C.17.

Reparo

"Would you like to stop by for some ice cream?" Mr. Nam asks his daughter. The father-daughter duo and the Zhang family sans Mrs.Zhang have just finished up their back-to-school shopping.

Soomin contemplates the idea for a second, before she shakes her head, before she's back to listlessly staring at the crowd.

"Rather than ice cream, how about we go for some dessert?" Hera suggests and Soomin manages a sad attempt of a smile. Her family is more than willingly to take it.

"Jongin Kim. Stop right there." The loud yell has Soomin brought to a halt and she almost suffers from whiplash at turning her head so quick. However, the tall crowds obstruct her view of a certain tan male, along with Hera dragging her forward and Yixing protectively, yet subtly blocking her view off.

"I'm in mood for some waffles." Hera tries her best to distract her with mindlessly topics, but the younger finds her thoughts going back to the night, almost a month ago.

"I miss him." Soomin whispers, quickly wiping at the corner of her eyes, before she looks back once more at the heavily crowded street and this time she does manage to catch a hint of his side profile, before he's dragged out of her sight.


Flashback

Night of the ball. ~ A month ago.

"Why is this place so big?" Soomin mumbles, trying to find her way through the hallways. In her need to find a powder room, she separated from her group and is now unable to find her way back to the ballroom.

"Soomin." The soft call of her name, causes her to stop right in middle of the hallway and turn to watch Jongin running to her. His eyes shine with unshed tears as he pulls her close to him. She tries to push him back, but that only causes him to tighten his arms around her waist as he whispers his affection for her.

"i know I'm in the wrong, but you have to know, I never wanted to hurt you." Jongin whispers, planting a kiss on her lips.

"I really do love you. Soomin." Jongin cries, pulling her back into his chest as he lays more kisses on her head and her shoulders.

Soomin is unable to express anything and she stands still, letting Jongin hold her.

"Soomin. you have to give me a chance. Please." Jongin begs, laying his cheek on top of her head. The male is at the end of the rope as Soomin has yet to bring her arms to wrap around him.

"I-I-I ------" "Get away from her." Jongin is pulled away from her and she's meet with the back of Jiha's head, while Eunmi and Seungwan are quick to shield her from the view as the rest of her friends join Jiha to stand protectively in front of her.

"I need to talk to her. She needs to know, why I'm doing this." Jongin begs his siblings, but all he gets is a scoff from them.

"You have no right to talk to her. And there's no reason for you to justify hurting her." Jongdae answers.

"Soomin, please." Jongin turns to her and the girl refuses to raise her head to look at him.

"Jongin, there you are." Minseok casually walks up to the group, "Rachel seems to be looking for you." The Slytherin smirks, causing Jongin to pale and in retaliation he jumps to attack Minseok, but the older is faster and dodges the attack, resulting in Jongin landing on the floor with a loud thud.

"How dare you." Jongin yells, dusting himself, before once again going after Minseok, but the star of the night, is quick to intervene.

"Jongin, I think you've caused enough drama." Kyungsoo calmly says, before throwing a look behind him. Sehun and Junmyeon appear behind the shorter male and are quick to drag Jongin away.

"You could have been nicer." Jiha rolls her eyes at Minseok, before she turns to join her friends fussing over Soomin.


--------Present--------

Soomin is wandering through the supermarket, when she finds herself chuckling at the extremely familiar scene in front of her. There stands Yixing looking like the confused puppy he is, as he looks at the contents on the shelf carefully.

"Boo." Soomin uses this opportunity to scare Yixing for once, but the boy merely smiles at seeing her.

"Oh, Hello. What are you doing here?" Yixing asks,

"How can I not scare you." Soomin rolls her eyes.

"maybe next time." Yixing politely says, before turning back to the shelf of sweets.

"What does Chanyeol want now?" Soomin asks, knowing the male is here on behalf of his cousin.

"Nothing, I preferred to leave. Seungwan is over and my presence doesn't matter much." Yixing pouts.

"Well, if you're free, come home with me. Ever since the ball, Mom and Dad have been insufferable with their attempts to 'cheer' me up." Soomin suggests.

Seeing Jongin with another girl on his arm at the ball, gave the parents a decent idea on what might have happened between the young couple. However, neither parent had the courage to talk to their daughter and though they try to be subtly about finding things to cheer their daughter up, there's only so much one can take.


Needlessly to say, the Nam's were more than happy to have Yixing over.


"Look who we have here." A harsh pull on her arm has Soomin stumbling on her feet.

"What do you want Yoo?" Soomin tirelessly asks, not wanting to deal with Rachel along with the major headache she has right now.

"Finally you know, Jongin has always been mine. All you were, was a thing to pass time. God, he really had you fooled, didn't he." Rachel smirks, roughly pushing Soomin to the wall, causing her to hit her head.

"I don't have time for your useless bullying." Soomin tells the girl, before stomping past the smug Ravenclaw.

In her hurry to find her friends, she crashes into someone, but before an apology can escape her, she feels the hand on the back of her head pull away, only to release a gasp.

"What happened to you?" Jongin asks, noticing the red liquid on his fingers. Soomin attempts to pull her arm out of his grasp.

"Baby. Who did this to you?" Jongin asks again, but the girl shoves at him, Rachel's words fresh in her mind.

"Soomin." She hears him call after her, but doesn't dare to slow down, until she's with her friends.


"You should have let the prefects do their job." Jiha mumbles, watching Madam Longbottom clean Soomin's wound.

"Honestly, I just want this year to pass by peacefully. I've had enough of Rachel and her cronies." Soomin winces as a salve is applied to her wound.

"But." Jiha tries to argue, but a look from her twin stops her from commenting any further.


Somehow Soomin manages to avoid Jongin and Rachel for the few weeks of the term and she considers it her luck, since she knows Jongin has been actively seeking her out, along with writing her several letters, though her friends prove to be quite a strong group of bodyguards. However, Soomin still can't stop the randoms bursts of emotion she gets, as she recalls the memories she's shared with Jongin at certain corners of the castle. But she does her best to not show those emotions to her friends, because she honestly feels pathetic, it's been months since she's spoken to her ex-boyfriend and she still can't find herself from bursting into tears at the thought of him.

That's why she finds herself sneaking out of the common rooms, much after her curfew and wandering through the hallways.

"Soomin." She's startled out of her thoughts as the person she's been thinking about appears in front of her.

"Please. Let me explain." Jongin begs, though he doesn't give her much of a choice as he drags her into a nearby storage room.

"Soomin, you have to know. I love you. I truly do and your blood status has never mattered to me." Jongin starts, he attempts to hold her hand and she doesn't make a move at pulling back, which puts a small grin on the Ravenclaw's face.

"However, my grandparents are still set in the old ways. You have to understand, I respect my grandparents a lot. They mean the world to me and I can never go against them. When they found out, you were a half-blood with a muggle father, they were less than impressed and immediately set me up with a close family friend and I played along, because I couldn't hurt them. And I know in the process I hurt you, but that was never my intention. At first, we only exchanged letters, I refused to associate with her, but my grandparents got more involved and I was forced to spend more time with her. Even now, I hate spending time with her, I hate everything about her, but because of my grandparents, I'm coerced into accepting her. But you have to know Soomin, I love you. She means nothing to me, other than keeping my grandparents happy." Jongin explains, tightly wrapping his arms around Soomin.

"You never once told me about your grandparents." Soomin whispers, but the words echo in the tiny space.

"They can be quite cruel at times." Jongin says,

"Or you were ashamed to talk about me." Soomin concludes, and the stiffening of the male is her answer and she pushes him away.

"If you truly loved me, you would have told me about them. We could have worked together to get your grandparents to accept us. Your parents were fine with us, but that didn't matter to you. There's so many things you could have done, yet you choose the coward's method. However I won't. For the past few months, I've been missing you like crazy. While you've been entertaining Rachel Yoo, rather than show me that you truly cared for me. I have nothing more to say to you other than, Good Bye." Soomin manages to say, before she runs out of the suffocating space.


In her hurry to get away from the scene, Soomin doesn't notice her feet leading her to the greenhouse or the potted plants and she suffers a minor fall, leading to a tear on her shoe, along with a small tear on her robe.

The tears blur her view, but she still pulls out her wand and points it to shoe first.

"Reparo." Nothing,

 

"Reparo" The pots refuse to mend, so she tries once again pointing the wand at her shoe.

 

"Reparo, you stupid shoe" The young witch yells, but nothing happens, other than fresh tears streaming down her cheeks.

 

"Reparo." A soft voice says, and her shoes are back to their original state. Another spell is mumbled and the tears on her shoe and robe are quick to stitch themselves back.

 

The soft sigh confirms the identity of her 'saviour' as he carefully gets on the floor, next to her, crisscrossing his legs and just sitting there.

 

The minute, Soomin makes a small noise, the Slytherin prefect is quick to mumble "Muffliato". The boy wraps an arm around her shoulder, and Soomin is quick to lean into the warmth provided. Knowing she's free to cry, she doesn't hesitate to sob loudly. However, because it's Yixing, she knows, she can let go off the tears because he won't judge her.

 

By the time, she's calmed down, she's managed to find her way to Yixing's lap, with the male holding her securely. However, Yixing also seems to have managed to doze off on the cold, hard floor with a sobbing mess in his arms.

 

"thank you." Soomin mumbles, planting a kiss on his cheek, before she removes herself from his lap and gently nudge him awake.


"Good morning." Soomin chirps, smiling at her friends, and plopping into the seat next to Yixing. The people at the table turn to her three housemates, but all of them simply shrug.

"She's been in a much better mood this morning." Eunmi tells the group, as Soomin looks over the breakfast spread.

"Good morning." Sehun greets, followed by Kyungsoo and they're surprised at the pleasant change in Soomin's mood as well.

Junmyeon joins the table with a slight frown and his boyfriend is quick to pick up on it and through subtle glances, they see a dishevelled Jongin on the Ravenclaw table. 

"What's wrong with him?" Jiha voices out, noticing her always proper brother, look as if he's hit by the whopping willow.

"You guys should be there for him. Regardless of what happened between us, he's still your friend first and foremost." Surprisingly, it's Soomin who says that, avoiding looking at ex, while he himself is staring at her.

"If you'll excuse us." Sehun gets Jongin's attention and points towards the huge double doors and the Ravenclaw scrambles to his feet, to catch up with his friends.

"Did something happen between the two of you?" Jiha warily asks,

"I'm honoured you have chosen to side with me, and to go against your brother, but he's still your family and though his decisions have hurt me, you shouldn't let that blind you from his pain. I think the two of you need to talk to him." Soomin tells the Kim twins.


"Soomin, Do you mind, letting me partner up with Yixing?" A girl walks up to Soomin, in the changing rooms.

"Pardon?"

"It's just, I've been wanting to get to know him more and this is the only time, I might be able to talk to him." The girl states,

"Oh. Okay." Soomin agrees. And she keeps the agreement, choosing to partner up with Minseok, while his usual partner Jiha is already giggling in the corner with a fifth-year Slytherin.

Minseok is not really talkative and chooses to focus on the instructions, though for some reason he seems to be in a terrible mood throughout their three hour practice and once the group is dismissed, he's heads straight out the door, not bothering to clean up.

"What's with him?" Sehun mutters, though Eunmi seems to have a knowing look on her face.

"Your partner seems quite interested in you" Sehun chuckles, as the four are heading for dinner. Jiha ran off with the fifth year.

"Lillian? Really. I don't think so." Yixing dismisses, though Sehun catches the glance he throws the pair walking ahead of them.

"You know it's going to be difficult, right?" Sehun asks, to which Yixing sighs,

"I've resigned my faith to cherishing her from afar." Sehun doesn't understand, nor does he get a chance to ask him to clarify as the girls pull them into a conversation.