Chapter 24

Our Dating Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi felt her arms ache as she held up the two shirts in front of her. She examined herself in the mirror and groaned inwardly. Why was it so hard to choose a nice shirt?

“Pink t-shirt?” she spoke and held it in front of her. “White t-shirt?” she then said and held the other one in front of her.

“None,” she sighed and threw them onto the pile of clothes she had created in the past thirty minutes while she was trying to find a decent outfit to wear.

“If I don’t find a shirt to wear,” she mumbled to herself as she opened another drawer. “I’m literally going to cry.”

Time wasn’t really on her side this time either. She had to meet up with Chungha in less than half an hour and if she wanted to make it to the café they were going to meet at, she had to leave in five minutes.

The feeling of her heart beating rapidly made her scared. She was already nervous and could feel her palms getting sweaty and even an oversized shirt wouldn’t be able to hide her sweat stains.

What if her hands started shaking and she accidentally spilled a drink? Or spilled a drink on Chungha? Or what if she spilled soup on her?

Noted.

She would not order soup… Or a drink. Just a small muffin would be fine. Hopefully there’s a waiter there instead? That way she could at least order a glass of water without carrying it and worrying about spilling it.

What was she even going to say? What was Chungha going to ask her? Should she have prepared answers beforehand? That way everything would just seem a lot easier… Was she really going to meet her crush’s (who now hates her, let’s not forget about that) girlfriend who probably also has a strong dislike for her?

“I’m going to be late,” she sighed and just grabbed a random shirt from the drawer, putting on a wine red tank top to pair with her light blue skinny jeans.

“Are you leaving now?” Sooyoung asked as she stood by the door frame, watching Seulgi grab her bag and phone.

“Yeah,” Seulgi breathed out and checked the room. “Mask, jacket, money…” She mumbled, thinking she had everything.

“It’s going to be fine,” Sooyoung assured her comfortingly.

————————————————

Chungha watched the running traffic through the window. She had arrived at the café ten minutes earlier and ordered two boba teas and a slice of blueberry cheesecake that she and Seulgi could share. Does she like blueberry cheesecake?

Her eyes averted back to the watch on her left wrist for the hundredth time. Seulgi would be here any moment now.

It took two days for Seulgi to reply to her message. Chungha couldn’t blame her though. She was probably busy with her schedules or didn’t know what to reply. In the end she had agreed to meet up with her and that had finally calmed down her nerves.

The sudden sight of a black van appeared in front of her eyes and she could instantly feel the unpleasant drop in her stomach. Seulgi had messaged her earlier during the morning, informing her that her manager drove a black van. And the van parked outside was most definitely the one. 

She stood up and prepared herself - Brushing through her hair with her fingers, fixing her black cap, dusting off the dirt on her white t-shirt, straightening her black pencil skirt, and so on. Her eyes focused on the petite, masked woman walking out of the van and heading towards the entrance to the café. A small bell rang as the doors opened.

“Seulgi!” Chungha shouted. “Over here!”

Seulgi turned her head swiftly, scanning the room before spotting Chungha standing in the corner by the windows, waving her hand and gesturing for her to go sit with her. A nervous smile appeared on Seulgi’s face as she took quick steps towards the corner of the room. She bowed down before putting her bag on one of the chairs.

“He-el-”

. Her voice cracked.

Chungha let out a small giggle and sat back down on her seat.

“Hi,” she spoke and Seulgi cleared and sat down on the chair opposite of Chungha.

“Hi.”

“I just ordered this. I hope you don’t mind that I ordered a blueberry cheesecake,” Chungha said and Seulgi waved her hand abruptly.

“No, no. It’s fine, thanks,” she assured and smiled sweetly, hoping she could hide her nervousness.

“I hope this isn’t awkward,” Chungha stated nervously with a small laugh and grabbed her boba tea.

“You just made it more awkward.”

“I just made this a whole lot more awkward.”

“I mean,” Seulgi started, grabbing her glass of boba as well and took a sip. “I feel like this meeting is very unusual but it’s not awkward,” she half lied. Trying to ease the situation was something she could do. However, if what she just said was the right thing to say to ease the situation… She wasn’t so sure of that either.

“That’s good to hear,” Chungha spoke and scratched her nape. “So, uhhm.”

“Here it comes,” Seulgi thought and prepared herself mentally for whatever words that were going to come out of Chungha’s mouth.

“The reason I contacted you from the beginning was because…” She trailed off.

Seulgi waited patiently for her to find the right words. Meanwhile, she grabbed a fork that laid on the table and took a small bite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter