The party pt 2

Culture shock

Saeron jogged around the corner, pushed against the wall and held her hands out for her partner to jump off and climb the wall. When he successfully jumped over he held a hand down as she made a running jump up to the wall, he pulled her over and she dropped next to the dirt with him before they both took off in a sprint to their next checkpoint. 

 

At their next checkpoint they found two bags weighing 80 pounds each, they threw them on grunting quietly at the weight before sprinting off again. Her lungs felt like they were literally dying on her right in the moment. “Just a bit more”, Jackson wheezed out next to her. 

 

She chose not to comment. She lifted her feet higher, pushed harder, hoped she’d make it faster than everyone else. She nearly sobbed at the sight of the finish line, she pushed through with Jackson and promptly fell into the arms of her girlfriend. “Babe, damn you look like the walking dead.” 

 

Katy laughed and eased Saeron down on to her back, “baby I think I’m gonna die.”

 

“No way. You can’t leave me.” Saeron choked out a laugh as Katy leaned over and held a cold bottle of water to the side of her face. 

 

“Oh you godsend I adore you.”

 

“Drink up, you look like you need it.” She simply nodded and did as instructed. 

 

“Damn Ronnie, That was tight.” Junito yelled as he ran over with Joy. Saeron nodded, eyes shifting to Katy’s who were no longer focused on her but on the tall redhead walking over. She finished the water, maybe it would wash down the pain of always coming in second. 

 

“Thanks bro.” She stood with Junito’s help because Katy had long since checked out and was now laughing with Joy. “Think I was fast enough?”

 

“Think? Dude don’t even stress, I know you were. I checked your time on my way over. You and Jackie boy are a whole 5 seconds ahead of Devon and Christian.”

 

“Oh thank god. I don’t think I could do that again. My legs feel like jelly.” Junito nodded and laughed before following Saeron’s line of sight. 

 

“You guys gonna do something to celebrate?” She shrugged, sure they could. If Joy didn't already invite Katy to something. Which she probably did. Which means Katy will say no and go with Joy instead. 

 

“I don’t know. I didn’t ask.” Junito nodded, sensing the same awkward feeling he had for the past five years where his best friend and her girlfriend were involved. Saeron limped over to Katy and Joy and smiled when not stuck a hand out. “Nice work out there man, I don’t think I could do that.”

 

She threw an arm over Katy’s shoulder and ignored it when she was shrugged off. “A lot of training. And hopefully, it was enough. This is a killer. Can you give Katy and I a moment?”

 

“Um sure, yeah no problem.”

 

Katy lifted a brow and turned to Saeron, “what’s up muffin?” Saeron smiled weakly. Where was this when Joy was around?

 

“I was just wondering if you wanted to come home with me, have a nice dinner and a couple drinks.” Katy grimaced and she knew Joy had already invited her to something. 

 

“I would love to baby, but Joy invited me to a cookout.”

 

“Can’t you just tell her another time? I just want to spend time with you.”

 

“We hung out yesterday.”

 

“For an hour before you left to spend the rest of the day with Joy.”

 

“She’s my best friend Ron what do you want from me?”

 

“You Katy. That’s literally all I want. You, more of you. It’s been five years and I never get all of you.” 

 

Katy sighed, “can we not do this here? I’ll make it up to you. Tomorrow we can spend all day together. Promise.”

 

It’s always like this. She’s a week away from going to base, she just wanted the last week to be with the girl she loved. “Whatever Katy. I’ll see you later.”

 

Katy stretched forward to grab Saeron’s wrist but only grazed it as Saeron walked away. “Wait. Ron c’mon let’s talk about this.”

 

That night Saeron bunched her hair together and bit her lip, cut it or no? She walked downstairs where Junito was eating cereal and watching the Yankees. “Dude, question.”

 

“Go head.”

 

“You know how I’m leaving to basic training?”

 

“Yeh.”

 

“Should I cut my hair?”

 

He looked up from the game, “why?”

 

“It’ll get in the way.”

 

“Will you be safer with it cut?”

 

“I guess yeah.”

 

“Then yeah, want me to do it? Or do you want Katy to do it?”

 

“You can do it. Katy doesn’t know about basic.”

 

“Um Ronnie? You're a week away from it, you have to tell her.”

 

“Why? I never come first. She’s never around long enough for me to tell her anything of value. So why should that change now?” Junito set his bowl aside and stood up, he walked up to Saeron and cupped her chubby cheeks. 

 

“You’re going to ia man. You aren’t doing to be a state away anymore, whatever drama you guys have. You should try to fix it.”

 

“That’s just the thing though, I don’t think we can. I think she’s in love with someone else. I’m just here to pass the time.” Junito grimaced, damn Katy. What are you doing? He hugged Saeron and inhaled her scent. He’d miss her. 

 

“I’m really sorry. And I’m really sorry about Joy.”

 

“It’s not like she knows.”

 

“Well. Let’s go cut this hair, because my bestie is gonna be as safe as possible.” With a grunt he lifted Saeron over his shoulders and walked up the steps yelling things about her .

 

The next day, Katy stared stunned at Saeron’s short hair. “Oh my god, your hair.”

 

Saeron laughed shyly and ran her hand through the short curls of hair above her head. “You like it?”

 

“You look really, really y”. Katy whispered, stepping forward and running her hand through the faux hawk. “God I’ll never get my hands off you at this rate.”

 

Saeron wound her arms around Katy’s waist, fully intending to take her girl to bed when her phone rang. “Sorry! Sorry! Let me put it on silent.”

 

They both looked over at the phone on the counter at the same time, Saeron felt her stomach drop at the bright Joy shining on the phone. She could feel it, Katy’s attention ebbing away. 

 

“Hello? Hey Joy I can’t really talk right now I’m— what? Really? Okay. Um, give me like thirty minutes.” She stepped back, already knowing Katy was going to break her promise. Katy shut her phone and looked awkwardly at Saeron. “Look I know I-“

 

“Save it. Just go.”

 

“Wait Ron. Let me explain.”

 

“I don’t really wanna hear it Katy just go. Just like you always do.”

 

“Hey that’s not fair.”

 

“Whatever. I’ll see you later.” 

 

That night Saeron slept alone, no missed calls from Katy. No emails. Nothing on her Beeper. Maybe they were doomed. She’d be gone in five days. The next day Katy didn’t try to communicate and Saeron didn’t fight for it. 

 

Now she’d be gone in four days. 

 

Junito planned a going away cookout, all their closest friends were there. He didn’t invite Joy and she didn’t invite Katy. While she was eating a sausage and talking trash with Jackson Katy walked up, she ignored the party and walked right up to Saeron who thought maybe she was trying to talk things out. 

 

“I left my wallet here.” 

 

Saeron laughed dryly. Of course. She found the wallet upstairs and Katy simply left, never asking what the party was. Why it was happening. How Saeron was. 

 

That night she realized she'd be gone in three days.

 

Two days before she would leave she called Katy asking if they could hang out and talk. Katy said no. She was busy, but Saeron knew she was having lunch with Joy because she was standing outside. 

 

On the day before she was leave, she showed up at a party she didn’t even know Katy was having. She found Katy in the back, with Joy like usual. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I needed to talk to you but you won’t return my calls.”

 

“Because I don’t want to talk. You basically called me a ty girlfriend. Why would I want to talk?”

 

Saeron chose not to comment, she held a key out. “This is to the lock on my door, I put all your stuff in a box. You can pick it up tomorrow.”

 

Katy stared wide eyed at the key, Saeron reckoned this was the first time she had ever seen Katy seem shocked. “What?”

 

“We’re done.”

 

“What do you mean we’re done? Because I ignored you? I was just mad Ron you know how I get. I didn’t mean it. Jesus what the .”

 

“I’m sorry Katy. I can’t keep coming second. I can’t keep being stood up. Abandoned because you have feelings for someone who doesn’t see you as anything more than just a sister.”

 

“W-What? What are you talking about?”

 

“You know what I’m talking about. I’m done. If you think you weren’t bad then so be it. But I’m done.”

 

Katy swallowed hard and told herself crying wouldn’t solve anything. “Why do I need the key? You can just open the door yourself.”

 

“No I can’t. I’m leaving tonight to ia.”

 

She stumbled back, “ia? What?”

 

“If you had been around, months ago you’d have known I was leaving for basic training. If you had been around at all this week, we’d have spent my last week together. But you chose who you always choose. You chose Joy. And that’s fine. Goodbye Katy.”

 

“No wait”, Katy cried as Saeron began walking away. “Wait Ron. Hold on. Please let’s just talk.”

 

For the first time, Saeron didn’t wait. She didn’t talk. She left, because at some point she had to come first. 

 

————/////————/////————/////————/////———

We’re both going to die because my woman can’t be assertive! So what if we love Summer, she could be trying to kill us! Oh my goodness, I’m telling you. Living in that white picket fence is making her believe the world is perfect, we are going to die. 

 

Oh god, I can’t do this. I stopped and turned to Wendy, she’s so beautiful and innocent and dumb. Just dumb. You can’t trust everyone!

 

“Why are you pacing?”

 

“Why are we just going to follow Summer into the dark!”

 

“She’s your sister Joy, I highly doubt she’s going to sell us off to a Mexican cartel.” Huh. My sister. Yeah, I have a little sister. Ohh and little brothers. And another dad. Another family. 

 

But most importantly, “she is my sister huh?”

 

Wendy giggles and my heart soars into the heavens, I have a perfect fiancé. And unfortunately a little sister trying to sell us to a GODDAMN mexican cartel! 

 

Oh life you dirty hoe. 

 

—————/////—————/////—————/////——————/////————/////

 

I am not proud of the scream that left my wonderful throat when everyone yelled surprise, but ten points to Wendy for catching me. Up high little lady! 

 

The cafe was so pretty, a big ole poster in the middle, a pretty cake in the center. If I wasn’t still trying to lower my heart rate I might even cry. I turned to Summer. 

 

“You knew about this?” 

 

“Duh, why else would I have brought you?”

 

I shrugged, okay so maybe she isn’t working for the Mexican cartel. Or else, maybe she is and she’s just working the long con. “Judging from the look on your face you’re coming up with something ridiculous.”

 

“Am not. I was just thinking that”.

 

“That!”

 

“Hey! Wendy, where are you going?”

 

“I’m just going to go say hi to everyone hon, you can stay here and talk to Summer.” 

 

But, but. “Okay. I love you.” 

 

If the sun ever dies, we should use Wendy’s smile to brighten up the world. “I love you too baby”, Wendy tiptoes to kiss my lips and saunters away with my heart and on a cloud of my love. I sigh, “disgusting.” 

 

I roll my eyes and turn, Katy is standing next to Summer with a stupid grin on her face. “You’re an ”.

 

“Oh but I’m your .” I can’t help the laugh which makes Katy laugh and then Summer. Katy quickly gets quiet though and puts a finger over Summers’ lips. “No. You don’t get to laugh.”

 

“That is such , why don’t I get to laugh!” These two could honestly power all the stupid in the world alone. Summer continues to argue with Katy’s finger over her lips. 

 

“Oyè basta ya( enough) no fighting during my party. Just loving.”

 

“I’m not making love with you sister.”

 

“That’s disgusting.” I shake my head, Wendy come back. I look up to find her because I feel myself getting dumber with these two, I find my mom first. 

 

Mami. Oh man, I miss my mom. Should I go to her first? No, no I shouldn’t. She messed up not me. But I want my mom though. Oh Mami you look so sad, don’t be sad. Daddy where are you! Mami needs you. Oh this is horrible, I should go to her. 

 

“Have you guys spoken yet?” I hear behind me. 

 

I shake my head and both Summer and Katy pull me to a table in the cafe. “Buddy why not?” Summer asks. 

 

“Because she hasn’t called, it’s been three days guys. Three days.” 

 

“Have you tried talking to her first?” I shake my head at Katy. 

 

“No. But seeing her I just want to slide up to her feet and beg her to love me again.”

 

“Joy, your mom loves you. You’re just having the first fight you’ve ever had. Me and my mom have them all the time and just make up like nothing.”

 

“Really? How do you fix them?”

 

“Well usually we’re fighting about my dad. She hates him and as much pain as my father has caused me and my brothers. I love him. He’s my dad. So usually mom gets mad when I do what dad wants. We’ll say mean things to each other, and then she’ll go away for a week and one of us will break and she’ll just show up at my house or I’ll show up at hers.”

 

“Does your mom live in Korea?”

 

“She used to, but last year she moved to LA.”

 

“What’s her name? Lee Hyori.”

 

“Wait I thought you were Choi?”

 

“We are, my mom changed her surname to her mother’s after her and my dad divorced because she was sick of people knowing who she was by name alone. She felt that people had preconceived notions of her.”

 

I nodded, eyes drifting back to my mom. Oh mom you look so sad. “What does your dad do?” I hear Katy ask behind me.

 

“He’s a Egame Ceo.”

 

“What?”

 

“Ever heard of Netmarble?” I shook my head. “They are a computer company that makes games. My dad founded them and they make a lot of Superhero games.” I blinked. 

 

“So your dad is filthy rich?”

 

“He’s your dad too Joy.”

 

“I’m her daddy.” Katy grumbled. “Now. How rich is Seo-Joon?” 

 

Disgusting, she is not my dad. What the hell. I already have two I don’t need another one! “I don’t know. The news calls him a billionaire. My mom calls him a er. I call him dad. He just is you know?”

 

 I snorted, “your mom calls your dad a er?”

 

“Amongst other things, one time she smashed his car with a sledge hammer she brought that morning and was like ‘die! Dumb head!” Katy nodded impressed. 

 

“Nice use of alliteration.” I looked up again to find my mom. You know what. Maybe I’m a punk for this. But I’m going to cave first. 

 

“One second guys. I’m gonna go talk to my mom.”

 

“Good luck”.

 

“Atta girl.”

 

I started weaving my way through when I got sidetracked again by Eric walking up to me and smiling bright. You’re lucky you’re cute dude or I’d truck you over to get to my mom. “Hey Eric.”

 

“Hey Joy! How are you?”

 

“I’m good, really good how are you bud?” Eric smiled even brighter, why is he smiling so bright. 

 

“Hey baby.” I looked down at Katy. “Back so soon?” Katy jokes. 

 

“I never even made it over.”

 

Katy shrugs, “well it looks like Seulgi has it covered anyway.” I look up to find Seulgi talking and laughing with my mom. 

 

“Did she give my mom chocolate covered strawberries?” 

 

“Looks like it.”

 

“Oh that ninja .”

 

“Hey Joy!” I jump and find Tiffany and Taeyeon walking to me. 

 

“Hey guys!”

 

“Hey girl!” Tiffany yells, stumbling on her feet and pulling me into a super tight hug. 

 

“Girl are you drunk already?” I laughed. 

 

“You know it! Right Tae Tae?” Taeyeon giggles, red faced. Katy barks out a laugh and holds a hand up. 

 

“Keepin it classy ladies. High five! Katy Kim approves!”

 

Is she about to dance with my mother? I swallow harshly as Seulgi pulls my mom to the dance floor. What kind of is this? She’s my mom. Mami?

 

I miss you.  

 

————/////————/////————/////—————/////———/////

 

“Want some?” I glared at the chocolate. 

 

“No. I want my mommy.”

 

“Joy. This is a happy day, you can’t mope in the corner.” Jessica laughs and pinches my cheeks. 

 

“I’m going to mope till my mom gets me.”

 

“You’ve gotta put your big boy pants on Joy.”

 

I looked up to Yuri’s protective brown eyes. “You think so? Should I make the first move?”

 

“Yes. Absolutely”, Yuri says in that Irish accent that makes me feel like she’s always right. 

 

“You know what. You’re right. I’m gonna do it!”

 

“Yeh! Good woman. Go get it.” I took two steps before I felt every muscle in my body lock up as Junito came rushing by and lifted a familiar tall woman into his arms and swung her around. 

 

“Oh my god” I breathed. 

 

I took slow steps forward, looking around for Katy. Junito turned to me, finally putting the woman down. “Mari look who it is!”

 

I grinned bright, please don’t see how scared I am. “Saeron! Hey!” I greeted her. I stepped forward, hugging the taller woman. 

 

I forgot how tall she is.  “Hey Joy. How are you?”

 

“I am awesome. How are you?”

 

Saeron shrugs and her eyes flit around. Oh god, is she trying to find Katy? Oh no. “Eh you know. Same different day. Finding bad guys and stopping’ em. How’s Savin the world one person at a time going?” I shrugged, just as my mom, dad and Seulgi walked up. 

 

I’ll kick you in the Seulgi I swear to god, you better let my moms hand go. Jesus why isn’t my father being assertive! This lesbian is holding your wife’s hand!  

 

Oh my god Katy is here! Can this get any worse? Baby, love of my life help me! Wendy looked over to Katy as Katy did a reenactment of every drama and basically whispered Saeron’s name. I stared at Wendy like maybe she would sense my angst and save the day. Maybe we can kick Katy in the face and she would pass out and forget every seeing Saeron. 

 

“Katy. Hey.”

 

Oh god! They’re speaking!! How is the world not splitting at the seams! 

 

“Katy ain’t this awesome! I got her right before she leaves again.” Oh Junito you stupid man. WHAT ARE YOU DOING! 

 

“Leaves again? You’ve been here?” Oh no she’s asking questions. I stared even harder at my baby, and still! She noticed nothing. Oh love we need to work on our couple telepathy. 

 

“Yeah furlough. I would have told you but, Junito said you’d been real busy I didn’t wanna-“

 

Now wait a flying ing second! They kept in touch! Plot twist. “Wait! You’ve kept in touch!”

 

“Girl! It’s been too long, bring it in.” Oh good god, they are hugging. Holy grail of plot twists! “And yes why wouldn’t we?”

 

Because she’s your greatest love? 

 

Because she broke you to your little itty bits and you thought the sun would never shine again?

 

Because you were together for five years and that’s gotta be an impactful relationship?

 

Because you can’t possibly be this goddamn cold. What the !

 

“Yeah prima!” Junito please, shut up. “Why wouldn’t they?” Walk into a wall. “They broke up like four years ago”, why are you saying it out loud? Jesus you are horrible at this. I need a drink. 

 

Deciding that sticking around was not good for my heart or overall health I walked away to the bar. At the bar I ordered a martini for the blood. You know who likes martini’s? My mom. I should bring her one. I turn around and start trying to find my mom. I found Seulgi first standing in the corner of the cafe looking like she was superbly interested in the wall. 

 

Mami! 

 

My mom was once again all by herself. With a deep breath I began my walk to my mom. My favorite person. My mommy pumpkin Squashmis. My mom jumped when I sat down “perdón (Sorry). Bendicion Mami”. 

 

“Que Dios te bendiga Bebe” (May god bless you baby). 

 

“Comó esta Mami?” (How are you mom?)

 

“Ah, ya tu sabes. Mas o—“

 

“Hey guys! How y’all doing!”  Oh Wendy my love I love you. I adore you. I worship the ground you float on. But no! Worst possible timing. 

 

—————/////————/////—————/////—————/////———/////

 

I stepped up to the mic Junito had set up in the front of the cafe and held up my beer to shut everyone up. I let my eyes glance over everyone. My dad has his arm around Wendy and mom. Katy was bear hugging Eric to her and Seulgi was hugging Irene and watching me. My cousin was nearly hopping in place next to Saeron, her height dwarfing my big cousin. Summer was smiling bright with a stumbling sunny next to her. Even my grandmother seemed a little tipsy in her scooter. 

 

I took a deep breath. This is my family. This right here. In this moment we are together and come what may we shall stay together. 

 

“Hey everyone. I don’t do this often but, I’m gonna get a little personal. When I was a little girl I didn’t look like anyone around me. It bothered me so much my god and one night I cried to my parents. Why. Why did I look like this? Why did I feel like this? That night I found out I was adopted. And unlike many other kids like me, I didn’t feel abandoned. I didn’t feel unloved. I didn’t feel unwanted. 

 

I didn’t because as my father explained the truth to me, he held me. He kissed me and told me it didn’t matter what the world looked like compared to me. It didn’t matter how they sounded or how they thought because to him I was his blood. To my mom she carried me full term. To my parents I was theirs, to them I didn’t come with a receipt. To them I came as a miracle from god. 

 

I had my doubts, as anyone does. On my low days I felt bad, but I was gifted with this super badass grandmother. Who told me eff it, and everyone. As long as I’m on this planet I am loved and all I need to do is fight and they had it the rest of the way and in my nearly thirty years of life my family have held true to this promise. 

 

Then came Junito, holy . If there is someone I know will always go to bat for me it’s my big cousin. Who else rushes into a burning building for their cousin? Who takes on the world for their cousin! My cousin, that’s who. I love you Junito, I love you mom and dad and abuela. Without you, I’d be nothing. And I know I make mistakes it’s life, but you taught me that it doesn’t matter. It’s about how to make up for it, how you come back because life will knock you down and keep you down if you let it. But if you fight, we’ll help you. 

 

God bless my family”, I blinked rapidly not to cry and took a long sip from my drink. 

 

“And now”, I turned to Wendy. “Hi my love.”

 

“Hey”, Wendy mouthed.  

 

“Now that’s I’ve covered the first half of my family. I want to move on to the second. Katy goddamn Kim. What in the world is wrong with you!”

 

“What! What did I do now!”

 

“Nothing. Nothing at all you beautiful psycho. Katy has managed to make me me. She has pushed me to be braver. Tougher. Stronger. More outspoken. More willing to just get into ridiculous shenanigans. Katy Kim is my best ing friend. Sorry for the language but there is no other way to describe this beautiful psycho except for like that. I may not always show it buddy, but right here where I stand. When I tell you that I love you, know that I mean it with every fiber of my being. 

 

As some of you may know Wendy and I are planning on having a child. Actually we go to the doctors in just two days. And I vow to tell my future child how great everyone is here, but especially how their crazy aunt has shaped not only my life but everyone here’s life. God I wish I had the words to explain how you’ve filled my life with happiness and love. 

 

Don’t get me wrong there have been times where I wanted to just strangle you, but there has never been a time where I didn’t know you had my back. There has never been a time where I haven’t thought about you. There’s never been a time where I ever thought I didn’t want you right where you’ve always been. Bedside me.”

 

“Or on top!” Irene yelled. 

 

I chuckled and nodded, “or that. Now moving on from you. Seulgi Kang. Jesus where do I begin with you? You’re dorky you know? You’ve been through some Seul, not everyone can see that when they look at you and that’s your charm. You’ve been beaten down and you still get up, brush yourself off and go back for another round and I know your kid is going to be the strongest goddamn kid to ever exist. You’re so strong man and I only hope to be a fraction of you. 

 

When I’m with you I feel safe and when Wendy’s with you I know she had a true warrior on her side. And you have a six pack to rival a god but! I cannot forget the true six pack god. And that is my friend and the mode, Yuri goddamn O’Malley! My Irish goddess. When I first ever met Wendy, the love of my life here. I actually called Katy right up, and we drove right over to Jessica and Yuri. It was Yuri who sat me down and was like. Buddy. You are a boss. Go out There and show her! She even taught me how to dress properly. Thank you Yul.”

 

“You’re welcome! But hurry this up! I’m tin me jocks over here!”

 

I shook my head, that’s disgusting. 

 

“Anyway. Irene. What’s up. Did you know we’re cousins?”

 

“I did.”

 

“Isn’t that crazy? Not everyone here knows but I never wanted to meet my birth family. I just didn’t care to, but somehow I managed to find my cousin and sister without even trying. I don’t know what perfection looks like but if I had to guess, it looks like Irene. You make Wendy feel like she’s on top of the world. You know that right? Wendy once told me that when she’s in doubt she wonders what you’ll do and it always steers her in the right direction and I thank you for always making my girlfriend feel accepted. 

 

Summer, we haven’t known each other for the longest time in the world but damn do I love you already. I don’t have the words for it I really don’t. Because you can’t describe love you just feel it and you make me feel it. I want to protect you but somehow watch you be independent all on your own. I want to advise you on all of life’s problems but watch you be the boss you are and navigate it all on your own. I Promise you that for as long as I may live. I’ll be here for you. You’ll never be without me again.

 

Now to the most important woman to me here. Wendy Shon. My little Canadian bean. I hope I say it enough, how in love I am with you. I hope you can see it in my face and in my eyes everytime I look at you because I feel it every time I see you. I keep telling myself not to cry but you just make me so happy I literally don’t know how to hold myself together. I love you so much and I will spend the rest of my life showing you and making you feel like the happiest person on this planet. Come what may Wendy, I will always be here and our future baby will never wonder if they are loved because you and I will be enough and if ever it’s not. Look around you baby, look at all these people. Look at our family. Together, everything will be perfect.

————/////-———-/////————/////————/////———/////———

 

I shook Wendy, “babe wake up! Today’s the day!”

 

Wendy eyes opened slowly and she blinked those beautiful browns at me all confused and cute. “What time is it?” She asked groggily. 

 

“Don’t worry about it. It’s time.” Wendy’s craned her head to the side of me. “Joy! It’s three in the morning. Our appointment isn’t until 8!” Ugh!

 

I threw my body back into the pillows. I just wanna start making this baby already!

 

—————/////————/////—————/////————/////——/////———

 

So I decided I didn’t want this to be a 200 chapter book and since we’re just now getting into the kids coming around I decided it would be better to break it up into twos. This book will end right after the wedding. And the second book will focus on the kids. 

 

It just felt like it would be way too much, like I was telling two stories in one book so! We’re nearly to end of this one and then we can all get excited for the sequel where we’ll finally meet the kids and get a more in-depth look at the pregnancies. Thank you! And have an awesome day.