C.14

Reparo

"Here." Soomin snaps out of her daze as Yixing plops down next to her with a tray carrying a plate of hot cross buns and a two warm mugs of hot chocolate.

"I figured you needed this." Yixing smiles, handing her a mug, which she accepts with a small smile.

"Your mom is the best cook ever." Soomin moans, taking a bite of the pastry, causing the boy to smile at the smile on her face.

"Long day huh." Yixing clears his throat, shifting his gaze on the night sky.

"I did not see that coming." Soomin chuckles, 

"Chanyeol has always had a soft spot for Seungwan. Remember, during first year someone made her cry." Soomin nods, thinking back to the  incident,

"Chanyeol was the one who took care of the bullies." Yixing  reveals,

"Audrey and him always did seem like they were too good to be true."

"Speaking of relationships."

"I don't want to talk about it. I mean, we haven't fought or anything," Soomin starts,

"I actually wanted to talk about Hera." Yixing cuts her off, the younger chooses to stuff another bun to get over the embarrassment.

"Apparently, she broke up with her boyfriend. Do you know anything about it?" Yixing asks, Soomin can only shake her head.

"I don't know what's up with her recently, she seems so lifeless and I can't help think it's because of her relationship. But for the past year, she's been going through relationships as if they were clothes. I'm worried for her." Yixing sighs,

"I'm sorry, but I'm as clueless as you. Hera isn't someone who'll go to others with her problems and we've tried talking to her, but she remains tight-lipped."

"What about you? Are you dating anyone?" Soomin asks, causing the boy to blush.

"No one, I have someone I fancy and before you ask, no. I have yet to confess, though I'm going to hold on to my feelings for a while longer" Yixing rolls his eyes, watching the younger pout

"Fine" Soomin nudges his shoulder and thankfully he's done with his drink or they would have had a disaster.


"Do you want an owl?" Soomin startles, as Yixing takes a step away from her.

"You have got to stop scaring me?" Soomin mumbles, hand over her heart as she looks at the boy with his head hanging low.

"Yixing, I'm just startled. Don't look so down." She jokes, trying to lighten the mood.

"We might want to hurry if we want to catch up with our families." Soomin grabs his hand and runs to catch up with their families as they're walking down the heavily crowded Diagon Alley.

"You were staring at the owls, so I wondered if you wanted one?" Yixing asks, thankfully she's aware of his presence and isn't too startled with the closeness.

"I really do want one, but I don't think it's safe for me to get one." She sighs, watching the father's walk into Slug & Jiggers Apothecary, while Hera and Seungwan follow the women into Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions.

"Where do you want to go?" Yixing asks her,

"Jongin mentioned needing new Quidditch gloves, might as well look into it." Soomin nods to herself, dragging Yixing with her to Quality Quidditch Supplies.


"Where to next?" Yixing asks, once they're back in the crowded alley.

"We can join our fathers. I know you needed to get ingredients for some of your potions." Soomin surprised Yixing as she leads the way.

As they're about to enter the shop, a tall, tan male catches his eyes, "Is that Jongin?" Yixing questions, causing Soomin to turn to the direction he's pointing at, which happens to be Madam Primpernelle's Beautifying Potions.

"I think you might be mistaken. Why would Jongin go there?" Soomin shakes her head, pulling Yixing into the shop with her.

"I swear it was him." Yixing mumbles, though he forgets all about it.


"Soomin." Jongin beams, running to hug his girlfriend at the station.

"Jongin." Mr. Nam calling him stops the boy in his tracks, and he opts for a quick hug, before bowing to his girlfriend's dad.

"I didn't see over the holidays. I wonder why?" Mr.Nam asks, and unlike his daughter, he doesn't miss the look of horror that passes through Jongin.

"I was busy, Sir. My grandparents insisted on me spending the holidays with them." Jongin nervously swallows, before Mr.Nam turns to his daughter and pulls her for a tight hug and a with a kiss on her forehead he lets her go.

"You hurt her, and I will destroy you." The father threatens the boyfriend once before he pushes them to the train.

"Xing, keep an eye on her. I don't trust the little rat." Mr.Nam childishly tells the young slytherin, but the boy chuckles and agrees to watch out for Soomin.

"Sir, don't worry. I'll keep an eye on her as well. As soon as that kid tries anything, I will handle it." Jiha pats Mr.Nam's shoulder, before she's running behind the others.

"Jongin needs to be scared of her, rather than you." Mrs.Nam chuckles watching Jiha jump on Jongin's back.


"Seungwan, surprised to see you here." Baekhyun jokes, entering the cabin, followed by Eunmi.

"ha-ha." Seungwan rolls her eyes at the Hufflepuff.

"I didn't think Chanyeol would let you out of sight after the way he's been clinging onto you." Audrey teases,

"We don't need to constantly be together." Seungwan blushes. The door slams open, revealing the tall giant, who has eyes on only his girlfriend.

Her friends turn to her with teasing looks, but Seungwan ignores them in favour of her boyfriend.

"And we thought Soomin was whipped." Baekhyun earns himself a kick, and a smack on the head.

"I'm going to go find Jiha." Soomin stands to leave,

"I'll tag along. I wonder what trouble, she's getting into now." Jongdae mumbles, following after Soomin.


"Are Jongin and you fine now?" Jongdae asks, after a few minutes of silence.

"I don't know." Soomin sighs, "I really don't know." She softly sighs, looking through the windows for any hints on Jiha.

"What are the two of you up to?" Yixing teases, sliding open the cabin door and startling Jongdae and her.

"You have got to stop startling me!" Soomin says, holding a hand over her heart, while playfully glaring at the victim.

Said victim displays a beautiful dimpled smile and is forgiven quite quickly. "What's up?" Yixing asks, inviting the two to the cabin. Minseok nods at the two, abandoning his book.

They chat for a few minutes, before the younger pair remember searching for Jiha. Somehow the slytherin's end up tagging along as well. It's another 15 minutes of mindless walking, when once again Soomin is startled at the sudden banging of a door.

The four turn towards the noise and hurry to see what the commotion is about.

"I'll see you later." Jiha's voice echoes through the empty passage. The four watch as a slytherin boy exits the closet and after a quite passionate kiss, he turns the other way. When they turn to look at Jiha, she's staring at them with a slight smirk on her face.

"Who was that?" Jongdae asks,

"You'll find out later." Jiha winks, looping her arms with Soomin to drag her towards their cabin.

"Aren't you upset?" Minseok asks Jongdae,

"Huh"

"Her dating a Slytherin." Minseok says, but Jongdae looks at him as if he's grown another head.

"Of course not. Your house doesn't define who you are as a person, I could care less about his house, if he's keeping my sister happy. What I am upset about is how she's handling her heartbreak." Jongdae sighs, watching the two girls skip farther.

"Heartbreak?" Yixing jumps in.

"She hasn't told me anything, but I know my twin. She's looking for distractions to get over the pain." Jongdae huffs, running to catch up to the two girls.

The two Slytherin boys share a look, before they head over to their cabin.


"Who's that?" Jongin points to the male beside his sister, Soomin follows his index finger only to shake her head at the scene. 

"I'm not sure. She said she'll introduce us soon." Soomin tells her boyfriend.

"I've been quite busy haven't I?" Jongin says, randomly. Soomin chooses to not comment, especially since it is the truth.

"Soomin, are you mad at me?" Jongin asks, watching the girl quietly fill his plate up, trying to avoid his eyes.

"You won't believe this?" Sehun exclaims, interrupting the two as he plops into the bench across the couple followed by Junmyeon.


"Rachel and her cronies are teaming up on Hera and Seungwan." A young Gryffindor informs the people at the table and without a moment of hesitation, the 6 run to catch up to the young student.

As they make it to the courtyard, they see Rachel and the two cronies already have their wands pulled out, and with the way the two Slytherin's are knocked out on the grass, they conclude they've been stupefied.

"I have had it with you." Jiha yells, drawing her wand out, but her friends are quick to stop her, while Jongdae has the young Gryffindor run to find a prefect or professor.

"Honestly Jiha, I have nothing against your brother and you. Infact, I just want to warn you guys to stay away from losers like them. You're from an amazing family but these people will only taint your reputation." Rachel calmly says,

"Excuse you." Audrey injects, but one of the cronies is quick to point her wand towards the Gryffindor.

Eunmi draws her wand out, but Rachel is quick to cast a Disarming Spell, causing the wand to fly away from her, and also follow it up with another charm and after a few minutes, Eunmi is burping out slugs. Baekhyun is quick at her side, while Jongdae marches towards the three bullies.

"Who do you think you are to judge other people? I choose my friends because of their hearts, not their families. If anyone here is going to taint our reputation, it's going to be you. No one likes being associated to bullies." Jongdae sneers, pushing Rachel to the floor, while he kneels in front of his friends.

"What's going on here?" A deep voice booms, followed by running footsteps.

The third years quickly turn to the new voices.

"I asked what is going on here." Chanyeol asks once again, his eyes scanning around until they land on his unconscious girlfriend.

"Seungwan" Chanyeol calls, running to her, followed by her brother. Kyungsoo protectively stands in front of Audrey and Soomin.

The silence is broken by Eunmi vomiting another slug out, as her face continues to keep losing colour. Even though Baekhyun looks sick himself, he puts on a brave facade for the sake of his friend.

"I have honestly had it with the three of you." Jiha yells, attempting to once again launch herself to attack Rachel, but Junmyeon is quick to hold her back. 

"Why don't you guys head over to the infirmary, we'll deal with this and join you." Minseok suggests, without wasting a second, Chanyeol picks Seungwan up and heads off, Jongdae follows after with Hera tightly secured and Baekhyun helps lead Eunmi after them.

"That's not fair. Those two attacked us first and we were only trying to defend ourselves." Rachel screeches, but Junmyeon has already gotten a hold of their  wand. Handing the wands to Minseok, he has the Slytherin lead them to the headmistresses office.

"Are the two of you okay?" Kyungsoo turns to the two remaining girls in the courtyard.

"We're fine." Audrey answers, since Soomin seems slightly shaken up.

"Do you need to head over to the infirmary, or would you rather we follow to the headmistresses office?" Kyungsoo asks,

"Headmistress. I would rather get it over with." Audrey answers. Kyungsoo nods, before he cautiously follows behind the two.


"Are you sure you guys weren't mistaken?" Jongin wonders,

"Excuse me." Soomin looks at him betrayed.

"I mean, I'm sure Rachel and them were just joking around. Jiha tends to exaggerate things more than necessary" Jongin says, trying to defend his house members.

"What exactly did Junmyeon tell you?" Soomin asks, 

"Jun? He didn't tell me anything. Though I'm going to need to have a chat with him as well. How could he not listen to his housemates and side with the enemies." Jongin mumbles,

"You're unbelievable. We went to the headmistress and she herself deemed Rachel Yoo and her friends at fault. Do you honestly think she's choosing favourites." Soomin fumes, pushing his arm off her shoulder and storming out of the great hall.

"I'm sorry. Soomin. Why are we fighting over this? Can we please not?" Jongin gives her a puppy look and even though she wants to argue with him, she ends up giving in, letting him wrap his arms around her.


"Are you serious, why are they only getting detention?" Chanyeol's voice booms through the mostly empty infirmary, save for their group.

"Well, they've already been suspended from Quidditch, it's not as if McGonagall has another choice." Seungwan speaks, voice weak considering the spell was quite strong.

"They deserve expulsion or at the very least suspension." Jiha fumes. She's been angry ever since she was kicked out of the office.

"Isn't that a little too harsh?" Jongin voices, and all eyes snap to him, ready to attack.

"Harsh? Harsh is what they've been to my sister. Ever since the first day, those three have been going after my sister for no other reason than simply because she's a Zhang." Yixing scoffs, feeling the tension growing Eunmi discreetly retreats back to her bed, Baekhyun following after her.

"I'm sure that's not true. She could have done something to provoke their actions." Jongin tries to defend his housemates.

"Hera has never done anything to provoke them. She minds her own business." Jongdae defends, before pushing past his brother. Soomin runs behind him.

"When we got there, Yoo kept yapping about how 'people like them' will taint our reputation, since we come from 'amazing' families." Jiha adds, glaring at her elder brother.

"I see more than you realise brother." Jiha lowly whispers, before she pushes him away.


I know where I want this to go, but i don't know how.

So, this is what happens.