C.6.

Reparo

"What's a veela?" Soomin discreetly asks Jongdae as the two are walking behind Eunmi and Baekhyun for breakfast.

"Who told you?" Jongdae questions.

"You know?" Soomin questions him, rather than answering him.

"I was born and raised in the wizard world." Jongdae rolls his eyes,

"Jongdae." She whines,

"Meet me at our spot during free period." He sighs noticing the others already started on their breakfast.


"So, Veela's are magical beings that have effect on males?" Soomin looks confused as Jongdae exhales.

"Yes, they're semi-human magical beings often described as incredibly beautiful women, with moon-bright skin and white-gold hair that fans out behind them despite the absence of wind. They have the ability to hypnotise and mesmerise most men with their seductive dance, who will then try to impress them." Jongdae repeats, causing Soomin to pout.

"But Hera has tan skin, and Yixing has brown hair and the obvious being he's a male." Soomin argues,

"First of all, being Veela's don't have to be females only, there's male females as well. Hera and Yixing are quarter-veela, because their mother was a half, however I don't think they have any Veela powers." Jongdae explains.

"Then why is everyone so mean to them?" Soomin whispers, though Jongdae manages to hear it.

"That's because people are stupid and they judge things too quickly." Jongdae answers.

"Let's go or we're going to be late for potions." Jongdae says, before Soomin can ask another question.


"Pair up wisely, the person you choose today will be your partner during for the ball as well." Riley says, as soon as they're done stretching.

Jiha squeals as she turns her heart eyes on Yixing at the end of the room. She nudges Eunmi and Soomin before she's bouncing towards Yixing.

"Are you going to ask Sehun?" Soomin asks her dorm mate, the girl shyly nods, before hesitantly walking over to the pale-skinned male.

"Do you mind partnering up with me?" Soomin jumps at the closeness of the voice, turning to see an apologetic Yixing behind her. She looks over his shoulder and notices Minseok and Jiha already in position.

"Sure." She smiles after Jiha turns to give her a quick smile.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." Yixing carefully wraps his hand around her waist.

"It's fine. I startle easily that's all." She smiles, just as Riley turns on the music.


"Where's Hera?" Seungwan asks joining the 6, on their usual corner in the library.

"She went to find you." Audrey says, causing everyone to stop and listen to the conversation.

"I didn't see her." Seungwan claims and the next moment Jongdae and her are running out of the library and soon the others follow back.


"Why does your family think it's okay to show up here? Didn't they try and destroy China enough?" The Raven claw girl sneers as she keeps Hera hanging on the wall.

"Rachel can you hurry up and finish this, it's going to be curfew soon." Another Ravenclaw leaning on the wall, looking extremely bored says,

Rolling her eyes, The Raven claw turns her wand against the Slytherin, "Stupefy"

"Expelliarmus" Jongdae points at the Ravenclaw, Audrey manages to catch the Raven claw's wand while the others quickly head over to Hera.

"Give me back my wand." Rachel demands, but Jongdae glares down at her forcing her to slightly back off.

"You can get it back from the headmistress, herself." Jongdae stuffs the wand in his robes and turns to carry Hera bridal style, heading straight to the infirmary.

"Jongdae Kim, why are you defending that. She's not even completely human." Rachel yells,

Jongdae doesn't even pause, knowing someone is going to answer back to her, "Say one more word against Hera and I will personally make it my life goal to tutor all my house mates, so you don't even make it on the Top 10, ever again." Jiha doesn't disappoint, hitting Rachel where it'll hurt the most, which just so happens to be her grades. Even though she's a Raven claw she's always being beat by the others and many times Hera just soo happens to be on the absolute top of the list.

"You guys better pray, Slytherin's have mercy on you after they find out you've hurt on of ours." Seungwan warns, while the others can only glare and follow behind.


"What's wrong?" Madam Pomfrey asks, leading Jongdae to a bed so he can lay Hera down.

"She was stupefied by a few students, I have the names and the wand belonging to second year Raven claw Rachel Yoo." Jongdae notes off, as the Healer focuses her attention on her patient.

"Thank you, Mr.Kim. I will be having a word with these girls, however it's curfew, so I would suggest you guys head to bed." Headmistress McGonagall tells them and immediately there are protests from the group of second years.

"Headmistress, in light of recent events, I don't suggest it's good to leave Hera alone." Jongdae argues, causing the elder to almost roll her eyes.

"I will allow for Mr. Kim and Ms. Nam to stay by Ms. Zhang's side for the night." Protests are heard again, but she threatens them to not allow Jongdae and Soomin and all protest dies down.

After lengthy goodbyes, Jongdae and Soomin are left alone.

"What did Rachel mean about her family destroying China?" Soomin questions, but the way Jongdae slumps in his chair tells her, he's not really up for that conversation so she lets it go and chooses to curl up next to Hera, while Jongdae stays on the other side.


Soomin is woken in the middle of the night by the rustling of the curtain around them. She has her wand out and ready even before the figure can push back the curtains, only to sigh in relief as an auburn head pops in revealing Yixing.

"What are you doing here?" Soomin whispers as the boy quietly walks over to the bed.

"I couldn't not see my sister." Yixing frowns, looking at the bruises on Hera's body.

"Sorry," Soomin quietly stands, allowing for Yixing to hold his sister's hand.

"Thank you for protecting her." Yixing whispers after a few minutes of silence.

"I honestly did nothing. Jongdae is the one who found her." Soomin replies, turning to look at the her fellow housemate.

"I'm in his favor then." Yixing nods to himself.


"Woah, what's will all the glares?" Jongin teases, as his friends and him join the second years for breakfast, Baekhyun and Eunmi took over watching Hera.

"Your stupid housemates attacked Hera last night, due to which she's stuck in the infirmary." Jiha fumes at her brother. He honesty looks terrified of his younger sister.

"I'm sure, you're just exaggerating. Eagle's are above touching snakes." Seungwan literally hisses, while everyone else turns to glare at him.

"Well, not these eagles, because I saw them stupefy one of my closest friends and leave bruises on her." Jongdae jeers before standing and walking out of the great hall, followed by Seungwan.

"I'm sure he's mistaken. No one in our house would resort to petty violence." Jongin rolls his eyes, just as the Headmistress takes the stand.

"An unfortunate event took place yesterday, resulting the hospitalizing of one of the students. Bullying is not tolerated in the castle and is strictly reprimanded, for the acts of bullying 180 points have been docked fom Ravenclaw. After breakfast I expect to see Ms. Yoo, Ms.Maxwell, and Ms.Corner, in my office immediately.

Jongin's gaping at the headmistress, while the others on the table have smug smirks on their faces and many of the Ravenclaw's are groaning and mumbling.

"I'm sure the snake did something to provoke them." Jongin tries to reassure himself,

"I'm disappointed in you." Jiha shakes her head at her brother, before she's walking out. Soomin throws him a disappointed look as well, before she's following after Jiha.

"You idiot." Sehun tsks, looking over his best friend, who's currently throwing puppy eyes at the retreating back.

"Let him be." Junmyeon shakes his head, while Kyungsoo focuses on his breakfast.


"Ge, I'm fine." Hera pouts, as her brother tries to feed her another bite.

"Just one more bite." Yixing pacifies, but the younger refuses to open .

"Guys, help me." Hera looks over at her friends, who're all trying their hardest to not coo or laugh at the adorable scene. It's been a week since the attack, but Yixing is still being overprotective. The friends decided to join the slytherin's rather than their usual table. After every meal, the group also has to listen to Jiha squeal and fan-girl over Yixing.

"Don't you have to practice for the Halloween ball?" Hera asks, specifically looking over at Soomin.

"Not unless, you need to practice more." Yixing answers, Hera pouts at Soomin.

"I actually want to practice a bit more. I'm scared about our little solo." Soomin voices and Yixing's attention is turned to her.

"Oh. We can practice after I drop Hera off to the dorm." Yixing offers, Soomin looks over at Hera, but she's shaking her head.

"But won't take too much time. practice room is only open until curfew." Soomin squints, doing her best reading Hera's lips.

"We can drop her off." Jongdae rolls his eyes at the two girls, but after some more convincing the dance club members head their way, while Hera leads them to the library. Her excuse being "I need to catch up on Charms homework and this is the first night Baek doesn't have practice."


The great hall is unrecognizable as realistic props are hung all over the place, along with the tables moved to make room for the dance floor. The frog choir starts it off,  with the Muggle-Music taking over for next.

"Woh." Soomin exhales after she's backing on her feet.

"You did good." Yixing says,

"It was all you. You did all the lifting." Soomin smiles, before looking over his shoulder.

"That's a pretty necklace." Yixing comments on the peony necklace. Soomin gently touches the flower, before her beams at the boy.

"Thank you. I got as a Christmas present last year." She says, throwing another glance behind Yixing.


"You all did good. Headmistress was quite impressed, so now it's time to go and enjoy the party." Riley informs them, before they head for the dressing rooms.

"Jiha, let's go." Soomin tries to pull said girl, but she's stuck in the room waiting for the boys to come out.

"Let's wait for Yixing. I just want to see him. Please." Jiha pouts, just as the boys dressing room is opened. But to her disappointment, it turns out to be Sehun.

"What are you still doing here, Let's go." Sehun says, throwing an arm over her shoulder, forcing her out of the room.

"Thanks" Soomin whispers, Jiha is sulking but hearing the music from the great hall, she grabs the two girl's hands and runs towards it.


"You look pretty." Jongin blushes standing in front of Soomin.

"Thanks, I tried to go for a modern Cinderella look." She smiles, though Jongin looks really confused, not knowing you Cinderella is.

"Would you like to dance with me?" Jongin asks, while the girl nods her head quickly.

"I'm glad you like the necklace." Jongin comments,

"It's my favorite flower."

"I'm happy."

"You should apologize to Jiha and Jongdae, they're still mad at you. And I'm still slightly disappointed at the prejudice you hold against Slytherin's. I thought by know you House rivalries would be playful not something that results in hate." Soomin runs to her friends, leaving a dumbfounded Jongin in the middle of the dance floor. Thank Merlin for his friends, as they're quick to pull him to their side.


"With the catching of the Snitch, Hufflepuff wins the second match of the year."

That night, the  eight manage to sneak out of their dorms and meet in their hideout spot in the astronomy tower after midnight and celebrating with the food the four Hufflepuff's managed to get.

"It's sad Gryffindor lost, but we put a bloody fight." Audrey pouts, her dormate can only comfort her, while the Slytherin's look a little smug.

"Prepare to lose the next game as well." Baekhyun cheekily smiles at the Gryffindor's.

"We're meeting at the Kim's place this Christmas, Right? Mom wanted me to confirm." Audrey asks, the rest of the night is spend making plans for the upcoming Christmas break.


Sorry, for not updating sooner, but I've literally had no idea what to write.

Enjoy!