Jisuho 18

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mindless and in pain from the uncomfortable position, Jisoo lay almost comatose in the back. 

 

The vehicle swerved violently to the side, hitting the shoulder before being reefed back out to the road again. 

 

She moaned as she bounced forward, smashing the back of the seats and then down to the other side as the vehicle swerved across the road. Luckily with her hands in front, she could brace herself slightly. 

 

“Who the is that?” Nam-joon screamed in frustration as he struggled to keep the big vehicle on the road. “ing idiot drivers.” 

 

Jisoo cheered. They needed a few more drivers like that. It woke Nam-joon and his nasty partner up. And her. She was more alert now. 

 

Was that a good thing? Still, just knowing that her kidnappers had been shaken was good enough for her. She’d started to wonder if anything could rattle them. 

 

And where was Suho now? He should be tracking her. He wouldn’t leave her to her fate. Even if she’d upset him. Had she upset him? That badly? She hoped not. She wanted that idiot driver vehicle to be them, but it wasn’t likely. Just then the SUV slowed down and took a sharp right. And hit rough road. She moaned as her sore shoulders were jostled and bounced. She had no control as the big rig carried her further away from Suho. 

 

Hot tears clung to her eyes. And she shuddered. She was going to give him a piece of her mind for this. He’d said she was safe. 

 

He’d lied to her. Her rational mind knew that he was not responsible, but she wanted someone to be responsible, and Suho was the one who came to mind. Hell, he was always the one who came to mind. He was too damn beautiful. No guy should be so gorgeous. And of course that was reason enough to have nothing to do with him. Get rid of him before he got rid of her with a prettier model. She was fine, but there was nothing special or unique about her. She was all about average. And in this world average . 

 

Brush banged against the side of the SUV, filling the back window with dark shadows. The air inside tensed. Was there something wrong? 

 

Please let there be something wrong. She desperately needed there to be something to disrupt their plans. A chill had settled on her skin as she realized a turn off the highway meant they were coming to their intended destination. And a hidden one at that. 

 

She was running out of time. 

 

“They aren’t here yet?” Nam-joon’s worried voice filtered to the back. 

 

“They should be. Although we made good time. We’re actually a little early.” 

 

“Not that early.” 

 

She heard Nam-joon swear as he pulled the vehicle to a stop. 

 

“Is this the right location?” 

 

“According to the GPS, it is.” 

 

“There’s no way a plane is going to land on this strip.” 

 

“Bush planes land in all sorts of places,” Nam-joon said. “It’s a proper runway, just rundown and overgrown with weeds.” 

 

“Good thing I’m not going. I doubt any plane could take off here.” 

 

“Oh, you’re going all right. That was the deal.” 

 

“Except we didn’t pick up Jimin. He was supposed to take the rig back. Now that’s left to me.” 

 

Jisoo could hear Nam-joon muttering under his breath but not a resolution. If she was up against only one man, even a mercenary like Nam-joon, she’d have a much better chance than if she were up against the scary dude as well. But she wasn’t going to be able to ditch him until she was on the plane. And that was really bad news. 

 

The men got out of the truck. She expected them to come around and haul her out but sounds faded as they walked further away. She struggled to her knees and looked around. With her hands in front of her, it was easier to twist around and look out the window. As far as she could see, there was nothing but trees and more trees. There had to be something. They spoke of a runway. Surely that was here somewhere. Except as she studied the area outside the vehicle, there was no sign of the men. 

 

There wasn’t going to be a better time. She opened the back door as quietly as she could, and pushing it open just enough that she could slip out, she bent down and crept to the closest tree. Then the next one and the next one. 

 

When she didn’t hear a mad shout behind her, she flat out ran. She kept the tracks in sight, knowing she’d end up lost if she didn’t, while yet trying to stay hidden. Following the tracks would be easier, but they’d also have an easier time of tracking her down too. She didn’t dare get caught. Unless it was by her SEAL. 

 

She almost giggled at that. 

 

A SEAL to the rescue. Or he would be if he actually got here and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter