T. W. O.

Another Dimension

After Taekwoon had left the room, his mind was still a huge chaos. How was he going to do all of this? He had one of the major roles and everyone would look up to him, but Taekwoon had to learn how to deal with that pressure. He had only portrayed a supportive role and no one really looked up to him, but he still couldn't get it why mr. Hong wanted him to play a major role now when he got only supportive roles at first? Maybe mr. Hong thought it was time for Taekwoon to come forward as an actor or so, or he saw something in Taekwoon that he didn't see in anyone else.

''Yah Taekwoon, why that shocked look huh?'' the voice of Jeongguk woke Taekwoon up out of his thoughts. Jeongguk was Taekwoon's best friend and was a few years younger than Taekwoon, but the two sat together for lunch everyday. Taekwoon sighed when he saw his friend approach him, but he didn't look at him until Jeongguk kept pulling at the sleeve of Taekwoon's jacket.

''I-I am selected to portray a major role in the upcoming musical. I've always portrayed a supporting role, so it's quite chaotic in my head. I don't know if people will like me as one of the main characters.'' Taekwoon sounded very insecure towards Jeongguk and Jeongguk knew why. Jeongguk was one of a few friends who saw the insecurities of Taekwoon, because Taekwoon barely showed it. Taekwoon never really showed his emotions, so that's why everyone knew that he was the pokerface of the school.

Jeongguk's eyes started to glow and he placed a hand on Taekwoon's shoulder, before a smile appeared on his face. Jeongguk was more than happy that Taekwoon finally got some more recognision from mr. Hong. Jeongguk was in a different class and even his class was involved in this musical, but Taekwoon's class mainly had the actual stars in it. Jeongguk's classmates were pretty jealous of those who got the main roles, but this musical was a better fit for Taekwoon's class.

''Taekwoon-ah, you'll do great. Mr. Hong is seeing something in you and he finally sees that you are an excellent actor.'' Jeongguk smiled brighter when he looked Taekwoon in the eyes. Taekwoon sighed a little, but his shocked expression disappeared little by little. Maybe Jeongguk was right, maybe he had to believe in himself and to show mr. Hong that he chose the right actor for Der Tod. After all, Taekwoon was a hard worker and would do a lot to please others. Now that Taekwoon was assigned to a major role, it meant that Taekwoon also had to take more dance classes. He knew how exhausting it was to be in a musical, but it would be more exhausting for him.

The two made their way towards the canteen and people were looking at Taekwoon with a glance. Everyone knew that Taekwoon was a hardworking guy, but they never knew what was going on in his mind. The story about the new musical had already spread, but no one really had any further details. But the bomb was about to explode anyways, because there would be one of Taekwoon's classmates who would spread through the canteen who were assigned to the roles. Some students were surprised that Taekwoon only got a supportive role, because they expected that Taekwoon would get the role he deserved.

''Alright, listen up everyone! The roles for the new musical ,Elizabeth, have been announced and there is a switch in the major roles. And yes, our hardworking Taek is assigned to a different role. He will play Der Tod this time.'' Min Hwa said with a loud voice and everyone glared at Taekwoon again after they had heard the story coming from Min Hwa. Taekwoon continued to eat and ignored the looks that he was recieving. Taekwoon hated it that he was getting so much attention, but everyone was rather supportive towards him. 

The entire canteen cheered and Taekwoon looked up with a slight surprised look on his face, he didn't want to show too much of his surprised look. Was he an example of the entire school or something? Taekwoon was only a hardworking student and was working harder than everyone else here, so why did they cheer for him? Taekwoon looked back at Jeongguk, who didn't stop smiling. Jeongguk was more than happy for his friend and Jeongguk was already looking forward to buy tickets. 

''Come on Taekwoon, you're doing to do a great job. You finally get the recognision you deserve and I really hope that some wellknown actors will come. You know about the previous years right?'' Jeongguk mentioned and Taekwoon nodded. In the past years, students who played one of the major roles were noticed by some wellknown actors. The school had connections with some agencies and invited some actors for each musical. Almost every time, one of the students was scouted by an actor and was invited to audition. So Jeongguk secretly hoped that Taekwoon was going to be noticed aswell.

''I know, but don't expect much from it. I mean, it also could be that someone else will get the invitation for an audition. And aside from that, I'm not determined yet whether I wanna become an actor or not. I also love dancing a lot and I also would like to do something with that.'' Taekwoon woke Jeongguk out of his dreams and Jeongguk playfully poked Taekwoon in his side. Jeongguk hoped that Taekwoon would be noticed by an actor or something.

The two started to eat and the announcement of Min Hwa disappeared to the background. Taekwoon needed to give all of this a spot, because a lot would be on his shoulders from now on. Taekwoon had to work harder during practice, which would take place after all the classes had ended. Taekwoon had to stay at school until 9 pm and it was practicing, practicing, practicing. But hard work had to pay off.

''To change the subject, when does your dance class start?'' Jeongguk asked and Taekwoon finished his bite, before he opened his mouth to respond to Jeongguk's question.

''Mine starts after the lunch break, why do you ask me?'' Taekwoon answered and Taekwoon heard Jeongguk sigh deep, before he lowered his arms after he had lifted them up to take a bite from his sandwhich.

''Just a random question actually, but I heard that our teacher is going to have an assistant who studies at this school too. He must be a dancer then.'' Jeongguk said and Taekwoon's eyes widen. Since when did the teacher have an assistant? He never mentioned that before, but Taekwoon was curious who this 'assistant was going to be.