Jisuho 16

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The vehicle drove steadily, the rhythmic movement keeping her in a half hypnotic trance. She’d woken in a stupor with her mind struggling to make sense of what happened. When she figured it out, her body was too paralyzed to do anything about it. 

 

“How is our guest?” someone asked up front. “Is she still asleep?” 

 

“She’s asleep.” 

 

“Good. We can’t lose her.” 

 

“Maybe not, but she needs to pay for what she did to my brother.” 

 

“That’s not for us to do.” The first man snapped. “We hand her and her computer over and we get paid. It’s simple.” 

 

“For you, it’s simple. You don’t care that they caught you and left you behind.” 

 

The first man sniggered. “That’s funny.” 

 

“There’s nothing funny about it. Besides, I didn’t stay caught. Sometimes you need to play possum to come out the winner.” 

 

“Ha, you weren’t playing possum. You’re just damn lucky we found you in time. You were grandstanding. Playing the big ego role. He was your friend and you beat him. Only you didn’t. He turned the tables and caught you.” 

 

“And like the game it is, I turned the tables yet again and escaped.” 

 

Finally, Jisoo understood. One of the men was Nam-joon. The man who’d held her captive in the cabin. The man Suho had said he’d taken care of, but when the others went to pick him up, he’d disappeared. Nam-joon had been behind everything. She didn’t know who or why this man was here. She’d understood he was doing this for a paycheck, a point she really hated him for, but she wasn’t surprised. There were many other men like him out there. 

 

It was who was paying him that she wanted caught. Nam-joon was just a soldier. 

 

It had occurred to her that there were few people who could know where she was now. Less than the fingers on her right hand. Making them all suspects now that she’d been kidnapped yet again. 

 

God, that just pissed her off. How could she have been so stupid? Or how could her guards be so stupid. Hell, maybe the lawn mower guy did just mow lawns. Did anyone know she was missing yet? 

 

Her staff would know. How long before they raised the alarm? She often power napped on them when they were pulling late nights. Her computer would shut down within minutes of her last on the keyboard. A security precaution. And nothing was held in any one place on purpose. The program couldn’t be stolen that way. 

 

But her computer lay in the footwell beside her. These men were serious and she was in deep trouble. 

 

That same anger at being stupid enough to get kidnapped was firing again. This time at Suho. 

 

He just had to go away and leave her alone. 

 

Now look what had happened? 

 

The vehicle slowed and turned off the main highway. She closed her eyes and started calling mentally to Suho. Where are you Suho? I need you. Please. Please find me. 

 

“Hey look, she’s awake.” 

 

“Not good. We’re pulling in for gas. Make sure she doesn’t create a disturbance.” 

 

“Oh, she’s not going to say anything, are you, darling?” 

 

She opened her eyes. And the biggest ugliest man in the world stared down at her, just hoping she’d make a wrong move. She shook her head. 

 

Hell no, she wasn’t going to go up against this stranger. 

 

But she knew Suho would. 

 

Just as soon as he got here. 

 

 

 

Suho drove the SUV. The vehicle that supposedly held Jisoo had been spotted heading south. That didn’t mean they didn’t have plans to go to a different destination, but they had a direction to start. 

 

They also had no proof that Jisoo was in that vehicle. She could be anywhere by now. Why now? Because of her presentation tonight? If she gave it, everyone would know what the program could do. And that was something they didn’t want advertised. Then again, she’d be under tight security while there. She should have been under the best freakin’ security while he was gone. She should have had someon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter