Asking For His Hand

It's Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jiyong POV

 

I parked in front of the beauty shop, waiting for my Yeon to come out.

I called her,

“Hey, where are you?”

“I just parked outside,” I replied, “Are you all done?”

“Yes, give me a moment, I will be right there.”

I went outside to wait for her.

And then I saw that angel opening the door, and stealing my heart for the millionth time.

God, how lucky I’m to be able to witness all this beauty alone. 

“What’s wrong? Am I looking weird?” she asked as she was facing me.

I blinked couple of times nervously.

And then I found myself grasping for air.

She laughed, “Are you that nervous?” she held my hand, “You told me not to worry, while you’re the one that is shivering out there.”

“It’s because of… you.” I admitted.

“What?” she looked at me while blinking continuously.

“Y-You’re just so beautiful,” I told her and took a step forward, filling the gaps between us, “and that made my heart flutter so hard.”

She lowered her head shyly.

I held her head and left a wet peck on the top of it.

“God, you don’t know what just happened inside me upon just seeing you in front of me.”

“Am I that dangerous?” she smirked.

“You are the end of me.”

“Should I be happy or sad after hearing that?” she asked.

I stole a quick smooch out from her lips, “You will know the answer for that soon.” I opened the door for her, “Let’s go my woman…”

And by that we were on our way to my parents’ house, to introduce them the love of my life.

 

“You came sir,” the house butler and a team of the maids were welcoming us at the house’s entrance.

“My parents are inside right?”

“Yes, there’re waiting for you.”

“Let’s go,” I arched my arm for her, and she held onto it so tight that I could feel how tensed she was then.

 

Author POV

 

Taeyeon and Jiyong went inside, hand in hand to greet Jiyong’s parents for the first time officially.

“Oh, here they are…” a woman reacted as she saw them entering the enormous living room that they were waiting at.

Taeyeon was nervous, but the tug Jiyong did on her hand made her a bit better.

“Hello president, how are you doing?”

“How many times should I tell you to not call me president while we’re at home little boy?” his grandfather messed his hair up.

“Ah grandpa!”

“What little rascal?” he laughed.

“Ah, this is Taeyeon.” He introduced her then, “My girlfriend.”

They all looked at her in silence then.

“Hello everyone, I’m Kim Taeyeon.” She bowed respectfully. “Nice to meet you.”

“Welcome in here miss Kim.” The grandfather welcomed.

“Nice to meet you again president.”

“I think you should call me grandfather too.” He winked at her.

“Father!” Jiyong’s mother called.

“What? It’s the first time that Jiyong brought anyone home, so this won’t be just a simple meeting I guess.”

“Hello, mother, father, how are you doing?” she bowed in their way.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Kwon Minseok, Jiyong’s father.”

He was just as Jiyong described him, calm, classic, just a man from a drama.

“Nice to meet you sir.” She bowed again.

“She is the one that we meet at the hospital right?” his mother asked.

“Mom…” he eyed her.

“Nice to see you again, ma’am.” She bowed, “Sorry about that incident again.”

“Taeyeon…”

“It’s all because of me that Jiyong keeps on hurting.”

“It’s good that you’re aware of it at least.”

“Mom! Please…” Jiyong clenched his teeth.

“Where’s your grandma? Let’s go and have lunch all together.”

“The elder is waiting outside,” the house butler came in announcing.

“Let’s go then.”

 

“Hon, I’m sorry.” Jiyong whispered to her on their way outside to the yard, as they prepared the dinner beside the lake there.

It was an enormous modern house, with some touches of the traditional Joseon era houses – Hanok – back in days. How the lake was placed, and had a small bridge over it, and the flowers filling the place together with the pine and the cherry blossom trees.

It was just if they went into a shooting set.

“Don’t worry about it, nothing happened.” she smiled to assure him.

Then to find Jiyong’s grandma waiting for them outside while watering her favorite flowers aside the table they were supposed to dine at.

“Grandma~” Jiyong went to her and hugged her affectionately.

“Omo, my little one is here.”

Her laugh was warm.

When he pulled apart to introduce Taeyeon to her, she was faster, “Oh!”

“Hello, Kim Taeyeon-” then as Taeyeon lifted her head up from her bow, “Oh!”

“What is going on? You know each other?”

“You’re that young lady?”

“G-Grandma?” she smiled, “Oh it’s really you, how have you been?”

“Hon, what’s going on?”

First it shocked his parents and Taeyeon how freely he was calling her ‘honey’ in front of them. And then second, the fact that Taeyeon knows that grandma was unexpected as well. 

She hugged her, “I wanted to meet you one more time to thank you, and I’m glad that this turned out like this.” She smiled at Taeyeon.

They took their seats on the table.

“Wife, what is going on?”

“Do you remember when I came back home tired last week?”

“Oh, when you fainted at the street?”

“Yes,” she smiled at Taeyeon, “That young lady that I told you about, the one that saved me and took care of me then, is the same lady that I’m facing right now.”

“What?”

“Are you for real mom?”

“Is that true Taeyeon?” Jiyong asked.

Taeyeon just bowed her head shyly.

“Why didn’t you tell me before?”

“Why would I? I didn’t know back then that it was your grandmother.” She said.

“Ah right…” they laughed.

“Thank you dear, without you I don’t know what would’ve happened to me.”

“It’s nothing grandma, I’m glad that you’re fine right now.” She replied, “And I’m really sorry that I had left you alone then, I had an important schedule to attend.”

“I heard that you left your contact numb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter