F.I.F.T.E.E.N.

Another Dimension

After months of preparation, it finally was there. The musical Elisabeth was going to make its debut in the theater and everyone was more than nervous backstage. The premiere was sold out and everyone was excited to see how everyone was doing tonight, but the eyes would be on Taekwoon in particular. He always played minor roles and he now was going to portray a huge role, Death. Many people weren't surprised to see Taekwoon in this position, because his looks basically matched the character. But could his personality show that he was worth it to play Death?

Everyone who was in charge of a main role sat in their seats as their hair and makeup was getting done by stylists hired by Mr. Song. Everyone wondered how wealthy he must have been, as they were sure that these stylists weren't cheap. Taekwoon's seat was next to Seunghee's seat and Seunghee was talking a lot to the stylist who was in charge of her hair and makeup. She shared how happy she was to be in charge of the role of Elisabeth and she also shared how she has seen Taekwoon grow as a stage actor. She also knew about his ambition to either become a dancer or a stage actor, so she shared that she hoped that Taekwoon was going to become a stage actor since that suit him the most. Taekwoon was surprised to hear that from Seunghee, but it also gave him a little bit of confirmation on his career. He still wasn't sure which path he wanted to take, so he put an equal amount of energy into both dancing and acting. Now that Seunghee preferred to see him as a stage actor, Taekwoon knew a little more which path he had to take. 

''To cut a long story short, you portray one of the gentlemen's favorite characters right?'' the stylist, who was busy with Taekwoon's hair and makeup, asked. Taekwoon only responded with a hum, as the young lady was applying a neutral color of lipstick on his lips. The lady faintly smiled as she finished his lips, before she focussed on his eyes. She already had told him that Taekwoon was going to get some dark eyeshadow on, but he couldn't imagine how it looked like. It became more real once the stylist was applying the eyeshadow.

''Are there any of your family in the audience tonight?'' the stylist continued, as she realised that Taekwoon wasn't as talkative as Seunghee was. But she was told by mr. Song that Taekwoon was more quiet compared to the rest of the cast, she just hadn't had to underestimate how passionate he was. Mr. Song had told her everything about Taekwoon and she just couldn't place it that a silent person like Taekwoon would be passionate like this.

''Yes, my parents will be there and my boyfriend aswell. They're front row.'' Taekwoon responded and the stylist chuckled when she heard his answer. He and Hakyeon were still together as Hakyeon promised him that he would drag Taekwoon through his remaining years at school. Taekwoon was halfway his time at school, so he didn't have to go on for many more years. He only had to go on for about 2 years and we would be done after that.

''Oh, and a few friends of mine too.'' Taekwoon continued. Jeongguk had told him that he would be there for Taekwoon, despite being around Hakyeon. Jeongguk still didn't like Hakyeon, but he had to give Hakyeon a chance since Hakyeon was in Taekwoon's life.

''Well, I am glad that you have a lot of support in the audience.'' the stylist told him with pride in her voice. Even though she didn't know Taekwoon, she was glad that he wasn't performing for just complete strangers. Many people had purchased a ticket to see Hardworking Taek, they all wanted to see him change from doing a minor role to a major role. And since Death was a favorite character of many, Taekwoon had to do well.

Once the stylist was done with both his makeup and his hair, he thanked her and he made his way to another stylist who was going to get him dressed into the outfit he wore during many dress rehearsals. The coat was heavy, but he didn't even feel the weight anymore. Song Jeon was glaring at Taekwoon the entire time, because Taekwoon portrayed the role he wanted. However, there was nothing he could do. Mr. Song and mr. Huang were keeping an eye on him, as many students already shared what Jeon tried to prepare for. Song Jeon was very jealous and he also hated it that he had to watch Taekwoon perform in the position he wanted.

Taekwoon still was in disbelief that tonight was his debut as a main actor and he hoped that many more people would see that he had grown as an actor. The play was going to take place in the theater for 4 months, so Taekwoon had to step up his game. The musical was going to be shown 4 times a week, the rest was just for practice. Taekwoon was used to the amount of time he was practicing. And it also wasn't affecting his relationship with Hakyeon, because Hakyeon kept waiting for him to finish practice so that he could take Taekwoon home. Hakyeon was very supportive and Taekwoon's parents were more than happy that Taekwoon had found someone who was going to be there for him when they couldn't.

''Ready Taekwoon?'' mr. Huang asked as Taekwoon was fully dressed. Taekwoon nodded and kept looking at what he was wearing, because he still couldn't believe that he was in charge of such an important role like Death. But he knew that he had to fulfill the expectations both mr. Song and mr. Huang had, he wanted the two men to be proud of him.

Taekwoon looked up and left the dressingroom as he followed mr. Huang backstage. Taekwoon could hear the audience being loud as everyone was talking to each other. Everyone gathered around backstage and Taekwoon could tell that he wasn't the only one who was nervous, because even Seunghee was nervous. Taekwoon was going to be on her side on stage and it was different, because she was used to men like Song Jeon and Heejin. So far, she enjoyed Taekwoon's presence the most on her side. She couldn't explain why, but he just enjoyed his presence the most.

''After all the hard work, I am more than proud of all of you. The more we practiced, the better it went and I can't wait to see how all of you are going to do this at the debut of the musical. Taekwoon, I have seen you grow the most. You went from a quiet person who only was cast for supportive roles to an actor who is able to portray a main role. Make me proud, as you are portraying one of my favorite characters. Now, go on stage and don't forget: Enjoy every single minute.'' mr. Huang said and it was then that Taekwoon followed Daejung, who was in charge of the role of Luigi, and Hyunki, who was in charge of the role of the judge. They were the first three who had to open the musical and Taekwoon had to keep himself together, because he was nervous as hell.

~*~

A/N I am back with another update. Sorry that it took so long, but the holidays took my inspiration away. Hope that I can satisfy you guys in 2020.