Jisuho 22

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She woke to the birds singing and the sun shining. It was a glorious day. Then she remembered what today was. And what last night had been. She bolted upright. The other side of the bed was empty. The room was empty. She was . And her body hummed in joy. Satiated from the best loving in her life, she threw back her covers and bounded off the mattress. A check of her cell phone said it was early yet. 

 

Good. A shower was first, followed by putting on her jeans and sweater until it was time to get ready. It was early and she didn’t want to spend more time in her suit and pumps than she had to. Afterwards, she twirled in front of the mirror, happy with her life. She twisted her hair back and up, looking to keep it from flying around her head. 

 

Nothing could be allowed to distract her today. 

 

She needed all her wits about her for this demonstration. 

 

Suho would be with her all day, but she had no idea in what role. And after today, she was likely to never see him again. 

 

Her heart jerked at the thought but knew it was inevitable. She’d known they weren’t to be since the beginning. She held her head up and shoved that thought to the back of her mind. Her priorities were clear. 

 

She straightened her clothing once again. Lord she was nervous. After several deep bracing breaths she walked to the kitchen. 

 

Coffee was set up. She clicked the power button to set it dripping. Where was Suho? Sehun? Chanyeol? Surely she wasn’t alone? Then she realized maybe it was all good now. Relieved but still wary, she pulled out a mug and thieved a cup of coffee. Then walked to her office. Standing at the entrance she studied the small room. It appeared to be as she’d left it. Good. 

 

Her nerves were rubbing her wrong. There was so much hanging on this deal. 

 

It wasn’t even the money. It was all about saving lives. 

 

For Min-seok. 

 

She turned to look around. As far as she could tell, she was alone. She frowned. She shouldn’t be, should she? She walked out to the back yard and wandered the small green patch aimlessly. There was no gardener today, and no one else that she could see within reach. How did that work? She wandered back inside, feeling her nerves tighten in worry. 

 

Pulling out her cell phone, she checked the time. She still had hours to go. Determined to stay busy, she sat down at her computer and logged on. Her emails were first. 

 

She ran though the ones she’d been expecting. 

 

And came to one she hadn’t. 

 

The subject said, “Suga’s life.” 

 

Frowning, she clicked on it. And froze. She snatched up her phone and called Suga. No answer. She redialed and again, no answer. She left a voice message and logged onto the company account. He wasn’t online. She checked with another employee. She was online. She sent her an instant message asking if she’d had any contact with Suga. 

 

The answer came back immediately. No. Not since noon yesterday. 

 

Jisoo brought out phone again. And called Suho. 

 

“Jisoo, what’s up?” 

 

He sounded like he was driving from the noises of a radio comi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter