Ten

The Deck Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10 - A Bad Day indeed 

I don’t know how long I had been passed out for but I know that it was morning. My eyes were closed but I could feel the warm rays of sunlight coming from my bedroom window. 

“HOW THE HELL COULD HE DO THIS?” 

I winced at the loud voice. Who was that? I moved slightly to get into a comfortable position. A sharp pain shot through my right arm. I bit my lip at the pain. Still keeping my eyes closed, I reached my other hand to my right arm. There was something wrapped around it. But I don’t know what. 

The last thing I remembered was that I was walking around the house and stumbled upon a mysterious gryffindor looking common room. And then there was a fireplace, something shiny and then boom, fire. Heaps of fire and... and.. 

I gasped suddnely. I flung my eyes open and sat up straight. 

The fire... that angry flying flaming card... I held my head as memories flashed back into my mind. 

“CHANYEOL STOP!” I heard another yell, followed by a loud crash. 

Fearing the worst, I quickly stood up from the bed. A sudden feeling of dizziness hit me. I took hold of the bed beside me to steady myself. Taking deep breaths, I waited few seconds before making my way downstairs. I followed the source of screaming to the kitchen where a terrifying sight greeted me. 

Baekhyun was lying on the floor with a bleeding hand as he glared up at the flying card above him. It was the same card that tried to kill me last night. I noticed that it was back in its flaming state. I looked around for Kyungsoo and found him unconscious on the floor. 

“Kyungsoo!” I screamed, skipping to his limp form. I quickly checked his vitals and sighed at the familiar pace of the beats. I looked at the card angrily. He can mess with me, fine. But if he messes with the people I love then it’s hell on loose. 

“You!” I yelled, pointing to the flaming card in mid-air. I shuffled infront of him, blocking baekhyun out of sight. “Get out of my house.” I screamed. My anger has reached its peak. 

The card flared at my outburst. It stood still in the air, most likely glaring at me. 

“Didn’t you hear me? Get out of my house!” I yelled again, looking at it with my best glare. “You don’t deserve to be here. Look at what you did to your own brothers. You hurt them.” I screamed, showing him the mess he has created. “You have a problem with me, fine! Deal with me. Hit me. Kill me. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT! But how dare you attack your own people? HOW DARE YOU ATTACK YOUR OWN BROTHERS?! Isn’t family important to you? Is your anger so important that you dared to hurt your own family? Your own bloody brothers!” I continued yelling. 

I was livid at this warrior’s actions. 

“I understand you might have had a bad experience with wielders and therefore you don’t trust them. I get that. Heck, I even get the part about you hating the wielders. I completely understand the hate we get from warriors. But what’s that got to do with you attacking your brothers like this, huh?!” I gritted out. I swear if the warrior was infront of me right now, I would have pulled his collar. “Do you not see what you have done to Kyungsoo?” I said, pointing to my unconscious warrior. “I don’t even know if he’s going to wake up. He has a bloody gash running along his forehead. Who’s responsible for that, huh? WHO’S RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT?!” 

I was running out of breadth by now. The screaming was taking a toll on my body. 

“And look at him.” I continued, moving aside to show a scared baekhyun lying on the floor with his hand still bleeding. “Did you do this? You hurt him, didn’t you? Why? WAE?!” I screamed, grabbing a show piece from nearby and throwing it on the ground in anger. 

“You want to kill me, right? FINE! Kill me! I’m standing right infront of you. With no weapons. No cards. No warriors to protect me. Go ahead and kill me. GO AHEAD AND TAKE YOUR BLOODY REVENGE!” I screamed, half crying in the process. I could feel tears staining my cheeks. 

Loosing my will to stand up, I suddnely went down on my knees. I sobbed as Baekhyun came to my side, holding onto me. I hugged him, crying my eyes out. 

This is ridiculous. I never imagined this happening to me. I have grown attached to my two warriors. Seeing them like this, hurts. And to make it worse, I had screamed at a warrior. I just proved why we wielders are so cruel. I don’t want to be like other wielders. 

“Leave this house now, Yeol.” I heard baekhyun say as I stared at the floor in shame. “Don’t come back until you’re calmed down and have thought about what you did. We don’t need your help. We want to stay with Yoonmi. I want to stay with her. Leave. Just leave.” 

There was a minute silence before a whooshing sound was heard. 

I cried loudly into baekhyun’s chest, wondering if I did the right thing. 

 

*****

 

“How are you feeling?” I asked the shorter boy as I helped him up on the couch. After the whole fiasco, I had managed to snap out of my depressing state and had patched both of my warriors up. 

“You need to keep yourself hydrated.” I said, handing him a glass of water. He looked at me with his owlish eyes before nodding. I sighed as I slumped my body against the bean bag I was sitting on. Baekhyun was also relaxing beside me. Thankfully his injury wasn’t that serious therefore didn’t required as much attention as Kyungsoo’s did. 

I looked around the room carefully. None of them seem to be talking. My two warriors had their heads bowed deep into their pillows or the arm rest in case of Baekhyun. 

“I’m sorry.” I said quietly, breaking the silence in the room. I don’t know why I was apologising for. Maybe because I’m the reason their brother did this to them? 

“Don’t say sorry.” I looked at baekhyun, who was starring at me with an intense look. “He did this to himself. You have nothing to apologise for.” 

“But...” I started only to be cut off by the earth warrior. 

“He’s right. Chanyeol hyung did this to himself. He was always known as the happy virus of the family. Seeing him explode like this was unusual. I think he needs some time to calm down.” 

“But he’s your brother.” I said, rubbing my forehead in annoyance. “I shouldn’t have shouted at him. I feel guilty, D.O. I think it was my fault as a wielder that he reacted this way. I can only wonder what my kind must have done to him. I still feel guilty. What if he doesn’t return? I don’t want to deprive you guys from your brother’s love.” 

“He will come back, Yoonmi. Trust me.” Baekhyun said, cupping my cheeks in his hands. “Look, I know you for what like... a day maybe?.. but I know you’re a good wielder. You are not like the others. Sooner or later, Chanyeol will realise that. As soon as he calms down, he will know what he did wrong and he will mop around the whole place like a child. I reckon, in a week he’ll be here at our doorstep, crying his eyes out.” 

I slightly chuckled at his description. 

“You seem to know him the best.” 

“Ofcourse I do. He’s my best man.” Baekhyun exclaimed, raising his nose in air. “We’re practically made for each other.” I smiled at his attempt to lighten the mood. 

“Okay Mr. Girlfriend, I’m gonna head out for a bit. The classes start tomorrow and before they do, I would like to get a feel of the wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter