Chapter 3

Our Dating Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A yawn escaped Taeyong’s mouth as he sat up on his bed. He rubbed his eyes and turned to grab his phone from the bedside table. As expected, fifteen missed calls from his sister, ten voice messages calls from his cousin, twenty seven messages from his mom, and much more as he scrolled through his notifications.

He got up from bed and stretched his body before heading out of his room and to the kitchen.

“Yong!” Youngho rushed to him with his phone in his hand. “Have you read everything?” he asked while showing his phone to him.

“Be quiet, the others are still sleeping,” Taeyong answered as he filled his glass with water. “Let me see,” he then said and grabbed the phone from Youngho’s hand and read the words on the screen.

“Damn,” he murmured as he read every single headline on the website.

Fans notice NCT’s Taeyong and Red Velvet’s Seulgi lovely moment during Inkigayo’s Encore stage

[BREAKING]: NCT’s Taeyong and Red Velvet’s Seulgi reportedly spotted on a date last week

SM Entertainment confirms NCT’s Taeyong and Red Velvet’s Seulgi are dating

Red Velvet’s Red Flavor climbs up to the number 1 spot on every chart

Red Velvet’s Seulgi trends worldwide on Twitter

Red Velvet’s The Red Summer - Summer Mini Album surpasses 200,000 sold copies in just 2 hours

Taeyong drank his water before clicking on the first article. There was a video from last week’s encore stage of him smiling at her while she smiled back and clapped for him.

[+1029, -93] Taeyong smiled at her!! Hul, she’s so lucky~~

[+794, -206] They’re so cute together!~

[+1367, -109] Taeyong is so handsome!!

[+925, -176] Red Velvet? I’ll check their music out, the girl is very pretty~

[+1147, -42] Lovely moment??... They just smiled at each other..?

He moved on to the next article and saw pictures of him and Seulgi getting into the same taxi, and a picture of them in the café when she held his hand while smiling.

“Have you heard anything from the other girls?” he asked Youngho as he read the article.

“Y-yeah,” Youngho replied and Taeyong looked up at him with his eyebrows furrowed. “Why do you sound so worried?” he asked and Youngho took a deep breath.

“I talked to Joohyun, and the girls were happy that they managed to climb the charts and sell a a lot of copies. But…” he paused and scratched his neck.

“But what?” Taeyong asked, waiting for his answer.

“You should probably read the comments if you want to find out,” he sighed and shot him an unsure look.

---------------------------------------

[+2483, -1507] Who does this girl think she is? Stealing our Oppa away from us!

[+2836, -981] She’s such trash, I feel bad for both Taeyong and her members..

[+1934, -842] Tsk, I hope this girl rots in hell.

[+1309, -548] Who is she? She’s so ugly...

[-2093, -940] I didn’t know Taeyong actually had bad taste…?

Seulgi scoffed as she read the comments under the article about her dating scandal. The reactions were clearly negative and she couldn’t help but think why Taeyong barely got any hate? Wouldn’t the fans feel betrayed that he began dating? They always reacted like that with others but why not with him? Why did they only attack her?

“Stop it, Seulgi.” She told herself with a sigh as she threw her phone on the bed. Promising herself not to read any more comments and just enjoy her day off.

She should be happy though, right? The group’s comeback climbed to the first spot on every chart, making the group achieve their first all-kill and they had already sold 200,000 copies of their album.

But she didn’t feel any satisfaction at all. And that was understandable. All the sudden fame the group had gotten was thanks to a fake dating scandal, and not because of their hard work nor their talents. She felt rather disappointed than glad.

And the thought about having to get out and perform at the music show tomorrow and meet her new “fans” did not sooth her in any way. She was sure she had more haters than fans and that stressed her out.

Feeling the stress slowly taking over her made her eyes avert to a certain packet laying on top of her desk. She closed her eyes and shook her head. “I have to quit,” she mumbled to herself and walked out of her room, successfully avoiding the packet.

“Seulgi! Seulgi!”

As soon as she closed the door Yerim tackled her with a hug and showed her her phone screen.

“Look! We achieved our third all-kill, we’ve sold more than 300,000 copies, and our music video reached twenty million views!” the younger girl exclaimed with joy while jumping up and down.

“That’s great!” Seulgi exclaimed with a laugh as Yerim scrolled through the comments under the music video. “Look at the comments!”

Yerim handed the phone to her and she read the comments, a small smile appeared on her face as she saw the positive comments. There were comments praising Seungwan’s vocals and a lot of people praised Joohyun’s visuals and both Sooyoung and Yerim’s cute appearances. Her lips curled up more after every comment she read about her members until her eyes landed on one particular comment.

So Taeyong is dating a pineapple girl? What is this kkkkkk.

Her lips turned into a frown as she read the replies to the comment.

Right? I can’t believe Taeyong chose a girl like her. What does she have that we don’t?

It’s a shame to just have her i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter