C.11.

Reparo

"For me it's always going to be her. No one but her." Soomin rolls her eyes at her best friend's antics, while the others are entertained by the details of their breakfast meeting.

"Aww. Soomin's blushing." Audrey teases, but the former pretends to work on her assignment.

"Oh for Merlin's sake. We know you're not actually working." Baekhyun points out and she admits defeat packing her things up.

"Fine. What do you want?" She reluctantly asks, choosing to snuggle closer to Hera.

"What did your dad say?" Jiha excitedly asks.

"He's not a 100% there yet, but he'll try to get there. At the end of the day i'm his daughter and my happiness is what matters most." 

"What about your mother?" Eunmi asks, causing Soomin to groan.

"That bad?" They joke, but the blush on her face causes them to get more excited.

"What. What did she say." Jiha asks.

"She gave me the bees and the birds talk." She softly mumbles, but everyone hears her and soon she has five enthusiastic learners at her side.

"No. Do you know how embarrassing it was. It was mortifying. I don't think I ever want to explore those waters." She shudders, remembering the animation videos her mother had her watch. 

They're about to ask more questions, but someone knocks on the door and Chanyeol pops his head in.

"We're watching a movie, if you would like to join us." Chanyeol asks.

"YES." Soomin yells, quickly running out the door and heading straight to the home theater, Yixing and Minseok waiting with snacks.


"You didn't tell me it was a horror film." Soomin pouts, watching Yixing try to rub the salve on his arm. She takes the pot from him and carefully holds his arm closer to her.

Soomin Nam is not a huge fan of horror and if she has to watch a horror film, you hand her an old pillow. Because the girl will latch to whatever is close to her, and claw her nails in it, unfortunately this time it was Yixing's arm.

"I'm sorry." Soomin sniffles, trying to stop herself from crying. Though the scratches hurt, Yixing barely complained and it was only when her finger beds felt moist, did she look to Yixing's arm and notice the wounds. Without disturbing anyone, the two discreetly made their way to the Mr.Zhang's lab.

"It's fine. It's just a few scratches Soomin." Yixing assures her, but the pout on her face grows deeper.

"Just a few scratches, Yixing, it looks like your arm was caught in the middle of a cat fight. Merlin. I'm sorry." Sniffing, she applies the salve and then working on wrapping his arm to avoid further infection.

"I know it looks bad, but I'm not upset about it. You don't need to be upset either." Yixing reassures her, sincerity oozing out of his eyes, and she can't help give him a small smile.


"Hey." Jongdae whispers, holding a mug of hot chocolate to the girl.

"Hey." Soomin doesn't look up at him as she takes the mug out of his hands.

"So." Jongdae starts.

Soomin sighs, "I don't know. I love him, but. We're young. At 15, we're supposed to be worried about our OWL's and NEWT's not potential life partners."

"I agree. Pureblood families tend to stick to orthodox traditions. Even after the second war, they're unwilling to let go of many of their belief's." Jongdae adds.

"I know. I understand some families have traditions, but why at such a young age."

"To stop us from associating or getting attached to someone that won't match up."

"I want to be a healer. I would love to work for a few years before I settle down and I've never even thought of kids. I'm barely a kid myself." Soomin rants, and Jongdae quietly listens.


"Why is it I always find you looking like a lost puppy at this mart?" Soomin teases,  walking over to stand beside Yixing.

"Why are there so many popcorn options?" Yixing ignores the teasing remark, he's still pouting at the several options of popcorn.

"Who's it for?"

"Jiha."

"Jiha. She just sent me to grab her a bag of chocolates." Soomin fondly shakes her head, before grabbing a box from the shelves. Yixing follows after her.

"How did meeting the parents go?" Yixing asks on their way back to the Zhang's.

"It was fine. His parents seem fine with it, but I'm afraid my father's a little heartbroken right now." She sighs, Yixing softly pats her head.

"I'll talk to him." Yixing smiles, she gently takes his arm to check his scars and thankfully it's almost healed.


Slytherin destroys Ravenclaw at the third match and no one's really surprised as the rumors about the train bullying incident had made their rounds. Jiha enjoys rubbing the fact Yoo and her lackey's were kicked off the Quidditch team and though Hera feels bad for them, her friends have no problem sending the Zhang's "You're awesome" letters.

Over the Christmas holidays, another revelation lead to a couple. Two days before the start of the term, all the teenagers had decided to watch a movie, since they had nothing to do. Well let's just say once they got there, the group was stupefied watching Audrey and Chanyeol shoving their tongues down each other's throats. Unlike Jongin and Soomin, those two have no shame in displaying public affection, which is why Chanyeol's friends and Audrey's friends have to suppress their urge to throw up as the two ignore breakfast for each other's tongue. Only when Chanyeol receives a smack on the back of his head from Professor Longbottom, do the two come back up for air. 

"You're gross." Jiha rolls her eyes,

"Stop being jealous." Audrey smirks at her, before she looks around the table and drags Chanyeol away.

"I'm going to head to class." Kyungsoo leaves shortly after, Jongin quickly follows behind him after a quick peck on his girlfriend's check.

"I still don't understand how those to got together." Eumni shakes her head watching Audrey and Chanyeol leaving the great hall.

"It was during the horror movie. Chanyeol got scared and Audrey protected him." Minseok chuckles, going back to his notes and food.


After rumors of Soomin and her friends ability to perform nonverbal spells makes rounds, the group seems to earn this unspoken respect. However, as time goes by the relationship between Soomin and Jongin seems to have become a last priority to the both of them. With the muggle fest coming up, Soomin's constantly busy at practice, while Jongin spends his time studying and Quidditch practice. 

"Jongin." Soomin runs to catch up to the boy.

"Hey." Jongin smiles, quickly interlacing their fingers as the two head to the great hall for dinner.

"How was practice?" Soomin asks. The rest of the walk is spend with Jongin complaining about his soreness and tiredness.

For the first time since Christmas holidays, the two have dinner together. None of their friends are there as it's a little late.

"This is the first time in over a month, we've had dinner together." Soomin sniffs, halting in her steps. 

"I know, and I'm sorry. We've both been busy since the term started and I know that's not an excuse, but I'll make it up to you. I promise. I love you Soomin. I love you so much." Jongin tightly hugs her.

True to his promise Jongin makes up, by having atleast one meal per day together and finding time to take her out on a date at least once a week.


"Thank you for helping me." Jongdae repeats for the 100th time as Soomin and Yixing lead him to their practice room.

As they're nearing the door, loud yells echo through and Soomin freezes hearing the voices causing the two boys behind her to stop as well.

"You don't understand. How do you think I feel, watching you with someone else? Have you ever considered my feelings?" Jongdae gasps recognizing the voice, but the next voice causes him to freeze.

"I don't want to. You know that. You know it's because of my family. I'm doing this to keep the both of us safe." A softer voice and much calmer voice is heard.

"Watching you with someone else hurts more." Sobs can be heard.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I'm not brave and I'm sorry for treating you like a dirty secret. I'm sorry." The soft voice tries to calm the other down, but that only causes more sobbing.

"Yet, that's exactly how I feel and you know what's pathetic, I'm willing to be your dirty secret. I'm willing to remain hidden if it means I get to keep you by my side. I love you too much to lose you." The first voice cries, the sobbing has reduced slightly.

"Don't say that. You're much more than that. Don't lower your worth for me. You deserve someone better. Someone's who's not scared to proudly present you to the world and take pride in being by your side and I'm trying my best to get there. B-but I'm afraid of my family's reaction. I know how much you cherish my family and I don't want them to hate you."

"J-" No more words are heard, but rather the sounds of lips smacking and someone hitting the wall and Jongdae snaps out of his daze and storms to the doors. Soomin grabs a hold of his arm before he can open the door and he turns to her, seeing the fear in her eyes makes him realize she knows about the two and that angers him more, causing him to slam the door open and yelp as a robe with yellow lining lands on his face.

"Which one of you would like to explain this to me?" Jongdae startles the two boys, a loud pop is heard as the two hurriedly pull away from each other.


I'm sorry if this makes you uncomfortable, but this has been in the plot since day one.