707 #2

What if MC turned him down? - A Jumin route extension

707~

 

His brain is going to explode. There is so much circling around and around in his mind at the moment. What happened at the hacker's headquarters with Yoosung, why V was there, if MC is safe, the agency work and how he can help RFA with their reputation: all at once. 

 

"I hope what you've been doing is agency business," 

 

Vanderwood stands behind him, making him jump at the sudden interruption. 

 

"Yes..."

 

Seven isn't lying. He has been doing agency work all day since he knows Vanderwood has been keeping an eye on him. He spins around in his chair and looks up at the man. Seven reaches around Vanderwood's waist and unties his apron.

 

"I think I need a break now though,"

 

The redhead gives Vanderwood a smirk but the man just sighs and smacks Luciel's hands. 

 

"Not now Luciel," 

 

"Hm... then... don't you have anyone else to bother?" 

 

"You seem to have no respect for me whatsoever... I'm done cleaning your house, you know I can't stand a mess, so I guess I will go now," 

 

"Thank's to your discipline methods I've been productive today," 

 

Seven chuckles a bit but stops when he sees Vanderwood's unamused face. 

 

"I'll leave. I have work of my own,"

 

The unemployed maid says and even folds the apron he used on the way out. When he is almost at the door he turns around and says:

 

"That girl, is she an agent? She was funny, and rather peculiar..." 

 

"Don't worry about it! No surprise you like MC though, she is a likeable person,"

 

Luciel can hear the man mutter as he leaves. He makes sure he has completely left and isn't coming back before he returns to the computer. Now he can finally do something other than agency work. He stretches his fingers and cracks his knuckles. Time to get into the messenger hacker business.

 

He still decides to keep what happened at the hacker's headquarters and the attack on the messenger separate. He is pushing the thought of his twin way back in his mind, because how could he possibly focus otherwise? V's engagement in this whole mess is also pushed back...

 

As soon as he goes into the code of the messenger the screen freezes. A caution message pops up and we he tries to close the window, more of them pops up. 

 

"Oh ..."

 

Suddenly there is another message on the screen.

 

"There is a change in plan. We are done with MC. Next objective is to get rid of her, she has no further use. You have seen too much Luciel and this is your punishment."

 

His heart his racing. Why are they changing objective? Why are they making effort in bringing this information to him? God damn it... He needs to protect MC now. Maybe it would've been best for Jumin to lock her up after all. 

 

What can he do? Two options pop up in his head. Call Jumin or call V. He decides to call V first to make him aware of the danger, but he wishes to make it quick so that Jumin and Zen can help her get safe. The hacker presses V's number on the phone. He is so impatient and gets more frustrated for each signal. It feels as if he has been waiting for long when V picks up. 

 

"Luciel?"

 

"V. This is an emergency."

 

"Your voice is shaky... what happened?"

 

"It's MC. Mint eye is going after her now!"

 

"Oh..."

 

V is silent for a moment and it causes Luciel to just fire up even more.

 

"Hurry up! I should contact Jumin and the rest of RFA as soon as possible so she can be protected!" 

 

He rambles on about the severity of the situation and he tells V how the message appeared when viewing the programming code of the messenger.

 

"Luciel..." V pauses again, "the other members can't find out too much about Mint eye. I want to tone down the talk about what happened a bit..."

 

"Wait... what are you suggesting?" The hacker's mouth fall open in realisation. 

 

V hesitates before he responds:

 

"I think we should keep this a secret."

 

"How could we keep this a secret! MC's life is on the line!"

 

"It's for... everyone's best... and, Luciel. I trust you. You can protect her without revealing anything. Your skills are incredible."

 

"V... this doesn't make any sense..."

 

"Trust me Luciel."

 

He hangs up without a confirmation or a goodbye to V. Frustration fills his head since he doesn't understand V's intentions. He has to make a decision, whether to trust V's decision to be the best or not. He thinks about it hard for a few minutes, but he knows he has to act quick whatever option he chooses. What makes him decide in the end is the question, why did they care to warn him? It makes the redhead think that the warning might just be a bet. And he wants to trust V, he really wants to trust him. So, he listens to V. No information is going out to the other members. Now he starts wondering about the next step. This must mean more work. Protecting her without revealing anything? It takes a while for him to figure out what it could mean, but soon an idea hits him. Bingo.