Chapter 30

Our Dating Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“What are you making?” Chungha asked tiredly as she leaned on the door frame to the kitchen, seeing Taeyong cut up some fruits.

“Pancakes, oatmeal, waffles, fruit salads...” he replied briefly.

A soft giggle escaped Chungha’s lips as she turned to look at the dining table, spotting the multiple plates filled with different breakfast foods. “He’s always so sweet,” she thought.

“I thought you had to leave early this morning because of your schedule?” she then asked and went to sit by the table.

“The practice got cancelled so I just figured I’d make you breakfast,” he informed her as he placed down two plates with different types of melons. “Bon appétit,” he said with his best french accent.

She smiled tiredly and began to dig in immediately, at how good the food was. However, when she noticed he just sat there with his hand clasped, looking down at his plate, she quickly swallowed her food and looked at him.

“Don’t you want to eat your amazing breakfast?” she asked and used her fork to grab a pancake and place it on his plate.

“I-” he hesitated and it somehow made her stomach drop.

She didn’t know why. He would probably just say that he wasn’t hungry or that he had to go somewhere and she wouldn’t mind and it would all be okay. But then why did she feel like something was very, very wrong and that whatever he had to say, she was not going to be happy with it?

“What is it?” she asked softly and dropped her hand on his, using her thumb to gently it.

“We need to talk,” he whispered and there was something in the sentence that made her one hundred percent sure that this would not end well.

A small voice crack indicating that he was tearing up.

“Babe,” she inhaled sharply. “Is there something wrong?”

He sighed. “I’m not going to lead you on with this, you don’t deserve any of that. I’m just going to be straight forward.”

She furrowed her eyebrows and pursed her lips together. “What is it about?”

“Us.”

“Us?” she repeated with a worried expression. “He isn’t going to break up with me, is he?”

He sighed. “I’ve been thinking a lot lately, and I don’t think this is working out anymore. We are not working out anymore.”

“What?” she spat out quickly and began to feel the lump in already. “What do you mean?”

“I just-” he paused. “It doesn’t feel the same anymore.”

“It doesn’t?- Babe, we haven’t seen each other for like a month because of our busy schedules. Of course it’s not the same because right now we’re really busy,” she reasoned, but it sounded like she was reassuring herself more than him.

“I mean, yes, we haven’t been able to talk as regularly or meet up but that doesn’t mean we aren’t working out,” she added. “We’ve just been busy.”

“No, Chungha. Listen to me,” Taeyong spoke and grabbed her hand. “It’s not that.”

“Then what is it?” she pulled her hand back and stood up, which made him stand up too.

“What is it that makes us ‘not work out’ anymore?” she asked with a hint of worry in her voice.

She was scared to death right now.

“I-” he paused again. He couldn’t tell Chungha about her, that would make things worse than ever. Instead, the words “I don’t know,” slipped out of his mouth.

“You don’t know?” she raised her voice, scoffing at him. “I really don’t know what you’re trying to say, Taeyong. I can’t understand you if you don’t give me a reason.”

Seeing him struggle to form his sentences, she crossed her arms. “How do you feel?” she asked.

“What?”

She rolled her eyes, feeling really tired of his bull. “When you see me, how do you feel? When you think about our relationship, how do you feel?”

He scratched his nape, furrowing his eyebrows as he thought hard. “I-I don’t feel butterflies when I’m with you anymore.”

“What?” she whispered, not wanting to register the words that just came out of his mouth. “You don’t feel butterflies?” she said and the lump in just got so much bigger.

“I’m not in love with you anymore,” he cut to the chase, swallowing his saliva and blinking rapidly to prevent the tears from forming. “I’m not in love with you anymore, Chungha.”

For most people, hearing those words would make their whole w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter