Chapter 26

Our Dating Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi began to feel uncomfortable as she noticed his piercing gaze from the corner of her eye. She, along with her members and other groups in the company, was standing on the stage and looked over at the beautiful crowd, filled with multiple colors from their lightsticks. They were in Osaka for SMTOWN and had just gathered up on the stage for their encore stage.

However, as mentioned, she noticed him. She wanted to glance to the side just to see if he was actually looking at her or not. What if he was just looking right past her? Or at the other members beside her? But then again, what if he was actually looking at her?

It had been a few months since she confessed to him. She hadn’t heard anything from him and she hadn’t decided to reach out to him either. Mostly because they both had been busy, but she would be lying if she said she actually wanted to talk to him.

She didn’t.

That didn’t mean her feelings for him had subsided during these past months. However, she would only feel stupid if she tried to be with him or talk to him. She confessed to him and he didn’t feel the same. Not only that, but he also didn’t forgive her for her stupid actions either.

It would be both awkward and embarrassing for her if she acted like nothing had happened. As if she didn’t ignore him for months only to argue with him and then tell him she had feelings for him? Besides, he was in a happy relationship with Chungha.

Speaking of Chungha. She had been keeping in contact with her a lot and they had even planned on doing a collaboration for SM Station along with GFriend’s Eunbi and (G)I-dle’s Soyeon. Chungha had become a great friend to Seulgi and vice versa. Additionally, Seulgi was grateful they never brought up Taeyong as a conversation topic whenever they hung out.

“Oh, screw it,” she then thought at the thought of him. 

Turning to the right, she quickly got caught off guard as he was looking at her direction. She was hoping that he wasn’t looking at her and that it was just something behind her that had caught his eye, but no. His expression was unreadable and she immediately looked at the crowd behind him, trying to not seem suspicious.

Soon, the music started and her labelmates began to sing. Everyone spread around the stage and went to interact with the fans. Seungwan came to put her arm around her shoulders and Seulgi brought the mic to her lips and sang the chorus along with her.

“Let’s go to the other side!” she heard Sooyoung shout while pointing at the stage in the center of the stadium.

With a smile, Seulgi waved at the audience as she and the girls walked down the stage and toward the next one. But that smile quickly faded as she spotted Taeyong there, on the other side, waving happily at his fans.

She felt herself gulp but she tried to keep her composure. The smile plastered back on her face and she continued to wave at every person she saw. As they neared the other stage, they also neared him. Though she didn’t want to, she somehow couldn’t control the chuckle from leaving . He was making airplane movements and spinning around playfully.

“Silly,” she murmured.

They were only a few meters away from him but he didn’t seem to notice them approaching as he kept on spinning like a little child - Something Taeyong would regret as soon as he felt his right hand touch something. He stood up straight and almost stumbled as he quickly turned to his side, seeing he had bumped his mic onto Seulgi’s arm. His eyes widened for a split second before he instantly bowed to her, to them, staring at the floor while waiting for them to pass by him.

“It’s okay.”

Wait.

Did he just hear her voice or was he imagining things? He stood back up and began walking back to s, not daring to look back at her for confirmation.

—————————————

Taeyong wiped off the sweat from his forehead and neck, panting as he sat down on the chair beside Yuta.

“I heard you scratched Seulgi’s arm,” he spoke while fanning himself with a small catalogue.

“What?” Taeyong said with his eyebrows raised.

“Yeah, she began to bleed a little I think,” Yuta added and Taeyong felt himself sink in his seat, covering his face out of guilt and embarrassment.

“I have to apologize, right?” he said.

“Obviously.”

“Are you two done changing?!” they heard Taeil ask as he burst into the dressing room.

“We didn’t even start,” Yuta laughed and got up.

“Well, hurry up!” the elder exclaimed. “We’re going out for drinks with the girls.”

“Yes, captain!” Yuta said with a salute and went to change out of his stage clothes.

“With the girls?” Taeyong mumbled, looking at Taeil who walked towards him.

He sat down on Yuta’s chair. “Seulgi told me your microphone left a scratch on her arm,” he said, turning to Taeyong who let out a small groan.

“Yes, yes. I know.”

“Have you forgiven her yet?” he then asked in a whisper, making sure Taeyong was the only one who heard him.

After Seulgi’s confession, Taeyong had rushed home to tell Taeil about everything. He wanted solutions and comfort from someone older than him. Though it was only a year between them, Taeil was the only one who knew about their encounter that night. Not even Chungha had known about it.

He sighed. “I’m going to,” he said with a determined tone. “It’s been too long, already.”

“Are you doing it because you want to, or because you feel obliged to do so?” Taeil asked him, causing him to think twice.

“Both,” he then said after a while and Taeil nodded understandingly.

“Good,” he commented and patted the younger’s back. “Now go and get ready, we’re lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter