Chapter 25

Our Dating Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Because you have feelings for him?”

Seulgi blinked a couple of times, trying to master up her courage to answer Chungha’s sudden question. She cleared and looked her in the eye.

“I had feelings for him,” she answered. “I had feelings for Taeyong at the time, but then I found out about your relationship so I pushed him away and moved on.”

Chungha stared blankly at her and Seulgi didn’t know how much she suddenly sweated until she felt something wet and warm run down her forehead. She picked up a napkin and wiped her forehead gently.

“And have you moved on?” Chungha asked suddenly.

“Why is she so direct?” Seulgi thought to herself, wanting to get out of there as soon as possible. It really felt like she was being interrogated by the police. “I believe so,” she nodded. If that was a lie or not, she wasn’t so sure herself.

“Alright,” Chungha nodded and looked out of the window, sipping on her boba tea.

“But,” Seulgi then spoke up and Chungha immediately turned back to her. “I really don’t have any intention of getting between the two of you. That is something that’s very obvious and clear to me. However, I just want to tell you that Taeyong and I got into a big argument and I said some things that I really didn’t mean. And… I really want to apologize to him.”

What happened next made Seulgi frown. Chungha was laughing softly at her statement.

“W-what?” Seulgi stuttered, confused. “Why are you laughing?”

“You know you don’t need my permission to apologize to Taeyong, right?” she stated as a matter of fact. “Yet alone, be friends with him.”

“B-but, I thought it was better for me to ask,” Seulgi explained shyly, now looking down on her lap.

“No, Seulgi,” Chungha let out a small chuckle. “As I said before, I’m not here to tell you what you can do and what you can’t do. Sure, the majority of my recent arguments with Taeyong have been about you but…” she stopped, thinking over the things she was going to say.

“But,” she continued and looked at Seulgi. “That was because I didn’t know the things I know now. I thought you and Taeyong had a secret affair behind my back, considering how close you two were, but now that I’ve talked to you I know that it wasn’t like that. Therefore, I want to apologize to you, Seulgi.”

Seulgi widened her eyes and opened to say something but Chungha quickly cut her off.

“I won’t get in between your friendship with Taeyong and from now on I will never doubt any of you, because after this meeting I am certain that you don’t mean any harm. So, I’m sorry for ever thinking badly about you, Kang Seulgi.”

“I-” Seulgi was indeed speechless by Chungha’s sudden apology. Though, she must admit that it made her feel so relaxed and comfortable at the moment. During the whole time there, she had been tense and uncomfortable, worried about what Chungha was going to say. The whole time she was worried if Chungha was one of those crazy girlfriends but now she realized just how mature she was.

“I forgive you, Chungha,” she smiled and loosened up her stiff shoulders. “I should apologize as well, for not being clear with you sooner and for making you doubt Taeyong. I know just how much he loves you, Chungha.”

Chungha smiled warmly at Seulgi and nodded, “I forgive you too Seulgi,” she said and reached out her hand. “Friends?”

Seulgi shook her hand and smiled back. “Friends.”

——————————————

Seulgi walked tiredly towards her dorm, smiling as she thought about today’s events. As she was about to take out her keys from her bag, she heard her phone’s message tone and got the phone from her jeans pocket and unlocked it.

“What?” she furrowed her eyebrows as she saw a message from Taeyong. She thought he had blocked her number after their fight.

“He must’ve unblocked it?” she mumbled to herself and read the message.

19:47
Are you free? I need to
talk to you.

She felt her whole body stiffen as she read the message. Great, just as she had loosened up and had fun. Chungha told her during the ride home that Taeyong had called her earlier and gotten angry about their meeting. He thought Seulgi had initiated the meeting and was determined to tell Chungha how “cruel, stupid, and mean” Taeyong was and that she should break up with him.

“I have a bad feeling about this,” she thought to herself. She knew that if they met up he would probably scold her and that would lead to another one of their arguments. However, she really wanted and needed to apologize to him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter