Chapter 27

Our Dating Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aren’t you going to eat?”

“Hm?” Taeyong looked up at Taeil, snapping out of his thoughts.

Taeil used his fork to point at the plate in front of him. “You haven’t touched your food for a while, it’s getting cold.”

“I’m not that hungry,” Taeyong mumbled and picked up a fork, poking at the scrambled eggs before taking a small bite of it. He scrunched his nose at the cold, rubbery texture.

“Is something bothering you?”

With a sigh, Taeyong placed the fork by the plate and leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table. He pursed his lips together before nodding at the question.

“There’s always something bothering me,” he said and rubbed his nape. “And that bothers me even more.”

A small sigh escaped Taeil’s lips. He sank down in his chair and crossed his arms. He knew exactly what was bothering Taeyong and if no one else was going to address the elephant in the room, he had to do it himself. This had already been going on for months and if it continued for a longer period of time, Taeil swore he would age faster due to the frustration.

“It’s about Seulgi and Chungha, isn’t it?” he stated.

The silence coming from Taeyong’s side was enough for Taeil to know he was right. “Ever since that night she confessed to you you’ve been acting strange,” he said and Taeyong looked up at him with a frown.

“Okay, not strange,” Taeil clarified, “but you’ve been more reserved and I can see that you have a lot on that mind of yours.”

Another moment of silence passed and Taeil could see that Taeyong was deep in his thoughts. He thought everything would turn back to normal once Taeyong accepted Seulgi’s apology but he stayed the same. And that proved another one of his points.

Taeyong was falling for Seulgi and had just realized it.

“Talk to me, Yong,” he practically begged. “You know it’s not good if you keep everything to yourself.”

“I-” Taeyong cut himself off. He ran his fingers through his hair, pulling it a little to relieve his frustration.

“When she confessed that she liked me,” he began and clasped his hands together. “I didn’t think about the fact that she liked me.”

Silence followed his words but Taeil decided to stay quiet and be patient. He nodded and just continued to listen.

“I was so caught up with our past arguments that I couldn’t even process her confession. Then, when I came home and told you everything about it I still hadn’t processed it.

It wasn’t until when I went to bed that I could, in peace, just rewind our conversation. It wasn’t until then, that I realized she told me she liked me.

And at first I was shocked. How could she like me? What could have possibly made her like me in that way?

So I thought about our time together. I even watched the first VLive we did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter