Chapter 11

Our Dating Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Red Velvet’s Perfect Velvet tops the iTunes Album Charts in 61 countries

Red Velvet’s Joy trends worldwide on Twitter with the hashtag #RainbowGirl

Red Velvet receives a perfect all kill after the release of their comeback Peek-A-Boo

Knetz bashes Seulgi for her performance at KBS MUSIC BANK and demands her to leave the group

NCT’s Taeyong trends on Naver following Seulgi’s poor performance

Seulgi bit her lower lip as she closed her phone screen and put it back in her pocket. She ped her bag and fished for her keys, opening the door to the empty dorm. She and the girls had gone out earlier to celebrate the success of their comeback but she had felt a big urge to just go home and rest after seeing the articles posted about her.

As she walked in and closed the door she felt herself leaning against it while letting out a big sigh. She dropped her bag on the floor and closed her eyes for a moment, just appreciating the silence for a while. She took a few deep breaths, trying not to allow the silence to let her overthink about the situation, but just allowing herself to relax.

She took off her coat and her shoes before making her way into the kitchen. She the lights and opened the cab, grabbing a glass and filled it with water. As she took a gulp from it, her eyes averted to the small basket that was standing on the kitchen table. It was a delivery for her that came just before she went out with the girls, so she didn’t have any time to see what it was or who it was from.

She walked over to it and took off the plastic wrap, revealing all the plastic bags full with snacks, a few boxes with pastries, and a few bottles of vitamin drinks. She grabbed the card that followed with it and opened it.

Congrats on your comeback. Make sure to take care of yourself, especially with your busy schedule.

-TY

A small scoff came out of as she looked at the card in disbelief. “You’re seriously so selfish,” she mumbled.

FLASHBACK:

Seulgi stopped and turned around as she heard someone call for her. When she got a clear sight of the person who was running out of the convenience and nearing her, she immediately rolled her eyes and began to walk away.

“Wait!”

Seulgi ran her hands through her hair before turning around, “seriously?!” she snapped at him. “What about ‘don’t talk to me outside of work’ do you not understand?!”

“I..” he mumbled before raising the small plastic bag he was carrying.

“You what?” she hissed, already feeling as if she could punch him right now.

“I bought you food and some drinks,” he told her and handed her the plastic bag. “I don’t want you to collapse like that again.”

Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows and just stared at him, not knowing what to say or what to feel. What was this about? Why did he all of a sudden care about her? Never in the past five years had he shown this kind of emotion towards her. And although many would have felt genuine happiness by having someone that cared about them, Seulgi could not feel any of it. Especially not from someone like him.

“Are you going to take it?” he then calmly asked her which snapped her out of her thoughts.

“You don’t want me to collapse like that again?” she asked him softly, as if she didn’t hear what he had just told her earlier.

“Yeah,” Taeyong nodded.

“Or you don’t want the public to think you’re dating someone like me?” she then asked him, but with a louder and angrier tone.

“Wh-what?” Taeyong asked her as he got caught off guard. Not knowing how to respond to her statement.

“You don’t want your fans to think you’re dating someone with a lower status. Someone who struggles with mental health, someone who smokes, someone who doesn’t know how to take care of herself, am I right?” she asked him.

Seeing as how he widened his eyes and didn’t know how to respond to her, she just sighed and her heel before walking away, feeling her eyes burning in an instant.

END OF FLASHBACK.

It had been one week since that day and not even once in those seven days had he reached out to her and told her that it wasn’t true and that he actually did care for her. That of course, made Seulgi confirm her theory and just the fact that he had the nerve to send the basket and the card made her blood boil.

She sat down on the chair and felt her back slump a bit. She then took another look at the basket and saw a few packs with Nicorette gum laying under the pastries. She sighed as she took out a box with macarons and popped one into . “I hate him,” she muttered with full, “but he’s right…”

She knew she had to make a change. Not for him, of course, but the public pointed out her poor vocals and her lack of energy on stage. And even though she kind of wanted to change to make a better impression on them, she was still going to do it for herself. Working hard only to have no one recognize it was one thing she couldn’t change. But working hard only to ruin it by smoking and not taking care of her body was something she had done to herself, and only she could change it.

-------------------------------------------------------

“Seulgi… Seulgi… Wake up.”

Seulgi groaned at the feeling of someone shaking her body and opened her eyes slowly. “What?” she mumbled as she rubbed her eyes before realising she wasn’t in her bed and that all of her makeup had rubbed off on her long sleeves. She looked around the room and noticed she was still in the kitchen, surrounded by her members and a lot of empty bags of snacks.

“Damn, you didn’t even drink a single drop of alcohol, how could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter