S.I.X.T.E.E.N.

Another Dimension

During Act I, everyone was paying attention to Taekwoon whenever he was on stage. Taekwoon had a lot on his shoulders, as everyone had high expectations of him. But Taekwoon decided to drop all of the expectations of his shoulders and to prove everyone that he was worth it to be casted as Death. He nearly flew over the stage and everyone on front row, including his parents, Jeongguk and Hakyeon, had their mouth wide open when they saw how Taekwoon had grown as an actor and they also loved to hear him sing. His vocals were one of the best of tonight.

When Taekwoon stood backstage, he received a lot of compliments from everyone. Including mr. Song and mr. Huang, who couldn't be more proud of Taekwoon. Taekwoon took something to drink and watched the musical from backstage in the times that he didn't have to perform. Then, Seunghee stood next to him and her head was resting on Taekwoon's shoulder. The two had grown close since the first practice and the two had become good friends since then. Many cast members thought that the two were dating, but both Seunghee and Taekwoon were dating already and Taekwoon wasn't even interested in girls. So that option was ruled out.

After the performance of She Doesn't Fit, it would be Taekwoon's turn to perform a song solo. It made him nervous that he had to perform a song solo, because he had to look at the packed audience and he became nervous if he had to think about that. He was scared that he was going to forget the lyrics or that he didn't know what he had to do, but Seunghee kept assuring him that it would be fine.

''Don't worry Taekwoon, you'll do a great job. During the practices, you did a great job. So I am sure that you are going to do a great job on stage in front of an audience. Don't forget that you have people in the audience who are here to support you, do it for them.'' Seunghee tried to sound encouraging and Taekwoon smiled a little. Taekwoon took another sip from his drink and tried to keep his nerves in control, because it was going to be against him if he let his nerves take over him.

Then, the song She Doesn't Fit came to an end and the actor and actressess for the roles of Sophie, Max and the wedding guests left the stage. Taekwoon put his cup away and Seunghee cheered for him as Taekwoon entered the stage. It was dark, so he could take his spot easily. Then, the music started to play and the lights slowly . 

Es ist ein altes Thema
doch neu für mich
Zwei, die dieselbe lieben -
nämlich dich.
Du hast dich entschieden
Ich hab' dich verpasst.
Bin auf deiner Hochzeit nur der Gast.

Du hast dich abgewendet
Doch nur zum Schein
Du willst ihm treu sein,
Doch du lädst mich ein.
Noch in seinen Armen
lächelst du mir zu
Und wohin das führ'n wird
weißt auch du -

Der letzte Tanz
der letzte Tanz
gehört allein nur mir
Den letzten Tanz
den letzten Tanz
tanz ich allein mit dir

Die Zeit wird alt und müde
der Wein wird schal
Die Luft ist schwül und stickig
im Spiegelsaal
Unsichtbare Augen
seh'n uns beiden zu
Alle warten auf
das Rendezvous

Der letzte Tanz
der letzte Tanz
gehört allein nur mir
Den letzten Tanz
den letzten Tanz
tanz ich nur mit dir

Und so wart ich im Dunkeln
und schau zu dir hin
als der große Verlierer
Doch ich weiß
ich gewinn.

Der letzte Tanz
der letzte Tanz
gehört allein nur mir
Den letzten Tanz
den letzten Tanz
tanz ich nur mit dir

Der letzte Tanz
der letzte Tanz
gehört allein nur mir
Den letzten Tanz
den letzten Tanz
tanz ich nur mit dir

Der letzte Tanz
der letzte Tanz
gehört allein nur mir (dir)
Den letzten Tanz
den letzten Tanz
tanz (tanzt) ich (du) nur mit dir (ihr)

Taekwoon left an impression on the audience after every move he made and after every word he sang. Hakyeon nearly cried to see how Taekwoon did on stage, he fell more and more in love with Taekwoon. He sat next to Taekwoon's parents and he could hear Taekwoon's mum gasp every now and then. She wasn't used to see her son in such a role like this, but she was proud of him. She hoped that she was going to see this more often coming from her son. 

Jeongguk was more than proud of his best friend. He went to many practices of Taekwoon and he even saw his best friend grow, so he hoped that his friend would persue a career in acting. Taekwoon was a great dancer for sure, but Taekwoon had more to offer than just dancing. Jeongguk was sure that acting could offer him more than dancing could. Jeongguk definitely was going to persue a dancing career, but he didn't want his friend to go the same way.

Once Taekwoon finished his performance of The Last Dance, he left the stage as people started to applaude for him. A lot of pressure fell off his shoulder and everyone backstage started to applaude for him aswell, because they were proud to see him do a solo like The Last Dance. During rehearsals, they saw Taekwoon grow and they were more than happy to see him perform this song flawless like he has been doing this for years. In the mean time, the next actors entered the stage.

''My goodness Taekwoon, you were fantastic. You really pulled it off and so far, you are fulfilling our expectations about you doing this character.'' mr. Huang said and Taekwoon faintly smiled as he was pulled into a hug by Seunghee. Seunghee was one of Taekwoon's biggest supporters and couldn't wait to perform again tomorrow, because she saw Taekwoon grow by the minute. 

''I'm curious how Act Two will be like, but all of us are going to do a great job right?'' Seunghee spoke as she let go of Taekwoon and looked at everyone else, who nodded in response. Now that Act One was coming to an end, everyone was going to do a recap on Act One and mr. Huang and mr. Song were going to give some tips on how they could improve to make Act Two look better and more smooth.

Taekwoon took another drink and was more than relieved that his solo for now was done, but he wasn't that nervous anymore to play it more often in the upcoming months that they had to play this musical. And as far as Taekwoon had heard, every night was going to be sold out. So that meant that either the musical was popular among everyone or everyone wanted to see how hard Taekwoon had worked to fulfill everyone's expectations. Everyone knew that Taekwoon had only portrayed supporting minor roles and now that he was doing a major role, everyone wanted to see him full in the picture on stage.

Mr. Huang placed a hand on Taekwoon's shoulder and Taekwoon couldn't help but smile when mr. Huang was looking at him. Because he now knew that he had done something good.

''You have made me proud Taekwoon, this is not making me feel like I should regret my decision to choose you for this role. You are fantastic, so I am sure that Act Two is going well too.'' mr. Huang said and Taekwoon couldn't stop smiling. Taekwoon now hoped that mr. Huang and mr. Song would assign him some more to some major roles.