The Cage PT2

Culture shock

The living room with all their friends and family was warm, laughter and love floating in the air and Roseanne Garcia was ready to hear the rest of what is quickly turning into the greatest story of all time. “Titi Seulgi, can you please finish your story?” Seulgi sighed, looking from her secret favorite niece to her wife, this wasn't a safe choice. But who can say no to those eyes? 

 

“Of course Rosie, but where’s your sister?” hearing this question, Wendy looked away from Joy who was running through a series of pick up lines and turned to her youngest. 

 

“Where’s your sister?” Rosie shrugged, had Jennie told her? The brunette tapped her chin in thought, “No sé, mami”. (I don't know mom).

 

“She probably went to the bathroom amor ( love)”, Joy reasoned, pulling Wendy back into her and kissing her forehead. 

 

Seulgi smiled, secretly finding the fact that both Jennie and Rosie could speak spanish to be the coolest thing she had ever seen, like a little ninja move or something. All Jisoo knows how to do with surprising skill is fly over dining room tables and Dahyun is spectacular at being a creepy kid. Speaking of which, where is Dahyun? At the thought, Jennie came speed walking in and sitting next to her sister.

 

“Where were you?” Rosie asked, noticing her sister’s red cheeks. 

 

“I already told you where I was Rosie.”

 

“You did?” Jennie rolled her eyes, of course she would forget. 

 

“Forget it.”

 

“But wait, I wanna know.”

 

“Too bad, you forgot.”

 

“C’mon tell me again?” Jennie shook her head, pulling her phone out of her jacket pocket. “Please?” Jennie shook her head again. “Pretty please?” Jennie stared bored at her little sister, “Pleeease?” 

 

“No.”

 

“UGH!” Rosie groaned, Jisoo looked up from her phone and noticed Rosie throwing herself at her older sister. She smiled at the cutie, “What are you guys doing?” Jisoo questioned, Jennie was grinning shoving Rosie’s face away as she whined.

 

“Does Dahyun ever listen to something you say, and it's like it goes in one ear and out the other?”

 

“All the time, this morning I told her there was no milk for her cereal and an hour later she came screaming into my bedroom that there was no more milk, even after I told her there was no milk.” Jennie nodded knowingly at her best friend, she put a pillow up cradling Rosie’s head as she continued to whine. 

 

Jisoo grinned, how could someone be so cute? “Rosie, what are you doing?” A stupid voice asked, Jisoo sneered at how quick Rosie stopped what she was doing to turn to Chaeyoung who was sitting on the arm rest of the sofa now. Jisoo couldn't hear what Rosie said to the demon, they were leaning towards each other and laughing and smiling. Why are they laughing? What could that horrible excuse for a rapper be saying to make her Rosie laugh?

 

“Get off the arm rest Chaeyoung, my mom doesn't like it when people do that”. Jisoo warned. Chaeyoung paid no mind, but she did move off and right onto Rosie’s lap. Oh hell no! Jisoo jumped up, just as Dahyun rounded the corner and shoved Jisoo right back into the couch so she could sit next to her mama Seulgi. Instinctually, Seulgi wrapped an arm around her youngest and kissed her forehead. 

 

“Alright, let's finish this story.” Seulgi said, patting Dahyun’s head. Katy’s head shot up from her place on Irene’s shoulder. “Wait, no. I think that story is done, like it really ends right there.”

 

Irene turned to the younger woman with narrowed eyes, “You shush, and put your head down.” Katy gulped and nodded, “Yes ma’am”. 

 

“Mama, why are they like that?” Rosie asked, tugging at her mother’s arm. Joy looked at her best friend and Irene.

 

“When we were younger Katy was in love with both of them, and then they all did weird stuff together. So now, they fight each other and then cuddle like weirdo’s.”

 

“So, is Titi actually special needs?”

 

Joy tapped her chin, “I mean, probably.” 

 

“Just finish the freaking story Seul”.

 

“Fine, fine. Okay, so after Katy came to help.”

 

“You mean kiss you”. 

 

“Honey please”, Seulgi pleaded, rubbing Irene’s foot. Katy sat up again, turning off the stool to sit somewhere else when Irene reached up and grabbed her head, placing it back on her shoulder. 

 

“You stay”, Irene mumbled, patting Katy’s head. 

 

“Anyway, so. After Katy came…………………………………………….



 

Joy rolled her eye’s at Katy who was smirking at her, “That’s wrong. You know Seul is gullible.” 


 

Katy shrugged, “I don’t know what your talking about. You take us to the hospital, I’ve got her in the back.”

 

“You’re crazy if you think I’m letting you stay in the back with Seul, Wendy would kill me if she found out I let this slide.” 

 

“What your girlfriend doesn’t know, won’t hurt her.” Joy stared incredulously at the smug look on Katy’s face. 

 

“And this is why you’re always alone, because you say like that.”

 

“I'm not alone.”

 

“You haven’t had a boyfriend or girlfriend since highschool.”

 

Katy shrugged, “So I haven’t been in a relationship. But you have a lot of cousins, I've been busy.” Joy gasped.

 

“You’re ing my cousins!” Katy smirked and began walking backwards to the rig. “Answer me!” The blonde just shrugged. “I have like a hundred cousins Katy.”

 

“I know, a lot of rice and beans to go through.”

 

“That is so racist! You just called my cousins rice and beans!” in the ambulance, Seulgi was pacing. What was she going to do? What if I turn? Oh god, what if I hurt Irene? What if she tells me to eat my vegetables again and I bite her head off? Seulgi looked around, it was like the walls of the ambulance were closing in on her. I need to get out of here.

 

“Seul?” Said woman’s head shot to her friend, who was now entering the ambulance.

 

“Katy help me, what if I turn?” The blonde smiled, “Don’t worry Seulgi, I’m here to help you………………………………………………………………….

 

“And then Katy gave me a rabies shot and I was all set!” Seulgi chriped, patting Irene’s knee and smiling at all the looks of disbelief in the room. 

 

“Hol’up, hol’up, hol’ the hell up! This story sounds mad bogus!” Chaeyoung said, pointing to her aunt and mom. “Ya’ll are some liars.” Rosie nodded, leaning on Chaeyoung.

 

Irene glared at Seulgi, who was looking anywhere but at her. “Seulgi, why won’t you just tell the truth? We all know that you slept in a dog cage, so obviously the story doesn't end here.”

 

“Just bite the bullet seul”. Joy called.

 

“No, I will not bite the bullet. Are you crazy?” Seulgi screeched.

 

“I’m just gonna head to the bathroom”, Katy mumbled, once again trying to get away.

 

“Nope!” Irene yelled, nearly diving over the side of the couch to grab Katy’s arm. “You sit right here,'' Irene said, pulling Katy into her lap. “And you,'' Irene said, pointing at Seulgi. “C’mere”, Seulgi looked to Katy who was staring wide eyed at her. “Seulgi”, Irene called, voice deadly.

 

“Yes baby”, Seulgi sat next to Irene gulping. 

 

“Joy, why don’t you finish the story?” 

 

Joy looked around the room, girl-code dictates she keep shut. But Wendy was squeezing her hands real tight, and she had a feeling the truth was the only way out of this catastrophe. “Um, okay. Well um ………………………………………………………………………………….

 

Joy set her bag in the front seat of the ambulance, she felt around her pants pockets. “Why are there so many damn pockets in these damn pants? Jesus! Where are the keys?” Giving up and figuring Katy had the keys Joy walked to the back of the rig, she opened the door and nearly passed out from shock alone. 

 

On the gurney was a Seulgi, Katy on top of her rubbing what looked like ultrasound lubrication all over her. “Katy what the !” Seulgi’s head snapped up from its place under Katy.

 

“She’s cooling my temperature Joy! We gotta move! …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“You were !” Irene screeched, Seulgi flinched. 

 

“I thought I was turning!” 

 

“And you!” Irene yelled, gripping Katy’s neck in a chokehold. 

 

“W-wa-wait!” Katy choked out, face going blue. “J-Joy!” She croaked. Seeing her friend dying, Joy got up to help. 

 

“If they have always been this way, I think you can tell them you’re dating a pothead”, Rosie whispered into her sister’s ear. 

 

Jennie chuckled, “notice how this story is revolved around them?” The sixteen year old said, pointing to her aunts, “and not mom?” Rosie’s brow lifted in confusion. “It means we don't have blackmail for when we do stuff. Jisoo gets to spazz out on people, because her mother did it, and still does. We don’t have an excuse, neither of our mom’s are like that.”

 

“Yeah, but mom one time saved someone from a burning building with Tio (uncle).”

 

Jennie scoffed, “yeah, so our only excuse to do things is helpful stuff. Like we can save someone from a burning car, while someone shoots at us. But we have no excuse for dating a pot-head.” Rosie nodded her head in understanding.

 

“Hmm, don’t tell them then. What’s Lisa’s excuse though? Her dad was a cop.” Jennie shrugged. 

 

“She’s hot, what other excuse does she need?” 

 

“Alright, enough!” Joy yelled, her foot planted in Irene’s chest while she pulled Katy away. “Enough! Irene, why are you so mad? You made out with Katy on the kitchen counter that one new years.”

 

“You did what!” Seulgi yelled.

 

“Oh hush you, you watched while you were drunk.” Seulgi pouted sitting back down.

 

“Yo mom! You were a thot!” Chaeyoung yelled, face red.

 

Katy gasped as everyone grew silent, “I was not a thot, you are not going to shame me for something that is perfectly normal.”

 

“How is it normal to sleep with all of aunt Joy’s cousins and both of my aunts. You slept with my principal mom!”.

 

“With your grades, I had to!” everyone’s eyes widened at the mother daughter duo. 

 

“Are you saying i’m stupid?”

 

“Well, my mom says aunt Katy is special needs, so it stands to reason that you are also special needs”, Dahyun piped up. Seulgi slapped her forehead. This is a mess.

 

“Why don’t we just let Joy finish the story?” Wendy asked.

 

“Gracias mi amor. (thank you my love) everyone calm down.” with everyone settled, Joy sat down finally yanking Katy from Irene’s grip. “After finding Seulgi , I got into the ambulance and……………………………………………..

 

“Katy, get off of her. What is wrong with you. If Irene finds out you’re ed.” Katy just rolled her eyes finally hopping off of Seulgi, she kept her hands on her though. “Katy, move your hands.”

 

“I’m checking for her heartbeat.”

 

“Through her ?” Katy cleared , looking at her hands.

 

“It’s a very strong heartbeat.”

 

“Move your damn hand Katy.” 

 

“Ugh fine!” Katy yelled, throwing herself against the bench of the ambulance like a child. “I hate you.”

 

“Seul, how do you feel?” Joy asked, fighting to ignore Seulgi’s rising and falling abs. 

 

“Like, I’m going to turn into a hairy dog.” Joy rolled her eyes, pushing Seulgi’s head down to lay back on the gurney.

 

“You’re going to be fine.”, Joy turned to Katy, “Wipe her down, she’s getting lube all over the gurney. Captain is gonna be pissed. And no funny business por favor!” (please)

 

Joy left the ambulance after retrieving the keys. Katy stared at Seulgi who was once again panicking. “Katy, what if Irene want’s to have and I suddenly have a ?”

 

Joy said no funny business. “Like, I don't know how to use a . Just the ones I can take off”. Joy said no funny business. “Katy, are you listening to me? I think i’m overheating. I think we need more of that stuff.” JOY said no funny business! “Katy, you know how when you’re freezing, they say lay with somebody? Is it the same if you’re overheating? Do we need to do that?” NO FUNNY BUSINESS! “Gosh, I really hope we get there. I can’t believe I didn't take that werewolf vaccine. Is it covered by my insurance?”

 

“Seulgi”, Katy called, practically shaking. 

 

“Yeah?’ 

 

“You know what will help?”

 

“What?”

 

“Mouth to mouth”.

 

Seulgi stared confused, “Mouth to mouth?”

 

“Mhm, close your eyes. I’m going to give you clean oxygen to make up for all that dirty oxygen………………………………………………………………………


 

“Um, Joy I think you can stop there.” Katy squeaked.

 

“Yeah, Joy. I um. I’m feeling really tired. I think everyone should get ready for bed.” Seulgi said, standing up and ignoring her seething wife.

 

“Oh yes, I agree completely.” before Joy could argue, Seulgi had yanked both her kids upstairs to their bedrooms and Katy was pushing Chaeyoung upstairs to the guest room they would be sharing. 

 

“But mom, it’s only ten!” Chaeyoung yelled, nearly tripping up the steps. Joy looked to her wife, a grin on her face. 

 

“Wanna go to bed? Or go home and sleep?” Wendy shrugged, as Irene sprinted up the steps with a pair of boots.

 

“You guys wanna go for a drive?” Joy asked, looking at Jennie and Rosie.

 

“This late?” Wendy asked.

 

Joy shrugged, “why not? They’ll be with us. It’s safe, I'm just not tired and Rosie looks like she wants to hear the rest of the story.” Said girl just nodded.

 

“Alright, fine. But if you can’t see we need to come back.” Joy just nodded, grabbing her and Wendy’s coat.

 

When the family was strapped in, Wendy took over for the story. “So, that night. When Seulgi got home.”

 

“Why wasn't mom with her?” Jennie asked.

 

“We weren’t living together yet.”

 

“Why?” She asked again.

 

“Because we didn't move in together until after we were in engaged.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because your uncle Junito found us a place.”

 

“But, w-”

 

“Jennie shut up!” Rosie yelled, eyes wide and cheeks flushed. “Just let mom finish oh my god.”

 

“Sorry jeez, i’m just trying to get the background of the story!” Jennie yelled back.

 

“Basta ya! (enough) Deja de gritando y calmate!” (stop screaming and calm down).

 

“Sorry” the two sisters said. Heads bowed.

 

“Anyway, as I was saying., when your aunt got home she showed up with two boxes of Pedigree dog food. Premium. And a huge dog crate, like it looked like it could fit three big dogs. And she was really struggling to get this thing through the front door and your aunt Irene………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

“Baby, what are you doing?” Seulgi looked up into Irene’s worried eyes.

 

“I’m protecting you love-bug.” Seulgi said, pulling the large dog cage inside the apartment. 

 

“What are you protecting me from?” Seulgi sighed, she knew this would be hard for Irene to wrap her mind around, but, what if she took the vaccine too late? What if she turns anyway? Nope, can’t risk it. Seulgi cupped Irene’s cheeks, they were so cold. , my body is overheating again. 

 

“Listen babe, sleep with Wendy tonight. I don't know what I might do tonight.” It was here that Wendy walked in, toothbrush in her hand. 

 

“What in the world is going on?”

 

Irene shrugged, “I don't know. Seulgi is talking in One Tree Hill quotes!”

 

“What do you mean? Seulgi what is going on?”

 

“Look guys, I got bit okay? I got bit damnit! And, I might turn I don’t know. All I know”, Seulgi pulled Irene into what might’ve been the most dramatic kiss Wendy had ever seen and then rested her forehead against Irene’s. “All I know is I love you Irene. And I can’t let anything happen to you.” Wendy turned around, trying to find a camera. Am I being punk’d? Is Ashton Kutcher about to come out? 

 

“Who’s going to hurt me though?” Irene whispered.

 

“I might Irene, I might hurt you! What if I turn?”

 

“Turn into what Seul?”

 

“A Werewolf Irene!”

 

“A werewolf?” Seulgi nodded, like it was the most normal thing in the world. She walked back to her cage, and with a strong pull she got it through the door. She huffed as she pushed it into her bedroom. Irene turned to Wendy. “Did she say Werewolf Wendy?” 

 

“I um. Maybe we’re being Punk’d Irene.”

 

“Were not important enough for Ashton Kutcher to be punking us.”

 

“Scare Tactics?” 

 

“This isn’t scary Wendy! This is stupid! She thinks she a ing Werewolf!” Wendy held her hands up in defense. 

 

“Hey, I'm just trying to figure this out like you.” Irene rolled her eyes and walked into her bedroom to find her girlfriend in her dog cage with a water bowl, two pillows and their comforter. 

 

“Seulgi, is that my special egyptian comforter you have in there?” 

 

“I need it babe, I promise I won't pee on it.”

 

“Pee on it? Why the hell would you pee on it! Seulgi get out of the dog cage!”

 

“No!”

 

“Yes!”

 

“No!”

 

“Yes!”

 

“It’s dangerous Irene! I could eat your face off!”

 

“Seulgi, you are not a werewolf.”

 

“I got bit Irene. I didn’t take my werewolf vaccine, I’m an idiot babe. Did you get your werewolf vaccine?”

 

Irene took a deep breath trying to calm down, “Wendy! C’mere!” Wendy waited a couple seconds so it wasn't obvious she was outside the entire time laughing. “Seulgi, did you get a vaccine today?” Seulgi nodded. “Why?”

 

“A werewolf bit me”. Wendy bit her lip at Irene’s eye twitch.

 

“What was the name of the vaccine?”

 

“They called it Imovax”, Irene turned to Wendy. “Call your girlfriend.” Wendy nodded, snickering as she grabbed the house phone on Irene’s bedside table. 

 

“Hello?” Irene yanked the phone from Wendy’s hands.

 

“Joy”, instantly Joy sat up in her sofa, her back going rigid.

 

“Yes Madam.”

 

Wendy shot Seulgi a questioning look, madam? She mouthed, Seulgi just shrugged, taping a watering pole to the side of the cage before putting powdered Kool-Aid inside. “What is Imovax?”

 

“It’s the brand name to the rabies shot. Like motrin is the brand name to ibuprofen.”

 

“And why would my girlfriend need a rabies vaccine?”

 

“Because its standard procedure after a human or animal bite. She was bitten by a dude in a church.” Irene took a deep breath before glaring at Seulgi, who was getting comfortable in her dog cage. 

 

“Well, my girlfriend is in a dog cage because she thinks she’s going to turn into a wolf.”

 

“Oh yeah, Katy told her that.” Irene rolled her eyes at the name.

 

“Of course she did. Thank you Joy. goodbye.” Irene hung up before Joy could ask to speak to Wendy. “Seulgi, get out of the dog cage. You’re not going to kill me. Or turn into a wolf.”

 

“You don’t know that Irene, contrary to popular belief, baby, you do not know everything.” Irene gasped and Wendy choked on pure shock. 

 

“You know what Irene, she might be turning. Because that, was ballsy.”

 

Irene stomped her feet on the ground, “Get out of the cage Seulgi!”

 

“No!” Seulgi yelled, and then slammed the dog cage door close and then with a hanger she locked it shut. 

 

“Seulgi! I can still see you, slamming the door on me does nothing. The cage has holes in it, I can see you!”

 

“No you can’t” Seulgi argued and then promptly turn on her side and went to bed.

 

“Seulgi!” Irene yelled, all futile. Seulgi slept in that dog cage for one more night after that.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

“So, titi Seulgi really slept in a dog cage?” Rosie asked, Wendy nodded smiling.

 

“Yep!”

 

“But wait, what’s Punk’d?” Jennie asked.

 

“It’s a TV show me and your mom used to watch.”

 

“What was it.”

 

“It was a prank show hosted by Ashton Kutcher.”

 

“Who’s Ashton Kutcher?”

 

“An actor baby.” 

 

“What was he in?” Jennie asked again.

 

“Um, he was in that seventy show.”

 

“What’s that?” 

 

“A show Jennie! Mom just said that!”

 

“I’m just trying to understand Rosie, my goodness. Girl, you are being very spicy today.”

 

 Rosie rolled her eyes, “Mom, what’s scare tactics?”

 

“It’s another reality show. With Tracy Morgan.”

 

“Who’s that?”

 

Wendy sighed and leaned back in her seat, “Oh god, we’re old.”