E. I. G. H. T.

Another Dimension

Acting class has started and it was important to the actors that they know at which songs they have to sing and which they don't. Taekwoon already got the note to give a dark impression of his character and Taekwoon promised he would do everything to deliver that dark impression. His character was basically like he was on the inside, so giving that impression wouldn't be hard for Taekwoon. He also loved to sing, but he got a lot of criticism on his vocals. Mr. Song shared that Taekwoon's vocals weren't strong and his high notes were pretty weak. So Taekwoon practiced and practiced very hard, hoping that his vocals would be a lot better now.

''I will give the major roles the entire songlist and the ones in bold are the ones you participate on.'' mr. Song said as he handed the papers to the ones with a major role and at the time he reached Taekwoon, he looked with a stern look at Taekwoon. Every year, mr. Song saw the ambition of Taekwoon. But Taekwoon's acting skills were behind on his ambition. That's why Taekwoon recieved a minor role year after year. But this year, mr. Song how Taekwoon had grown in his acting skills and thought it was a wise decision to give Taekwoon a major role... the one of Der Tod to be exact.

''Make me proud, Taekwoon. I don't want to feel any regrets on me choosing for you for a major role.'' mr. Song sounded stern and Taekwoon slightly nodded his head. Taekwoon was already thankful for mr. Song to give him a major role, so now he had to make his teacher proud. Taekwoon looked at the paper that mr. Song had handed to him and he saw immediately that he had to participate on the very first song, which is called Proloque. Taekwoon felt shivers run down his spine when he realised that he had to sing on the first song.

It was then that the major roles had to be separated from the minors. Taekwoon sat down next to his classmate going by the name of Hwang Seunghee. Seunghee was in charge of the role of Elisabeth and she wasn't surprised that Taekwoon was assigned to Der Tod, since she knew that he was the perfect actor to fulfill that role. Seunghee knew the storyline of the musical and she also knew what kind of personalities the characters had, so she wasn't surprised that Taekwoon was assigned to this role.

''I'm glad that I'm going to sing some songs with you, because I know how amazing you are. Even your vocals.'' Seunghee said and it made Taekwoon turn shy as his cheeks turned red. He looked at his lap and Seunghee chuckled, before she placed a hand on his shoulder. Seunghee was amazed by Taekwoon's vocals and didn't understand why mr. Song criticized Taekwoon on that, because his vocals were amazing.

The minor roles were going to be cameos and backing vocals in the songs, some were going to be understudies for some roles. Taekwoon's understudy became the most popular guy from his class... Ahn Song Jeon. Song Jeon was an incredible actor and was also a great vocalist, but mr. Song thought it was better to assign Taekwoon to the role of Der Tod. Taekwoon's personality matched a lot more compared to Song Jeon's personality. Song Jeon was very open and was popular among a lot of people at school, but Song Jeon was very jealous at Taekwoon. Taekwoon was a hard worker and basically pushed everything to the side to focus on just wherever he needed to focus on.

Song Jeon glared at Taekwoon, because Taekwoon stole the role that he wanted. But for Taekwoon, it was a huge step and he hoped to make his parents proud. His father pushed him a lot, hoping that Taekwoon would work harder. The pushing of his parents caused him to get a major role in the upcoming school musical. When Taekwoon shared the news with his parents that he got a major role in the upcoming musical, his parents were more than happy to learn that their son is finally being recognised by the school. To them, he wasn't recognised at all. At least, not by mr. Song.

''Alright, I wanna start with the first song. Can everyone come forward who appears on Proloque?'' mr. Song spoke up and it was then that Taekwoon stepped forward, along with the two who were in charge of the judge and Luigi. The three of them stood in a line, facing mr. Song and they all recieved a paper with the lyrics. Yet again, whatever was bold was the part they had to sing.

[Stimme des Richters:]
Aber warum, Lucheni?
Warum haben Sie die Kaiserin Elisabeth ermordet?

[Lucheni:]
Alla malora!

[Stimme des Richters:]
Antworten Sie, Luigi Lucheni!

[Lucheni:]
Warum, warum…
Nacht für Nacht dieselbe Frage
Seit hundert Jahren!
Was soll die Fragerei?
Merda. Ich bin tot!

[Stimme des Richters:]
Das gemeine Attentat auf die Kaiserin von Österreich…

[Lucheni:]
Va a farti fottere!

[Stimme des Richters:]
Nennen Sie endlich die Hintergründe!

[Lucheni:]
Die Hintergründe?
Ich habe sie ermordet, weil sie es wollte

[Stimme des Richters:]
Reden Sie keinen Unsinn!

[Lucheni:]
Sie wollte es
Dafür gibt es ehrenwerte Zeugen

[Stimme des Richters:]
Was für Zeugen sollen das sein?

[Lucheni:]
Ihre Zeitgenossen, bitte sehr!
Kommen alle nicht zur Ruhe…
Und reden immer noch von… Elisabeth!

[die Toten:]
Versunken ist die alte Welt;
Verfault das Fleisch, verblasst der Glanz
Doch wo sich Geist zu Geist gesellt
Da tanzt man noch den Totentanz …

Lust, Leid - Wahnsinn, der uns treibt
Not, Neid - Pflicht die uns erdrückt
Traum, Tran - alles, was uns bleibt:
Wunsch, Wahn, der die Welt verrückt…

Elisabeth, Elisabeth
Selbst hier bist du von uns getrennt
Ein Rätsel, das kein Geist errät
Ein Zeichen, das kein Mensch erkennt

Scheu, schwach - glücklich und verflucht
Wild, wach - einsam und begehrt
Arm, reich - was hast du gesucht?
Hart, weich - was hat dich zerstört?

[Lucheni:]
Niemand war so stolz wie sie
Sie verachtete euch
Sie hat gelacht über euch

[die Toten:]
Wir dem Tod geweiht
Schatten am Abgrund der Zeit

[Lucheni:]
Niemand hat sie je verstanden
Nie gab sie die Freiheit auf
Sie wollte in das Dunkel blicken

[die Toten:]
Verwöhnt! Bedroht!
Sie hat ersehnt, was wir verfluchten
Was uns erschrak hat sie geliebt


Alle tanzten mit dem Tod –
Doch niemand wie Elisabeth…
Alle tanzten mit dem Tod –
Doch niemand wie Elisabeth…
Alle tanzten mit dem Tod –
Doch niemand wie Elisabeth…
Alle tanzten mit dem Tod –
Doch niemand wie Elisabeth...

[Lucheni:]
Attenzione! Seine Majestät der Tod!

[der Tod:]
Was hat es zu bedeuten: dies alte Lied
Das mir seit jenen Zeiten die Brust durchglüht?
Engel nennen’s Freude, Teufel nennen’s Pein
Menschen meinen, es muss Liebe sein

Mein Auftrag heißt zerstören. Ich tu es kalt
Ich hol, die mir gehören, jung oder alt
Weiß nicht, wie geschehn kann, was es gar nicht gibt –
Doch es stimmt: Ich habe sie geliebt

[Stimme des Richters:]
Sie weichen aus, Lucheni!
Liebe, Tod… Erzählen Sie keine Märchen!

[Lucheni:]
Aber wenn ich es ihnen sage! Sie liebte den Tod und er liebte sie!

[Stimme des Richters:]
Zum leztenmal, Lucheni:
Wer waren Ihre Hintermänner?

[Lucheni:]
Der Tod! Nur der Tod…

[Stimme des Richters:]
Das Motiv, Lucheni!

[Lucheni:]
Die Liebe. Un grande amore…
Ha ha ha…!

[Männer:]
Elisabeth, Elisabeth, Elisabeth!

[Lucheni:]
Elisabeth!

[Frauen:]
Elisabeth! Elisabeth!

[Männer:]
Elisabeth, Elisabeth, Elisabeth!

[der Tod:]
Elisabeth!

[Frauen:]
Elisabeth! Elisabeth!

[Männer:]
Elisabeth, Elisabeth, Elisabeth!

[Lucheni:]
Elisabeth!

[Frauen:]
Elisabeth! Elisabeth!

[Männer:]
Elisabeth, Elisabeth, Elisabeth!

[der Tod:]
Elisabeth!

[Alle:]
Elisabeth, Elisabeth, Elisabeth!

Once the three of them ,and the minors who were in charge of the backing vocals, finished the song ,while mr. Song had given instructions in the mean time, they recieved a lot of applause and that's when mr. Song looked at Taekwoon.

''Well Taekwoon, you have done an amazing job here. Your vocals are a lot stronger now and you are a lot more steady. Well done.'' mr. Song said as Taekwoon bowed once he recieved the compliment. Taekwoon was glad that mr. Song was happy on his performance, because that's what he wanted to hear. He only wanted to hear that he was doing well. When Taekwoon looked at mr. Hong, he also nodded and raised a thumb. Both men were proud of the road Taekwoon had taken.

A/N I used the German lyrics to the song, since they were the ones I found first. Also, I kept the brackets with the names so that you guys at least know who sings which parts.