Jisuho 19

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo cried out, but no sound erupted as a hand had clapped over . Strong arms held her. Instinct said to run. Instinct said to fight. But her heart said she was safe. Then his words filled her ears and she understood. It was Suho. She sagged in place, her knees weak and her spine suddenly boneless. 

 

He’d come for her. 

 

He spun her around until he looked down at her. “Are you okay,” he whispered in a hoarse guttural tone. “Did they hurt you?” 

 

She clasped her hands on either side of his head and shook her head wildly. “No, they didn’t hurt me. They didn’t have time. You came, oh thank God.” 

 

“Are you sure you’re okay.” 

 

“I’m fine. I’m so glad to see you.” 

 

“Shh, it’s okay. Be quiet. Shh. Be quiet.” 

 

She tried. Honest she did, but it was so freakin’ hard. She finally looped her arms around his neck and hugged him. Then pulled back and kissed him. A heart-wrenching kiss of loss and longing. 

 

She felt his surprise, felt his arms wrap around her. She recognized the moment when he got over his surprise and kissed her back. She loved that about him. 

 

Suddenly she was set back, cool air between them. She hated it. But she understood it. She smiled up at his hard face. “It’s good to see you again.” 

 

“Damn it, Jisoo.” He groaned. “When do you ever stay out of trouble?” 

 

“Ha, I was working alone when I was attacked. What was I supposed to do, ask them to come back later?” 

 

“That’s not what I meant.” 

 

She laughed. Forgetting his admonishment to be quiet until his mouth came down on hers. Hard. 

 

She hugged him hard. In joy. She didn’t want to let him go. She’d felt so alone. But he’d come for her. He set her back slightly and picked up her hands still caught in handcuffs. He studied the mechanism for a long moment then released her. He pulled out a small tool set from his back pockets and got to work. 

 

“What about the others, are they here?” 

 

He nodded, did something, she heard the click, and he popped the handcuff open. “Searching for you and the enemy. So far no sign of the men who attacked you.” 

 

She rubbed her wrists in relief. “Thank you. And as for the enemy… that was Nam-joon again. And his partner.” She gave him a quick description of the second man. She could see him cataloging the details to fit into the puzzle pieces in his own mind. 

 

“Do you know where they are?” 

 

She shook her head. “No. Not really. When they stopped the vehicle I slipped out the back and ran. I haven’t stopped since.” 

 

She sighed and ran a hand over hair. “I heard a vehicle go by but was turned around. It was a black SUV and I thought it was Nam-joon but wasn’t sure. I figured they were heading to the highway.” 

 

“Good. It’s not for you to go and look.” 

 

“I’m happy to let you chase after them and bring them down. Although I’d rather be a long way away before that happens.” 

 

“You will be. We’re taking you to town. The others are going hunting.” 

 

“Town?” she asked hopefully. “As in a hot bath and a bed and would it be too much to ask for some food.” 

 

He laughed and led her out to the SUV. He knew the others were watching. He gave the signal she was unhurt and he was moving forward with the plan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter