Yoosung #3

What if MC turned him down? - A Jumin route extension

Yoosung~

 

“We don’t know if V nor Seven will come any time soon, so we might as well start,”

 

Jaehee remarks as she unties her apron and folds it neatly. The members sit down by the lovely table. The place has a very fairytale-like vibe to it, like Alice’s adventures in wonderland or something similar. 

 

The party pick up their plates and head towards the buffet. Yoosung hasn’t had a proper cooked meal in days and after grabbing a hefty pile of pork, spring rolls, rice and veggies he sits down by the decorated table. He starts shuffling in food like he has never seen it before. 

 

“Which one of you can cook like this? It’s really good!”

 

Zen asks. Jaehee and MC are dining next to each other and they look at one another and smile. They have always gotten along well.

 

“It was a team effort for sure,”

 

Jaehee says with a sweet smile before MC protests:

 

“Don’t be so charitable Jaehee, I only helped! And you made the dessert...” 

 

Dessert! Yoosung is eating well today for sure. And the company is great. For the first time in a long time he feels at peace and like he can let go and enjoy himself. He loves being here with eccentric Zen, thoughtful Jaehee, blunt Jaemin and bubbly MC. 

 

Yoosung almost forgets that two of RFA’s members are missing. That is until he hears the sound of a car pulling up down the path. 

 

“Oh he came after all! How lucky we are!”

 

MC exclaims as she gets up from her seat to look towards the sound. Yoosung turns his gaze towards the gravel path leading up to their dining table. After some time he spots the red head walking towards them. Seven. But... hold on... is that? 

 

Yoosung freezes up. Blue hair, sunglasses. V came with him. He is shocked to see him, the man he has been directing his building frustration at for months. A sudden rush of despair takes over Yoosung’s body. He needs to get away from here. 

 

“I got to go. I can’t... I’ll be back soon. I’m sorry...”

 

He gets up and speedily walks away from the members, who seem to be too surprised by V’s entrance to stop him. Yoosung walks around the building and gets to the backyard of the mansion. He stops there. He has to gather himself, and he takes a deep breath. The back of the mansion is placed on a hill, and so trees that are shorter below it are at the same height as Yoosung. Something about the garden with all the flowers, greenery and birds’ chirping calms him immediately. The trees glowing with golden light from the sun’s rays enchants him. It’s lit by magic. Yoosung stands there as if by a spell captured for a while, looking at the sun in the sky, and the clouds framing it.

 

He doesn’t snap out of it even when he hears faint sounds of someone coming towards his back, stepping in the grass. It’s almost like he already forgot about V’s presence. The steps feel strangely familiar and melt into the magic engulfing him. They stop. A gentle hand is placed on his shoulder. The boy doesn’t feel himself tense. He doesn’t even feel surprise. 

 

“Yoosung, it’s me.”

 

A silky, soft, high pitched voice calls him. He turns around, and there she stands right before him. Long, blonde, glistening hair and piercingly green eyes. With a gentle smile and watery eyes she greets him. 

 

“Rika...” 

 

He closes his eyes in relief and embraces the petite woman. She is warm, she is real and she is here, in his arms. It’s so intoxicating. She smells sweet. Time passing feels unreal, it’s as if it has stopped. For just a moment.

 

He hears a scream. A dreadful scream. 

 

Yoosung eyes fly open, he snaps out of the magic trance.