Asking For Her Hand

It's Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

HELLO! HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING?

 

The next morning, Jiyong woke up to find her looking at him with a puppy eyes.

“When did you get up?”

“Just a while ago.”

“Ah ert Taengoo is back!”

“P-ert? You just called me ert for looking at you while sleeping?” she glared at him, “Then what do you call yourself that followed me to all my tour concerts around the world? You stalker-nim!”

“S-Stalker?!” he was hurt, “Is that my pay for being a devoted boyfriend?”

She held his face with her two hands and took a one deep peck from his lips, “Good morning honey~”

He brushed his eyes multiple times, “Am I still dreaming?”

She went in for round 2, but he was faster this time and took the lead.

 

“Are you ready?”

“Am I looking fine?”

“Why are you so nervous?” she laughed.

“How could I not be? it’s my first time to meet them.”

“Don’t worry, you look great in whatever you wear.” She gave him another peck, “You’re mine only!”

“Alright, I will change into the first outfit and come back-”

Taeyeon just pulled him, “You’re looking just fine, let’s go before getting stuck with the rush hour.”

“Alright, I’m going for real now.”

“Go! Go! Go!” she pushed him out.

 

During their drive, Jiyong opened the topic first, “It’s only me, I’m the only child.”

“Huh?”

“We agreed to talk about our families during our drive.”

“Ah right.”

“I’m the only child for the third generation.”

It was if she just got a new load on her shoulders.

“Don’t worry, my mom won’t splash water in your face and give you money to break up with me like in dramas.”

She laughed.

“She is strict in serious occasions, but in daily life she is like a little girl.” He chuckled, “She didn’t have anyone to play with or chat with all these years, so I really feel sorry towards her.”

She pouted.

“I’m really sure that she will like you the moment she meets you.”

“I hope so as well.” She sighed. “But I’m the one that hurt her precious son’s body…”

“You didn’t,” he her face gently, “I’ll do everything for you Kim Taeyeon, stop blaming yourself.”

She looked at him with a puppy eyes and smiled.

“My dad is a classical chaebol guy,” he smiled and continued, “He plays golf, read newspapers till now, only listens to classical music, he likes Japanese traditional restaurants.”

“I can picture him as it’s a common character from the dramas.”

“Yeah, but he is nice to my mom, they still quarrel together like a newlywed couple.” They chortled, “My grandparents are the same just an older version of my parents.”

She laughed.

“What about you?”

“I guess you can find all what you want from any website online.”

“Still, I want to know stuff no one else knows.”

“Hmm,” she thought about it, “I have an oppa, Jiwoong, and Hayeon my little sister in high school.”

“Ohh~”

“My parents run an optics store as a hobby.”

“Really? Wow! I didn’t expected that.”

“Why? Is it that shocking?” she bowed her head.

“No, No!” he looked at her, “That is really cool for real! It’s just like most parents of idols have restaurants or something like that as their job to spend their time with.”

“It’s my mom’s wish, and dad decided to run it together with her.”

“All my respect for him.” He nodded his head.

“He was actually a member of the neighborhood’s band.”

“What?! You must be kidding!”

She chuckled, “Really, I guess I got my talent from him.”

“Woah!…”

“Are you disappointed?”

“Why would I? I really can’t wait till I can meet them all.”

“Do you think you parents will approve on me?”

“Why would they disapprove?”

“You know like…”

He intertwined his fingers with her, “They should be honored that I got him such a beautiful, talented and one of the kind daughter-in-law.”

“I’m really worried about it!” she hit his hand.

“Kim Taeyeon, just tell me that you don’t love me…”

“What are you talking about?”

“Are you seriously thinking that just because my parents didn’t approve you, I will node and say yes I won’t love Taeyeon anymore and continue on with my life?”

“Then what will you do?”

“Of course I will run away with you.”

She laughed out loud.

“You’re unstoppable.”

“My love for you is what is unstoppable, it’s endless.”

She took their intertwined hands and left a kiss on his it.

“Miss Kim Taeyeon, you’re making our lives in danger right now.” He acted dramatically, “My heart is about to stop.”

“Hey NEXO, activate hands-off driving mode.”

“Hands-off driving mode is activated,” the car replied back, “Have a comfortable drive with me.”

“Ohh~ you’re indeed our company’s face.”

She rolled her eyes in sarcasm, and they laughed together.

 

After having a long drive for few hours to Jeonju, they arrived to her parent’s house.

“Mom! Dad! I came!” Taeyeon entered first.

“Taeyeon-ah!” her father went to greet her first.

While her mother went for Jiyong, “Oh my, what a good looking young man.”

“Mom…” Taeyeon got embarrassed.

“Hello mother,” he bowed, “Hello father,” he bowed to him also, “I’m Kwon Jiyong.”

“Welcome, welcome, make yourself at home.”

“Thank you mother, father.”

Then he brought the stuff he asked Park secretary to prepare last night.

“What is all this?” her mother was shocked, “Why did you trouble yourself like this?”

“It’s just a little, really little, the tiniest tiny bit of my heart for you…” he smiled widely.

“God! If all this is just the tiniest bit of your heart, then if I asked for your heart as a whole what would you do?”

“Mother, I’m really sorry,” he acted, “But I guess you have to wait for a while.”

They were confused. “Why?”

“Because the first one got reserved already, so I put my name already at the waiting list to do a transplanting surgery for a new heart soon.”

They all laughed out loud.

“What a funny guy you are~”

“Who is here?” Hayeon came in.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter