Jisuho 25

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Help!” she cried out to the approaching vessel. “Help.” 

 

No response. 

 

. It was a power boat. Large with someone dressed in black. And she knew this rescue wasn’t going to go well. Damn it. She shifted higher so Chanyeol was hidden from sight. 

 

“Help!” 

 

Still no response. There wasn’t much left of the boat they originally woke up on. In fact, just a few bits of loose debris floated beside her. She grabbed a water bottle that floated by. She’d take that. 

 

The boat came alongside. The man in black walked to the side closest to her. And held out a hand. 

 

She didn’t recognize him. 

 

But she had limited choices. She reached up and caught his hand. He gave a rough tug and pulled her aboard. She groaned as her ribs took more abuse. Then he helped her to sit down. So maybe a rescuer? But she didn’t believe in fairy tales anymore. 

 

“Thank you,” she said, her breath coming out in short gasps. The slide over the side of the boat hadn’t done anything good for her ribs. She closed her eyes for a long moment, trying to regain her balance. 

 

When she opened her swollen eyes it was to find him standing in front of her. A short snub looking handgun pointing at her. 

 

“It’s just not my day, is it?” she muttered, glaring at him. “Who the hell are you?” 

 

“You’re luckier than you know,” he snapped. “I work with Nam-joon. And the s who kidnapped you weren’t supposed to leave you on the ship to die. But that’s all right, the that did is paying for his error right now.” 

 

“I don’t know anything,” she whispered, wondering if she could make it over the railing. She’d rather take her chance with the water than be back in the hands of these s. “Or I’d have told them.” 

 

“No, you wouldn’t. You’re too damn noble. And for what?” 

 

She straightened. If she had to do this one more time, then well, she would. Inside she was afraid. What if she couldn’t hold out again? What if she gave in? No. She couldn’t give in. 

 

And yet… she eyed the gun. 

 

“Are you the one paying them to do this to me? Where’s Nam-joon?” 

 

“Nam-joon got called away. The presentation you did last night caused the buyers some angst. Nam-joon is trying to keep things on an even keel. Now the men downstairs? One is punishing the other for sinking the boat with you. You weren’t supposed to die.” 

 

“Why did you kill the other man with me?” she whispered, pretending Chanyeol was dead. “He didn’t do anything to you.” 

 

“Maybe not, but he would have.” The man shrugged. “He’s a SEAL. He wouldn’t be able to help himself.” 

 

“Damn it.” She reached up and rubbed her eyes. Everything hurt. The world was in a dismal state if people like this had nothing better to do but screw around with others and hurt people for fun. 

 

“The money for you is better than most contracts.” He snorted. “But you are only valuable if your damn software comes with it.” 

 

Ah. So that was what was wrong. “And he figured that as I didn’t have it that I was useless and best to let me die.” 

 

“Exactly. Then again, getting good help these days is a .” He smiled. “But it all worked out in the end.” 

 

She nodded as if she understood when in truth she didn’t understand anything. 

 

“Now that we have you again, we’ll toss you to the buyer. Along with the electronics we recovered from your employee.” 

 

“Is Suga dead?” She glared at him. She might just kill him herself if he was. 

 

“Nah, not yet. But he’s going to wish he was. He promised the goods and he didn’t deliver.” 

 

She closed her eyes. Damn it. Maybe Suho had been right. Had Suga been after a bigger payday? 

 

“This has been a ty job from start to finish.” The gunman growled, “What’s with you damn people.” 

 

“So finish it now,” she snapped. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter