F. O. U. R.

Another Dimension

The more time passed, the more Hakyeon had set his eyes on Taekwoon. Taekwoon wasn't an ordinary student and Hakyeon had not only heard stories of Taekwoon, but he had seen himself what kind of student Taekwoon really was. Taekwoon was 'hardworking Taek' for a reason. Taekwoon never complained whenever he got exhausted as he basically bit on his lip to continue with the practice.

''Taekwoon, why don't you take a break? You put way too much energy in it. Slow down okay?'' mr. Huang asked as he ran towards Taekwoon. Taekwoon never gave in to whatever his body wanted and his state was very much comparible to that state of a K-Pop idol, but Taekwoon never had the plans to become an idol. He could sing well, but he just kept it as his hobby. His heart belonged more to dancing and acting. 

Taekwoon looked up at mr. Huang and slightly nodded. He made his way to the dressingroom to get something to drink. Maybe mr. Huang was right, maybe he put just a little too much energy in it. But that's what Taekwoon was about, working hard and put everything in it. Perfect only wasn't enough for Taekwoon, he wanted to go beyond that. He wanted to make his family proud and nothing else mattered, so his health was at the last spot of priorities. And even if people kept begging him to take care of himself, Taekwoon basically didn't.

The door of the dressingroom opened and Hakyeon entered the dressingroom. He told mr. Huang that he was going to check up on Taekwoon, because he wanted to know why Taekwoon was doing this to him. Taekwoon looked up when he saw Hakyeon approaching him, but looked away immediately soon after he took a bottle out of his bag. He already felt embarrassed by the fact that this young man wanted to see him dance alone, but it got worse now that this guy even showed up next to him in the dressingroom.

''I-I just wanted to check up on you, I just wanted to see if you are okay.'' Hakyeon said and Taekwoon refused to look at Hakyeon as Hakyeon sat down next to him. Taekwoon took another sip from his drink and Hakyeon scooted closer to Taekwoon. It still amazed Hakyeon that Taekwoon was full of fire whenever he was dancing, but that he was actually an introvert out of the dancing class. But maybe that was his personality, to forget about everything whenever he was dancing but keeping everything in when he wasn't in dancing class.

Taekwoon slowly raised his head to look at Hakyeon, but still didn't open his mouth to say anything. Why would this guy check up on him when it was only that Taekwoon used almost all of his energy? Taekwoon had to work hard, because he also would need it whenever he was going to perform in the musical. Taekwoon had to do everything to make himself proud, but also his family.

''I know who you are, hardworking Taek. I know about your image of being the perfect student, but that perfect image doesn't exist. Even I know that. You know, I share the same passion as you do when it comes to dancing. But I have learnt that it's okay to make mistakes and that it's the best thing to stand back up after you fall. Maybe you should learn that, maybe you should learn that it's okay to make mistakes. I know that you want to be a perfect example for your family, but they will forgive you if you make mistakes. Don't take life so hard on you okay? I'm just trying to help you.'' Hakyeon explained and Taekwoon saw the struggle in his eyes.

Taekwoon still didn't say anything. He kept wondering why this student was this close to him right now and why he tried to give him some courage. However, Hakyeon only wanted to know why Taekwoon was so hard on himself. Hakyeon didn't leave his side and Taekwoon started to feel uncomfortable with mr. Huang's assistant here next to him, so Taekwoon hoped that Hakyeon would go away soon. But much to Taekwoon's surprise, Hakyeon didn't.

''Why are you so hard against yourself huh?'' Hakyeon asked him and it was that moment that Taekwoon finally spoke up, which left Hakyeon in surprise. It was the first time that Hakyeon heard Taekwoon talk.

''I-I want to be the best. I just want to work hard for my future. I-I'm scared to make mistakes.'' Taekwoon stuttered and Hakyeon placed a hand on Taekwoon's shoulder for some support. Taekwoon's eyes went to the hand on his shoulder and bit his lip as he looked back up to Hakyeon again. Did he tried to be supportive? Taekwoon thought that only his friends and family were his biggest support and that he should keep everyone at school on a distance. But it was going to be harder and harder, so the pressure became more and more by the years.

''Hey, it's okay to make mistakes. I am a passionate dancer, but even I make mistakes. And I'm sure you have made them aswell in the previous musicals you were a part of. I have seen them all and I have seen you in there aswell, but don't be scared to make mistakes. I'm sure that people will love you even more if you make mistakes, it's a human thing to make mistakes okay? Don't force yourself to do it right, because it'll cost you your life one day.'' Hakyeon told him to sound encouraging. Taekwoon slightly nodded and Hakyeon faintly smiled, before he let go of Taekwoon and got up from the bench.

Hakyeon left the dressingroom and Taekwoon just looked at Hakyeon as Hakyeon left. Did he just say that it was okay to make mistakes? Never in a million years that Taekwoon would listen to him, because Taekwoon had to do whatever it takes to be the perfect example of never failing at school. Taekwoon had to make his parents proud and he wanted to make himself proud, so why would he make mistakes and ask for forgiveness?

Taekwoon sighed and got up as he entered the dance room again. Everyone looked at him, but Taekwoon avoided all of their looks. He was ready to show them again what he got and he was ready to ignore Hakyeon, because he wasn't going to give in on what Hakyeon told him.

''Ready again Taekwoon?'' mr. Huang asked and Taekwoon nodded. He glared at Hakyeon, but not for long. He quickly looked at the mirror again and he picked up the choreography what he just missed when he was in the dressingroom. Taekwoon pushed away the words he just heard from Hakyeon, because he felt like he wasn't allowed to make any mistakes. He was called 'hardworking Taek' for a reason.