Chapter 9

Our Dating Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyong felt himself swallowing his own saliva as he looked behind Sicheng and noticed the group of five girls walking into the room. Sicheng’s words almost began to sound indistinctive and his eyes averted to everywhere in the room, except for them... Except for her.

He had to admit that he felt kind of sorry about the things he had told her, but he wouldn’t say that he felt guilty about it. Of course, the things he said did sound harsh and he would’ve been better off by not saying anything at all for that matter. But if what he said wasn’t true, then why would she get so offended?

However, he had seen her getting weaker and more tired during the past few months, and he understood that she probably had some trouble or worries with her carrier. But he didn’t understand why she overreacted so much. She had already gotten the fame and a lot of people were excited when they heard the news about their upcoming comeback. Wasn’t that everything she wanted? To just show off her talents and her hard work?

She had also gotten a lot of hate, no doubt. But was it really hard to just ignore them? Was it really hard to just not go on social media? Taeyong just couldn’t really understand why it was so hard for her… If it was. Or he could be right and she could be an actual attention seeker.

But was it because he had never experienced such worry about failure or hate that made it harder for him to even try to understand her feelings? He had been involved in a scandal before his debut, but even at that time there were people who supported him. And since he hadn’t done such things, he didn’t really care about what the press wrote about him. The truth would come out and he didn’t have to worry about it affecting his carrier.

After a lot of thinking since the incident with her. He just wanted to understand what the problem was. He wanted to understand the reason why she always acted uncomfortable or distant. Was it only for attention or was Youngho right about her having real problems?

Talking about Youngho, he knew that Youngho was her best friend, so he could’ve been right about it. But at the same time it felt like Youngho only wanted him to be nice to her so that the stupid feud would finally stop after long years. He knew how annoyed the guys and the other girls would get when he and Seulgi were always arguing when they all hung out together.

Ugh… Thinking about it, he didn’t even want to feel any grudge towards her anymore. His life was at his best peak at the moment. He was having a stable fandom and a great career, he had great members and friends for life plus an amazing girlfriend. Not having to neither care about disliking nor arguing with someone would’ve been like the cherry to the cake.

But after that incident, it would be very hard to try and befriend her once and for all.

“They’re coming our way,” he then heard Yoonoh whisper to him, making him snap out of thoughts.

He cleared his throat and bowed to the group as they came closer to them, but getting ignored and attacked with a burning glare from the leader was the only thing he received back as they walked past him and went to greet the other guys. He pursed his lips together and gripped onto his staff, feeling his hands getting sweaty after a while. Was he feeling nervous?

He turned to the side and chuckled a little as he noticed both Yerim and Taeil were wearing the same costume. Then suddenly all his attention was on the girl with the Cleopatra costume, and he could only wonder how the hell he was going to befriend her after everything.

-------------------------------------------

Seulgi felt herself getting somewhat uncomfortable as she spotted him from the corner of her eye. It wasn’t the fact that he was there that made her uncomfortable, or, at least not the main fact. She didn’t know if her eyes played her a trick or not, but she could see him facing her way, as if he was staring at her. And that made her really uncomfortable.

His words from a few weeks ago were still ringing in her ears up to this day. Did people really think of her as an attention seeker? After all, even if they did think so about her she wouldn’t blame them. During the first three years of her career no one really knew about her or her group so being desperate for fame and attention would’ve made sense.

She was indeed desperate for fame and attention, but not wanting her condition to be the reason for it. She wanted to be famous because of her talents, she wanted people to acknowledge her hard work. Was that so hard to understand?

Seulgi inhaled the air slowly, trying to work up some courage before turning her head towards his way, getting instant eye contact with him for a split second before he looked away. She rolled her eyes before turning away, “he’s just going to stare at me and still not apologize?” she thought bitterly.

“Everyone! Let’s take a picture!”

She felt a sudden grip on her arm and soon realised Sooyoung was dragging her towards the other artists i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter