Jisuho 20

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo’s mouth hurt from smiling, her feet were throbbing from her killer heels and the damn scratches on her arms were driving her nuts. What had seemed like super-soft material at the beginning of the evening was now aggravating the problem with every movement. The dress needed to go and the shoes had to go now. 

 

“Can we leave?” she asked in a low tone. She was dancing a slow waltz in his arms, loving the romance of the moment but forcing herself to remember it wasn’t real. It might become real but it wasn’t yet. 

 

And he wasn’t hers. Although he should be as far as her heart was concerned. Somehow he’d become very much a part of her life. 

 

She watched as he glanced around, motioned to someone out of sight before he glanced down at her and said, “Yes, we can leave.” 

 

“Good,” she whispered. “I can barely stand anymore.” 

 

“Your feet?” he asked in a harsh whisper ladened with concern. 

 

She loved that protector part of him. “Yes, but more from the heels than the old injuries.” 

 

“The combination can’t be good.” He led her off the dance floor and through the dwindling crowd. 

 

She was so tired, she barely managed all the good-byes and thank yous as he led her outside. She waited at the doorway while the car came around, Suho standing in front of her. Then he walked her to the passenger side and helped her into the back seat. Inside she saw Sehun in the front riding shotgun. She gave him a tired smile. 

 

“I think I’d have rather had your job this evening,” she said quietly. “My feet are killing me.” 

 

He grinned. “My size fourteens aren’t made for high heels.” 

 

That was what she missed this last week. The teasing. The laughter. The sense of camaraderie. 

 

“I think we might be able to find you a pair,” Suho said, with a grin. “Cross-dressing has become much more popular.” 

 

Sehun glared at him. 

 

“When’s your birthday?” she asked him in a teasing voice. At his horrified look, she laughed. “No worries. No high heels as gifts.” 

 

“Damn right,” he muttered. 

 

They pulled up to her house, and Sehun hopped out and opened the door for her. Suho got out and came around to offer her a hand out. 

 

“Thank you,” she said to Sehun and let Suho lead her into the house. She needed sleep. Tomorrow was big. As in national security big. But she had to get through tonight. She knew it was going to be a long one. She was physically and emotionally exhausted but too keyed up mentally to sleep. And she wanted to run through her program again. 

 

There were a few things that had been bugging her in the back of her mind. She couldn’t take the chance of there being a problem at this late hour. 

 

“Bed,” he said and walked her up the stairs to her room, searched the closet and bathroom then dropped to the floor to check under the bed. 

 

He turned back to face her. “It’s all clear.” 

 

She kicked off her high heels and stood for a moment in joy as her feet sank into the plush carpet. Her arches were trying to adapt to the change in position. 

 

“So damn good,” she moaned. 

 

He laughed. “If it’s so bad why do women wear them?” 

 

“‘Cause they make our legs look miles long,” she said saucily. “And men love the look.” 

 

He walked closer and tugged her into his arms. “I can’t argue that. You knocked them dead tonight.” 

 

She chuckled. “You mean I’m dead tonight.”

 

“After the day you’ve had, that you managed to go at all and then ended up doing so well is fantastic. Now you need sleep.” 

 

“Are you staying here,” she asked, desperately trying to keep her voice neutral. 

 

“I am. The door will stay open and I will be on guard outside.” 

 

She nodded. Of course he was. He was on duty. She was in danger and they had to keep her safe. Feeling let down but knowing she needed to sleep alone, for everyone’s sake, she turned and tilted her head forward. “Please undo the zipper. I’m not up to any fancy contortions tonight.” 

 

He slid the clasp down then stepped back. “I’ll be outside if you need me.” 

 

And he walked out. 

 

Resigned to being alone again, she watched him retreat until he was out of sight. Turning back to her closet, she slipped off her dress, hung it up then stripped down to her skin and grabbed her boy shorts tank top pajamas. It took a moment longer to take off her makeup, her arm feeling heavy and unwieldy as she finished. So damn tired. 

 

Crossing to her bed, she pulled back the covers and crawled in. Sleep hit at the same time her head hit the pillow. She could feel her body sinking deep into the bedding. And she was out. 

 

She woke up several hours later and rolled over. Her body ached with each shift. Why? She opened her eyes, remembering the hours of being tied up in the SUV and the panicked run through the woods. She was so damn grateful to be safe and home again. Well, maybe not home but here in a soft bed knowing she had people looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter