Chapter 14

Our Dating Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Question: Who do you think Taeyong's girlfriend is? 

----------------------------------------

Seulgi took a long, deep breath as she looked at herself in the mirror, making intense eye contact with her reflection. She sat down on the soft chair and fixated her short bangs before leaning back on it.

“How are you feeling?” she felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up at the mirror, seeing Joohyun look at her with worry in her eyes.

“Very nervous? Worried?” she told her unsurely and pursed her lips.

“It’s going to be okay, the performance will be really good,” Joohyun reassured her. “And don’t worry about what the public will think about it.”

“Yeah…” Seulgi mumbled. “But that’s not the only thing I’m worried about,” she thought and immediately felt her stomach drop when she heard the intro coming from the stage above them. 

“That’s my cue,” she said and stood up, then felt Joohyun’s hands on her shoulders.

“Listen,” Joohyun said and looked into her eyes. “It’s going to be fine, okay?”

Seulgi closed her eyes for a brief moment and took another deep breath before nodding at the leader.

“Great, fighting!” Joohyun cheered for her and Seulgi walked away with one of the staff members and without knowing it she was already behind the stage, watching the guys’ dance performance to what she assumed was a remix of “The 7th Sense”.

“Why is there an elephant on the stage?” she mumbled to herself before laughing softly, feeling herself ease up a bit. But then her eyes averted to the green haired guy, and she immediately felt the drop in her stomach once again.

She watched as he danced so passionately and thought about when he first joined the company, remembering how bad his dancing skills were and now they were just that perfect. She never wanted to admit it to anyone that he was hard working and that he was so talented because of their past, but now she could.

It felt weird. So weird. Both of them could talk to each other normally and they would even greet each other when they passed by each other in the company halls. But every time she thought of how unusual and weird it felt, his words just popped up in her head.

“Well life is weird. Stop thinking so much. Life is too short for that.”

Those words just hit her, hard. The night after she had laid in bed and thought about how her life would be if they were just friends from the beginning. What if they never hated each other and actually became really good friends? Maybe...

“No,” Seulgi shook her head and continued to watch the performance without thinking about anything.

“I’m the biggest hit! I’m the biggest hit, on the stage!”

As the loud cheers were heard throughout the arena she immediately rushed out to the stage, turning off her thoughts and just letting her body follow the rhythm of the song.

Taeyong breathed heavily as he got off the stage and immediately grabbed the nearest water bottle and drank from it. His stylist rushed to him and grabbed his leather jacket before wiping the sweat off his face and fixing his makeup. The other guys rushed to the other side of the stage, preparing for their next performance with the girls.

“Your performance was fantastic,” his stylist praised before she took off his red tie and ed the top two buttons on his shirt. “Now go out and do it again.”

Taeyong nodded and turned back to the stage, feeling his footsteps already match the rhythm. He kept his eyes on her and soon joined in the choreography.

“You’re still in a fake relationship with her, make sure there’s chemistry,” and “Don’t be too touchy or else your real relationship will be over,”  were the two thoughts running in his mind during their performance. Not long after he got closer to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, and the sound of the whole audience cheering echoed in the arena. They both breathed heavily while still holding onto each other and as the spotlights turned off he smiled at her.

“You did great,” he commented.

“You too, good luck with your solo performance,” she smiled encouragingly before letting go of his wrist and rushing from the stage.

Taeyong felt his lips curl a little and walked back to grab his mic as the next song was playing. “Are you ready Hong Kong!?”

———————————————

“What comes around, goes around.”

“What’s up with that big smile on your face?” Yerim asked her as they waited under the stage, preparing for their stage while also listening to Taeyong’s solo stage.

“What?” Seulgi said as if she had thought deeply about something and Yerim just snapped her out of it.

“You haven’t stopped smiling since your performance just now,” Yerim pointed out and Seulgi tightened her lips.

“Oh, no. I jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter