T.W.E.L.V.E.

Another Dimension

The final bell rang and it was time for Taekwoon to rehearse. Taekwoon packed his stuff and he rushed to the theater. He knew that Hakyeon would be there, but it comforted him when he realised  that even Jeongguk would be there. Taekwoon was scared of Hakyeon, but only because of the fact that he had fallen in love with Hakyeon and he didn't want to fall in love with someone. Love was going to stand in the way, that's what Taekwoon thought. But if he would tell this to his parents, his parents would only be very supportive for him if he was going to open himself more about this.

''Taekwoon-ah! Wait for me!'' he heard Jeongguk say behind him, but Taekwoon was too much in a hurry to look behind him to greet his friend.

''I can't, I must hurry.'' Taekwoon screamed and threw open the doors once he reached the theater. Luckily, they hadn't started yet. They were waiting for him and Taekwoon was glad that they were doing that, because he was one of the main roles in this musical.

Taekwoon quickly took a seat next to Seunghee and mr. Huang started with the rehearsals. Jeongguk had also taken a seat in the audience in the mean time, but he wasn't alone. Hakyeon sat front row and even some other students of the school had taken a seat somewhere in the audience. Now that Taekwoon was one of the main roles, the school became interested in him and they wanted to see how he was doing.

''Alright, I want to continue with the songs for today. But halfway the rehearsal, I want you all to get dressed into the clothes that you're going to wear in the musical. We call that dress rehearsal. I want to start off with it the sooner the better, I want all of you to get used to the outfits. But first...'' mr. Huang explained, before he cut off his sentence as he looked at Taekwoon. He handed Taekwoon the lyrics of the new song and Taekwoon's eyes widened. Der Letzte Tanz (The Last Dance) was his solo song and Taekwoon was scared to do this on his own, but there was no turning back. He finally got a main role, so he had to step over that hurdle.

''...Taekwoon is going to have his first solo song. Taekwoon will have a few more solos in this mucisal, but let's start off with this one.'' mr. Huang said and Taekwoon swallowed. He was nervous, but there was no way back. Seunghee placed a hand on Taekwoon's and when he looked at her, she smiled at him.

''You're going to do well, Taekwoon. Just trust me.'' Seunghee said and Taekwoon nodded. He had the urge to smile, but he wanted to keep it in.

Everyone got up from their seats and Taekwoon stood upon the mark where mr. Huang wanted him to stand on. The music started to play and Taekwoon was focussed on the paper in his hand with the lyrics on it. He had to do everything to ignore Hakyeon's presence.

Es ist ein altes Thema
doch neu für mich
Zwei, die dieselbe lieben -
nämlich dich.
Du hast dich entschieden
Ich hab' dich verpasst.
Bin auf deiner Hochzeit nur der Gast.

Du hast dich abgewendet
Doch nur zum Schein
Du willst ihm treu sein,
Doch du lädst mich ein.
Noch in seinen Armen
lächelst du mir zu
Und wohin das führ'n wird
weißt auch du -

Der letzte Tanz
der letzte Tanz
gehört allein nur mir
Den letzten Tanz
den letzten Tanz
tanz ich allein mit dir

Die Zeit wird alt und müde
der Wein wird schal
Die Luft ist schwül und stickig
im Spiegelsaal
Unsichtbare Augen
seh'n uns beiden zu
Alle warten auf
das Rendezvous

Der letzte Tanz
der letzte Tanz
gehört allein nur mir
Den letzten Tanz
den letzten Tanz
tanz ich nur mit dir

Und so wart ich im Dunkeln
und schau zu dir hin
als der große Verlierer
Doch ich weiß
ich gewinn.

Der letzte Tanz
der letzte Tanz
gehört allein nur mir
Den letzten Tanz
den letzten Tanz
tanz ich nur mit dir

Der letzte Tanz
der letzte Tanz
gehört allein nur mir
Den letzten Tanz
den letzten Tanz
tanz ich nur mit dir

Der letzte Tanz
der letzte Tanz
gehört allein nur mir (dir)
Den letzten Tanz
den letzten Tanz
tanz (tanzt) ich (du) nur mit dir (ihr)

Once Taekwoon finished the song, mr. Huang clapped in his hands and those in the audience soon followed.

''Well Taekwoon, I'm glad that you portray the role of Death. Your vocals are strong too. I wish that you would do something in stage acting, because you are fantastic.'' mr. Song said as he entered the stage. Mr. Song was a little later, because he received so many questions from his students. But he made it in time to hear Taekwoon sing and mr. Song was such a huge fan of him already.

Taekwoon turned shy and looked at the floor. Mr. Song placed a hand on Taekwoon's shoulder, making Taekwoon look up. Mr. Song smiled and pulled Taekwoon in for a quick hug.

''You're a fantastic stage actor and you also have great vocals, do something with it.'' mr. Song said and let go of Taekwoon. Now, it was time to rehearse the entire part up until Taekwoon's first solo. Meaning that he had to stay on the stage, he couldn't sit down. He decided to ignore the audience, because his eyes would go to Hakyeon immediately.

Taekwoon did an outside job with his acting skills and Hakyeon couldn't keep his eyes away from him. No wonder why he had fallen in love with Taekwoon, but now he had to make it Taekwoon realise more and more. Taekwoon was scared to give in and Hakyeon had to change that, Hakyeon wanted that Taekwoon was going to enjoy his life a little more.

Jeongguk ,however, kept his eyes on both Taekwoon and Hakyeon. Hakyeon already sat too close near the stage and Jeongguk preferred to see that Hakyeon wasn't going to climb on the stage, because Jeongguk would kill him. Jeongguk would do everything to keep Hakyeon away from Jeongguk. He already had given Hakyeon a warning earlier today and he was ready to give one again.

The students and teachers who also were in the audience, were stunned to see how Taekwoon was doing on stage. He looked nothing like they had in mind about him, Taekwoon looked different to them. So they couldn't wait to buy some tickets once the musical was going to debut in the theater, they really wanted to see him perform.

Taekwoon had his eyes on Seunghee. He was going to sing a song with her aswell and she had given him the confidence to show what he got, but Seunghee wasn't his type. No, Taekwoon wasn't sure what his uality was. But he wasn't interested in love just yet, not even when Hakyeon tried to win his cold heart. Seunghee just made Taekwoon feel comfortable and to forget about those walls he had built around him, so Taekwoon couldn't wait to perform with Seunghee.

''Alright everyone, take a break. Well done so far!'' mr. Huang said and the cast bowed, before they sat down to drink something.

''Wow Taekwoon, you are fantastic. Can't wait to perform with you.'' Seunghee said once she sat down next to Taekwoon. Taekwoon shyly smiled and bit his lip. Seunghee dropped a bomb with compliments on him and Taekwoon had to get used to that.

''T-Thanks.'' Taekwoon stuttered a little and Seunghee smiled. Song Jeon glared at Taekwoon and Seunghee and wasn't having it. He had to be Der Tod, not just an understudy. It was unfair to him that Taekwoon portrayed Der Tod, but he couldn't do much about it. Mr. Song and mr. Huang weren't going to change their minds.

Taekwoon could feel the eyes of Hakyeon and Song Jeon burn on him, but Taekwoon ignored both of them. But Taekwoon knew on the inside that he couldn't ignore Hakyeon, Hakyeon made him feel good for some reason. Taekwoon was just too scared to fall in love with him, he didn't want to love him.