reason her body just wouldn’t stop feeling. She wished it would go back to numb. It was weird but more comfortable than the screaming pain of now. 

 

She lifted a hand and realized in shock that it moved! Not enough and not in control but whatever he’d done was wearing off. 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter