S.E.V.E.N.T.E.E.N.

Another Dimension

Act Two went like mr. Huang and mr. Song hoped... flawless. Right after Taekwoon entered the stage again, the two men saw Taekwoon perform as if he had been doing this role for years. The two men decided to add some songs to the setlist 2 weeks before the premiere. Some songs for this musical were only written for certain productions only and they wanted to add some more to the setlist to make it more enjoyable for the audience.

Now, Taekwoon was on stage and was going to perform three songs in the mean time. Even one with Seunghee, who was more than excited to perform this song. Just like everybody else, Seunghee wasn't too pleased when it was announced that a few songs were added to Act Two. But what could everyone do? There was nothing that they could change about this. But during the rehearsals, it no longer seemed like an issue that some songs were added. Everyone was doing their best to get this done, without mr. Song and mr. Huang yelling.

Taekwoon now performed the song When I Want To Dance, alongside Seunghee. Hakyeon kinda felt jealous to see Taekwoon perform with someone on stage, but he knew it was just for acting. Both were already taken, so that thought gave Hakyeon some rest. Maybe it was just how love was like, getting jealous whenever your boyfriend or girlfriend was just acting in a musical. And Hakyeon hoped that he wasn't the only one dealing with this.

Hakyeon looked for a second into Jeongguk's direction and it showed that Jeongguk's mouth was wide open. Jeongguk wasn't aware of the unexpected song addition to the setlist, so this was the first time that he heard this song for the first time. Taekwoon didn't even tell him about this, probably because he wasn't allowed to announce the setlist change.

Taekwoon's character was trying everything he could to overshadow Seunghee's character Elisabeth. He danced around her and tried to get her under his spell. Seunghee admitted a few times that she liked the chemistry with Taekwoon, it just felt right and didn't need any more explanation. Even mr. Song and mr. Huang had to agree with that and they weren't planning on changing the parts again. Song Jeon didn't have to portray Death for now, because Taekwoon was doing beyond expectations. If Taekwoon took enough rest, his vocal chords could handle this. Every practice, a voice coach was brought in to help the cast to use their vocals wisely.

Right after the song ended, the lights went out and Seunghee pulled Taekwoon in for a quick hug before she rushed backstage. It was then that mr. Song's son entered the stage, as he portrayed Young Rudolf. Song Junsu was about 8 years old and offered his dad to help out in the musical, since they didn't have someone for the role of Young Rudolf yet. Mr. Song left it out of everyone's script for a reason and at the time he introduced his son to the rest of the cast, they all developped a good relationship with the young boy. He liked Taekwoon in particular for no reason, but later the two became good friends.

It was then that the music for the next two songs, which the two were going to perform together. Mama, Where Are You? and the reprise of that song were going to be performed by Taekwoon and Song Junsu, so mr. Song hoped that the two weren't going to mess this up. 

Mama, wo bist du?
Kannst du mich hören?
Mir ist so kalt,
nimm mich in den Arm!
Jeder sagt ich darf dich nicht stören.
Warum kann ich nicht bei dir sein?
Mama mein Zimmer ist nachts so finster.
Jetzt bin ich wach und fürchte mich.
Niemand streicht mir übers Haar, wenn ich wein.
Warum lasst du mich allein?

Sie hört dich nicht,
ruf nicht nach ihr!

Wer bist du?

Ich bin ein Freund.
Wenn du mich brauchst, komm ich zu dir.

Bleib da!

Ich bleib dir nah.

Wenn ich mich anstreng,
kann ich ein Held sein.
Gestern schlug ich eine Katze tot.
Ich kann hart und bös wie die Welt sein,
doch manchmal bin ich lieber ganz weich.
Ach Mama, ich mochte immer bei dir sein,
doch fährst du fort nimmst du mich nicht mit.
Und wenn du da bist, schliest du dich ein.
Warum lässt du mich allein?

Mr. Song smiled when he saw his son perform with one of the best actors of the cast. Taekwoon fully went into his character and so did Junsu. He portrayed a scared young boy during the two songs, whereas Taekwoon tried to represent a character that was invincible towards Young Rudolf. Junsu really managed to win the audience's hearts, he even managed to let Hakyeon cry. Something he usually did whenever he was touched Taekwoon.

After it was time for Taekwoon to leave the stage, he indeed left the stage. Junsu ran after him and wrapped his arms around Taekwoon's leg once the two were backstage.

''You were fantastic, Taekwoon. I enjoyed it a lot.'' Junsu said and squealed once he let go. Taekwoon squat down and gave young Junsu a hug. During rehearsals, both enjoyed it to rehearse together and even mr. Song said that the two seemed like brothers when they practiced together. The two let go of each other and Taekwoon got up, before he felt a hand on his shoulder that was coming from mr. Song.

''I don't think that Junsu and I can be more proud of you, because the hard work really paid off.'' mr. Song said as he started to smile. Taekwoon bowed at him and took something to drink, something he also handed to Junsu. Junsu took the glass of juice from Taekwoon and made his way back to his father. Taekwoon quickly joined the others, who were waiting until they could perform again.

''What you just did there, was something I haven't seen before. You were fantastic.'' Yoo Yoori said and she smiled. Yoori was in charge of the role of Sophie and it was no wonder why she was selected for this role, because she looked a little older than everybody else did out of the cast. But Yoori didn't mind that she had to play Sophie, because the role grew on her the more the cast practiced.

''I was just doing my part, nothing special about it.'' Taekwoon said in a neutral tone in his voice as he took a sip from his drink. He enjoyed the rest of the cast as he stood backstage. Everyone was indeed enjoying the premiere and Taekwoon hoped that they would continue to do this when the months passed. Taekwoon was confident enough that at least he could stay enthusiastic until the end of the musical, but he wasn't sure about the rest. They basically had to, since there was no way back anymore.

Looking back on it so far, Taekwoon was glad with how everything had been so far. Everything went like mr. Song and mr. Huang wanted it to be, so no stress so far. And Taekwoon could fulfill the expectations that mr. Song and mr. Huang had of him. So far, they were satisfied with how he performed on stage.