Chapter 4

Our Dating Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So…” Seulgi trailed off as she looked at the fruit section. “What exactly do we need to buy?” she asked as she picked up a package of strawberries and put it in the cart.

“What do you want to eat?” Taeyong asked her as he picked up the strawberries from the cart and put them back on the shelf.

Seulgi pouted and furrowed her eyebrows at him and immediately reached out for them but got stopped by him quickly grabbing her wrist.

“Oh come on! Just one package!” she begged him and he let out a sigh.

“We can’t spend that much money,” he stated.

“Oh cut the crap!” she snapped, “don’t think I don’t know how much money you make!”

“What do you want to eat?” he asked her again, ignoring her outburst.

“Strawberries,” she told him and simply put one package with strawberries in the cart. “And bibimbap.”

Taeyong sighed at the girl in front of him and went over to the vegetable section. “We have all the seasonings we need already, so we only need the vegetables, rice, and beef then.” He told her as he picked the different vegetables.

Seulgi stood by their cart and watched him choose between a few packages of bean sprouts, not really knowing what to do until he turned around and saw her zoning out. He raised his eyebrow and another sigh followed. “Seulgi.”

“Hm?” she hummed and looked directly at him.

“Go and pick the rice and the beef!” he snapped and pointed at the other sections in the grocery shop.

“Are you sure you want me to do that?” she asked him with uncertainty hinting in her voice.

“Yes!” he sneered.

“You just made a big mistake,” she muttered as she pushed the cart and walked further into the shop. The girls always had one rule when it came to grocery shopping, NEVER let Seulgi do it. But he didn’t know that, did he?

“I better make him broke while I have the chance,” she smiled to herself as she headed straight to the sections with candy and snacks.

“This looks good,” she said and packed the cart with different packages of oreos, pringles, pepero, and toasted seaweed.

After a few minutes she had literally emptied half the store and filled the cart. “This is going to cost a lot,” she mumbled as she looked at the stuffed cart, kind of impressed that she managed to get so much stuff in the span of four minutes.

“But he’s paying so..” she thought and went straight to the cereal section.

“Are you serious?” she groaned as she saw that her favourite type of cereal were placed at the very top of the shelf. She stood on her toes and tried reaching for it, her fingertips brushed the cereal box slightly, but she was too short. She groaned and ran her hand through her hair in frustration.

She tried to reach for it once more and even tried to jump a few times in hopes of reaching it but failed once again.

“You need help?”

Seulgi turned to her left and watched an unfamiliar guy reach out for the cereal box.

“Thank you!” she exclaimed with a tired sigh as she took the box.

“You’re welcome, Seulgi.”

She widened her eyes a little bit in surprise. She was wearing her face mask and a cap so how did this guy recognize her? She couldn’t really tell if it was someone she knew because he was also wearing a face mask, plus a pair of sunglasses.

“Don’t be so surprised,” the guy laughed at her, “it’s me.”

As he took his face mask off Seulgi immediately recognized his face and a gasp escaped . “Eunkwang? I haven’t seen you in ages!” she exclaimed and gave him a little hug. “I didn’t even recognize your voice, and that says a lot.”

“I’m happy I ran into you,” he smiled and put his face mask back on. “I heard about your dating scandal,” he then stated and she gave him a slight nod.

“How are you holding up? I hope you’re not putting all your energy on about the haters,” he told her and her eyes hinted the smile behind her mask.

“Don’t worry, they aren’t getting my attention,” she lied and he nodded.

“I really wish I could stay longer to chat but I really have to leave now. I’ll call you later, okay? We should really meet up when our schedules are clear, Sungjae really misses Joy. But don’t tell him I said that.”

“I won’t,” she laughed and waved goodbye at him as he began walking away. “And thanks for the cereal!” she shouted. She turned and put the cereal box in the cart and began looking for the other cereal that her members liked.

“Seulgi.”

She smirked as she recognized the voice and proceeded to pick another box of cereal.

“What?” she said casually as she turned around and met the eyes of the disappointed guy in front of her.

“Are you serious?” Taeyong hissed at her and pointed at the filled cart.

She shrugged her shoulders and looked at the cart, “I guess.”

“This girl is unbelievable,” Taeyong thought and sighed.

“Did you even get the things we actually needed?” he asked her and she widened her eyes in realization and he sighed once again.

“Don’t get mad. We’ve actually managed to get through the day without too much arguing which is very good for my brain, and I don’t want to ruin that.” Seulgi told him as she looked through the things in the cart.

“I got the sesame oil though,” she then said and showed the bottle to him with an unsure smile, even though he couldn’t see it because of her face mask.

He sighed and shut his eyes in frustration, “we already have sesame oil. The only things you needed to get was rice and beef.”

Another sigh escaped his mouth and Seulgi rolled her eyes. “If you sigh one more time I’m literally going to strangle you with this bottle of sesame oil.” She told him and he raised his eyebrows.

“Didn’t you just say that you didn’t want to argue?” he asked her as she hid the sesame oil behind the cereal boxes since she was too lazy to go and put it back in its own shelf.

“I did.” She said and drove the cart towards the meat section with him following behind her. “But you’re just really overdoing it with your sighs,” she told him and picked up a package with beef.

“And by the way, I already got the rice.” She reassured him.

“Great, now we just need to return everything else that’s in the cart,” he told her and she glared at him.

“Come on! They have the new pringles flavour! And it’s limited edition!” she reasoned and another sigh escaped his mouth.

“That’s it! Where did I put the sesame oil?” she snapped and looked around.

“How do you think you’re going to strangle me with a small bottle of sesame oil?” he asked her and she shrugged.

“I don’t know I just said it out of impulse,” she said which made him roll his eyes.

“Yeah I figured th-”

“Shut up,” she interrupted him and held up her hand.

“What?”

“Shut up, I love this song,” she said as Bodak Yellow by Cardi B was playing all over the grocery store.

“Are you for re-”

“I said shut up!” she shushed him and put her hand over his mouth. “Okay, wait for it…” she said, waiting for her favourite part.

“Now she says she, gon' do what to who? Let's find out and see, Kang Seulgi!” she sang and Taeyong raised his eyebrows at her and shoved her hand away from his mouth.

“You really made that big of a deal only to sing two lines of the song? And replacing her name with yours?”

“Yeah! And those two lines only appears one time in the whole song!” she exclaimed.

“Okay, whatever let’s just go and pay,” he said and began walking towards the checkout counters. “What kind of grocery store plays that song?” he then murmured to himself.

“Wait!” Seulgi shouted and jogged to him, “so we can buy all of this?” she asked with her eyes widened.

“Yes, I will pay for this. We still have to go and cook the food and the sooner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter