The Cage pt. 1 (special)

Culture shock

Sometime in the future, when the greatest group of friends feel like they finally have figured out all the loops and hoops of life they will all look at their teenage children and think back to all the crazy days in their lives. 

 

“Chaeyoung, if you don’t stop rapping about my mom’s I swear to god I will stab you.” Jisoo said through gritted teeth, her usual happy demeanor taking a dark turn. Chaeyoung, being much like her mother only heard a challenge and opened to let out another stanza of explicit lyrics about her friend’s mom’s s. 

 

“How long before Jisoo flies over the dining room table?” Wendy asked Irene, who was standing watching her daughter’s eye twitch. 

 

“Probably the same amount of time it took for me to fly over that picnic table all those years ago.” Wendy snorted at the memory.

 

“Oh my god, I remember that I thought you were going to get arrested!” Before Irene could joke some more, Jisoo had vaulted herself over the dining room table and right into the face of one Chaeyoung Kim.

 

“Mom!” Chaeyoung yelled on her way down. Katy, who was sitting with Joy and Seulgi reminiscing heard the call of her child and ran over to find what truly could have been a young Irene choking her daughter.

 

“Jisoo oh my god!” Irene yelled, as Seulgi pulled her daughter off of Chaeyoung. 

 

“Hey, what the hell is wrong with you huh?” Seulgi asked, shaking her daughter who was still trying to get over her and to Chaeyoung. 

 

“She was rapping about mom’s s! She said they were like watermelons! Mom’s s aren't even that big! I hate her!” Seulgi stared at her seething child, her mind recalling a time her wife had attacked Katy. 

 

“Jisoo, if you know the truth, somebody talking trash shouldn’t upset you. If you know your mom doesn't have watermelon s somebody saying she does shouldn't make you upset. If someone said I was green I wouldn't get mad because I know I’m not green.” Jisoo huffed, about to protest when Rosie and her big sister came walking into the room. 

 

“What happened here?” Jennie asked, looking at Chaeyoung who was being helped up by her aunt. 

 

“Jisoo parkoured into Chaeyoung’s windpipe”, Joy joked, wrapping her arms around both her children. “Why don't we all sit down huh? Let me tell you guys some stories.” All the kids groaned, great, old people talking about old times they all thought. All of them, but Rosie, who’s eyes sparkled with excitement. “Yes!” She exclaimed, pulling her mother along to the couch in the center of Seulgi and Irene’s home. Jisoo gushed at the excitement on Rosie’s face, but any happiness she felt flew right out the window when that stupid Chaeyoung walzted up to Rosie and threw her arm around her. Oh, I’ll kill her. Yes, yes I will. I’m going to gut her. 

 

“A couple years ago, something like this happened with us actually. Chaeyoung, your mom was upsetting Irene, and just like Jisoo, Irene went flying over the picnic table at the park we were at and knocked Katy right off the bench and onto the floor.” Jisoo looked up to her mom, in awe that her usually reserved and calm mother was at one point angry enough to attack her friends.

 

“She was really asking for it though guys, she kept squirting me with her water gun.” Irene defended, hoping to make her daughter’s understand.

 

“But mom, didn’t you say that aunt Katy is special needs, that's why we have to patient?” little Dahyun asked, looking up from her Nintendo Switch. Katy gasped.

 

“You told your kids I was retarded!”

 

Wendy groaned at the yelling, knowing this was going to happen. “You did a lot of stupid !”

 

“Did not!” Katy yelled.

 

“You broke into a Kpop singer’s house!”

 

“You drove a banana car into a hotdog stand!”

 

“You drove a Scooter with a dudes face all over it!”

 

“Your wife thought she was a werewolf and slept in a cage for two days!” Jennie looked up at her mother with a quirked brow.

 

“Did you do stupid stuff to mama?” Joy shook her head, kissing her daughter’s forehead.

 

“Only heroic stuff.”

 

“Wait, titi (aunt) Seulgi, you slept in a dog cage?” Irene groaned at the memory of her wife sleeping on a dog bed in a dog cage.

 

“Yep!” Katy yelled, pulling Seulgi’s head to shoulder in what looked like a chokehold. “Tell em Seul.”

 

“I c-a-an’t. Yyyyou’re ch-choking me”.

 

“Oop, my bad.” Seulgi rubbed at her neck, glaring at Katy.

 

“Anyway, yes Rosie. A Very long time ago I called to a nunnery and~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 

“Alright ladies and gents, we’re going in with non-lethal. Understood?” Seulgi nodded, only slightly aware that anybody noticed in the darkness. She slapped the bottom of her ammo cartridge a superstition she had, that if she didn't slap it on last time then it wasn't truly in the gun and might jam on her in the worst possible situation. 

 

Seulgi looked over to Mateo, he was kissing the cross draped around his neck. “Kang and Gomez, I want you running point on this. Wright, you’re on breach. Santiago you’re on rear with me. Everyone understand?” Seulgi always wondered if her captain noticed their silence, or if he just trusted them so much that he knew they would listen. Either way, she had a job to do. 

 

The rear doors of Berda opened on the captain’s command, Seulgi and Mateo were the first out the door, Wright falling in behind them, Santiago and the captain following up the rear. They stood on either side of the Chapel door, counting down from three. 

 

“2...1 Breach!” Wright came forward with the sledge hammer, hitting the door once, twice, the door sprung open and everyone filed in. The first thing Seulgi noticed, was the silence. She kept her head down, looking through her night vision goggles to spy anybody around her, she saw and heard no one. She held a fist up, halting the group. “Something isn’t right,'' she mumbled, they all crouched behind pews. 

 

Seulgi turned to Mateo, “any heat sigs?” Mateo shook his head.

 

“Let’s clear this, and then break off into threes.” Seulgi nodded at her unit mate and leveled her Colt M4 to her eyes, she carried on. Before every turn she felt Mateo patt her shoulder twice, signalling her forward. 

 

If she hadn’t been trained to keep her breathing steady and quiet she might’ve missed the slight rustling from across the room, but Seulgi Kang was trained to breath in tight, quiet breaths so she did hear it. Her body pivoted to the sound, her mates following right after as she began shouting commands at whoever was in the shadows. “NYPD ESU, put your hands up and come out!” she yelled, her gun steady. 

 

“This is the New York Police Department Emergency Service Unit, come out now, or we will open fire!” Seulgi’s captain called from behind her. It seemed to get the job done, as a group of women came rushing out in black robes, their hands up and their faces scared. 

 

“It’s the Nuns!” Wright called, stepping forward to usher the nuns to safety. 

 

“Do not break rank!” The captain yelled, but it was too late. Behind the nuns came groups of men, and unnaturally hairy rushing at the team. “Open fire!” 

 

“Seulgi aimed, firing a sandbag round to the closest of the men. On his way down, Seulgi fired off two more, the man groaned as he hit the floor, clutching his chest. The sounds of shots hitting their marks, rained clear in the chapel. Seulgi turned to her left, to find that a man had broken off from the group and was running head first at Santiago. Doing the calculations in her head, she calculated that with Santiago’s height and the man’s speed, that Santiago would have a random man balls on the back of his head in 7 seconds. She fired off a shot, hitting the man first in the thigh to stun him, Santiago turned to see the man fall to a knee before Seulgi shot off another round at the mans chest and laid him out for Santiago to Zip tie him.

 

“The moon powers us! You will not win!” A voice growled dangerously close to Seulgi’s ear. She whipped around just in time for a hairy man to tackle her to the ground, her gun went skidding away as Seulgi held her arms off to fend off the man. She nearly gagged at the swear that dripped off his hairy body, a reminder of why she was gay. The man growled pushing further into Seulgi, his teeth snapped shut, enclosing over her gloved finger, she cried out retching her hand back. The glove came off, stuck in the mans dirty teeth. 

 

“Those are new gloves!” she cried out, getting her feet up to push her heels into the man's abdomen. He reared into her again, biting her palm as she tried to palm his face away. She gritted out a painful scream, and in annoyance, used her left hand to punch the man in the throat. He choked and gasped, momentarily falling away. Seulgi used this time to jump up and plant her boot firmly into the man’s face, his head snapped back his body following soon after. 

 

Seulgi looked up, her team were all staring at her. “Really? Nobody thought to help me? I had a dude on top of me, and nobody thought to help?”

 

“You looked like you had it Kang”, Mateo joked, she flipped him off and looked around for her glove. Moments later, she heard the sounds of paramedics and backup. 

 

“Seul!” said woman looked up, she smiled when Joy made her way over. 

 

“Hey yah Joy.” Seulgi greeted, looking around for her glove.

 

“Hey lil ninja. You alright?” Seulgi shrugged, still worried about her new gloves. With budget cuts, I won’t get another pair till christmas! She moaned in her head, “Seulgi?” Oh man, where’s that glove? “Seul!” Stupid white men, ugh!” Joy pushed Seulgi’s back, forcing the shorter of the two to turn to Joy. 

 

“Hey, what was that for?”

 

“I’ve been trying to get your attention. Are you okay?” Seulgi nodded, throwing her hands up in frustration.

 

“Stupid man bit my glove and tore it from my hand, now I can’t find it.”

 

“The werewolves?” Joy and Seulgi both turned to the voice behind them. Katy was there, holding a med bag.

 

“Werewolves?” Seulgi questioned.

 

“Mhm, we got called on some suspected Werewolves. Full moon is out, brings out all the monsters you know?” Seulgi was so preoccupied with the word werewolf, she hadn't noticed the smirk on Katy’s face. 

 

“Ignore her Seul, did you get bit?” Seulgi looked up at Joy with shaky eyes and nodded.

 

“You got bit!” Katy yelled, shaking Seulgi by her shoulders. “, Seul. Did you get your werewolf vaccine!” 

 

“W-What? Werewolf vaccine?” Katy pulled Seulgi close, there face inches apart.

 

“It is imperative Seulgi, that you get help. You could turn.” Seulgi gasped, lurching away from Katy.

 

Turn? Oh no, I, I am a bit angry. , what if I attack Irene? Oh god, “Am, I. g-gonna grow a ?” Joy slapped her forehead, how could a grown woman be so gullible?

 

“No--!” Katy slapped a hand over Joy’s mouth, “OW!” Joy yelled as Katy once again held Seulgi, rubbing her hands up and down Seulgi’s Abs. 

 

“Yes, yes you are Seulgi.” Joy rolled her eyes at Seulgi’s gasp, what is this? A Fanfiction? Katy continued rubbing Seulgi’s abs, making it painfully obvious to Joy what her intentions really were. “Seulgi, i’m going to need you to strip. You could be developing a knot right now!”

 

“A knot! What the is that!” Katy pressed her lips to Seulgi’s, shushing her.

 

“Hush, little Seul bear. Katy is here to help.” Joy stared incredulously at the duo in front of her. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Wait, wait a minute. You kissed Seulgi!” Katy looked around, actively avoiding Irene’s glare. “Seulgi! You let her kiss you!” Seulgi looked from Katy to her wife, and then back.

 

“I thought I was dying! I couldn't fight off her advances, she took advantage of me!” Seulgi cried out, pointing at Katy who was in the process of grabbing her daughter and running from the house. 

 

“Titi Irene!” Jennie called, “She’s running!” 

 

Katy glared at Jennie, “Traitor!” She said through gritted teeth before hiding behind her daughter for cover from the angry Bae.

 

“You kissed my wife!”

 

“That was like fifteen years ago Irene! Let it go!”

 

“No, I will not let it go. Stop hiding behind your daughter, she’s shorter than you!”

 

“Hey!” Chaeyoung yelled, “I’m 5’2 and three quarters!”

 

“Only short people count the quarters!” Jisoo teased from her place behind her mother. 

 

“Screw you! I’m a normal height for a woman! And you’re not much taller than me Jichu!”

 

“Hey! Don't call me that!”

 

“JICHU JICHU JICHU!” Chaeyoung yelled, before being tackled by Jisoo for the second time that night, only this time, her mother couldn't save her, she was being tackled by Irene. 

 

“Mom, were they always like this?” Jennie asked, looking up at Wendy who just nodded sadly.

 

“Yep, after Seulgi breaks them up again. We’ll finish the story and tell you guys some more.”

 

“Oh this is so exciting!” Rosie yelled, her chubby cheeks flushing.

 

“Dahyun, aren’t you going to help your mom and sister?” The pre-teen shook her head.

 

“Nah, what if they bite me and I get the stupid gene? Momma will take care of it. She always does.” Jennie looked down as her phone went off, Lisa’s name popping up with red hearts. She looked up to her moms who were both talking in quiet whispers to each other. 

 

“I’ll be right back”, Jennie whispered to her younger sister who just nodded absentmindedly, still immersed in the fight to the death happening on the carpeted floor.

 

Jennie stood up, heading to the front door before silently sliding out and finding her brown haired girlfriend hiding in the bushes. “Lisa?” Startled, Lisa fell forward into the bushes crying out as she was pricked and poked. “Babe, oh my god. Are you okay?” Lisa nearly hopped out the bushes, smiling brightly with leafs in her hair.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I uh, meant to do that.”

 

“You meant to fall into the bushes?” Jennie asked, brow raised.

 

“Um, yeah. Anyway, what’s up?” Jennie shrugged, stepping closer to Lisa.

 

“Nothing much, just the usual friday dinners.”

 

“Sounds rowdy, how big is your family?”

 

“You should know, my two moms. My little sister Rosie. My aunts Irene and Seulgi, and their two daughters, my cousins, Jisoo and her little sister Dahyun.”

 

“No way!” Lisa cut off, “Jisoo is your cousin?”

 

“Not by blood or anything, our parents have been friends since like before Siri, so I just grew up with Jisoo and Dahyun and Chaeyoung, so we call each other cousins.”

 

Lisa nodded, stepping even closer to Jennie before pulling her close by her hips. “So like. What if you guys date, is it weird?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I know Jisoo has a thing for your sister, but if they look at each other as cousins, is it weird?” Jennie shrugged, threading her arms around Lisa’s neck. 

 

“I don’t know, I know Chaeyoung has a thing for my sister too. So it’s once cousin love fest in this family.” Jennie looked down, catching the time on Lisa’s apple watch. “Oh shoot, i’ve been out here for a long time. I have to head back in, they’re telling a story about the time my aunt Seulgi thought she was a werewolf.”

 

“A werewolf?” Jennie rolled her eyes and shook her head.

 

“I don't even know anymore. It’s a weird family.”

 

Lisa smiled, “Nah, it’s cool. I wish my family was like. We just have boring dinners, and even more boring breakfasts. Probably why I’m always high.” 

 

“Did you smoke today?” Lisa smiled, pressing a soft kiss to Jennie’s lips to distract her. 

 

“Why don't you head on in babe.”

 

“You didn't answer my question.”

 

“Don’t worry about it, head on in.” The young couple shared one last kiss before Jennie finally took a step back waving at Lisa and walking back to the front door. She waved one last time, as Lisa got into her car. 

 

“Who was that?” a voice questioned making Jennie jump in fright, she clutched her chest squeezing her eyes shut.

 

“Jesus, Dahyun. You scared the crap out of me.”

 

“Sorry, I saw the alarm said the front door was open. I came to check.” Jennie glared at the pre-teen. 

 

“The alarm didn't say anything, it was disarmed.”

 

Dahyun shrugged, staring creepily into Jennie’s eyes. “Guess I just sensed it then. I sense those things you know?” Jennie just stared at what she considered the weirdest 12 year old she had ever met.

 

“Uh okay, creep.”

 

“Everyone is looking for you, my mom is about to finish the story.” Dahyun said, voice flat.

 

“Thanks”, Jennie took a step forward, expecting the 12 year old to move. When she didn’t, Jennie’s breath caught in at the close proximity to her and Dahyun. Dahyun stared bored at Jennie, “uhhh, excuse me. Sorry.” Jennie said hastily, quickly sidestepping her cousin and running to the living room where it was safe.

 

Dahyun turned, narrow eyes following her cousin. She looked at her Iphone, where her mother had downloaded the spycam app, Dahyun had asked, wanting to keep watch of the house too. Jennie was just sitting down, nobody seemed to notice she was gone. Dahyun’s head tilted to the side, she looked up at the camera aimed at the front door.

 

“Who was outside?” She asked out loud.

 

“Dahyun! Hurry up, mom’s finishing the story!”

 

“Coming!” the 12 year old called, taking one last glance at her phone. She could always review the footage tomorrow.

——------------------------

with the recent events. I wanted to give you guys something to lift your spirits. I know it's not much. But I hope it made you smile. Look forward to part two of the special sometime next week