C. 1.

Reparo

“Dad, hurry up. I’m going to be late.” a little girl jumps out of her father’s arms as platform 9 comes into view.

 

“Soomin, Now just take your cart and run through there.” Her mother instructs her, as her 5 year old brother watches expectantly.

 

“Is it safe?” Her muggle father hesitantly asks his wife, watching his daughter zooming to the wall, as soon as her cart hits the pillar, she disappears.

 

Her father’s eyes widen as he tries to look for his daughter.

 

“She’s fine. Let’s go.” His wife calmly intertwines their fingers and runs with him and her son, through the pillar.

 

The place is bustling with people, yells and laughter can be heard along with the trains whistles as first year parents are tearfully bidding farewell to their children, while others are happily greeting their friends.

 

“Soomin, Mom and Dad will be waiting for your letters. Don’t break any rules. Don’t be scared. I know you’ll do good there. I love you, baby.” Her mother hugs and kisses her, before handing her off to her husband as she goes to look for someone, leaving her husband with a knowing glance.

 

“My princess, dad’s going to be missing you alot.” Her father has tears in his eyes as he tightly hugs her. “Don’t tell your mother, but I put a few surprises in your bag. It’ll be our secret.” He winks at her while her younger brother Minkyung clings onto his sister, peppering her face with kisses and tears at her departure.

 

Her parents bid her farewell watching the train slowly fade away, leaving when it’s finally out of sight and with tears blurring their eyes.


 

“Ouch. I’m so sorry. I wasn’t looking.” Soomin apologizes to the boy she bumps into on her way to find somewhere to sit. The boy dressed in green and silver, briefly smiles, flashing her a deep dimple before he's walking off.

 

“OMG. I’m so sorry.” She apologizes once again as she bumps into someone again.

 

“It’s fine. I should apologize I wasn’t looking.” The girl apologizes, as she looks at Soomin’s shoulder hesitantly, and that’s when Soomin feels the tiny feet, yelling bloody murder when she sees the toad making its way to her hair.

 

“Rice, Stop. I’m so sorry. He’s not new to this new atmosphere.” The raven-haired girl says as she takes the amphibian into her hands.
 

“Anyways, I’m Jiha Kim. I’m a first year.” She introduces herself.

 

“Soomin Nam. I’m also a first year.” Soomin greets, Jiha looks at her as if she’s won a lottery and tugs her along to a cabin, where four boys are joking around.
 

“Jiha, who is this?” The tallest one asks curiously.

 

“She’s my new and forever best friend. Soomin Nam. She’s a first year just like me. Soomin, this is my cousin Junmyeon and my brother Jongin, Jongdae, my twin, is probably with his friends. Kyungsoo Doh and Sehun Oh are Jongin’s best friends.” Jiha introduces.

 

Junmyeon and Jongin are wearing a blue and bronze scarf, while Sehun and Kyungsoo are wearing a gold and red scarf. Jongin and Kyungsoo can't stop staring at the new arrival, while Sehun has his nose stuck in what looks to be the latest Witch Weekly.

 

“Hi.” Soomin shyly greets them, causing the boys to softly smile at her.

 

“Hi. I’m Jongin. I’m in second year and I’m in Raven claw.” the tanned boy smiles, extending his arm which Soomin shakes, the older boys chuckle seeing her red cheeks along with tease Jongin as his ears pinken.

 

“I’m Junmyeon. I’m a third year, Ravenclaw. It’s nice to meet you.” Said boy also shakes her hand.

 

“Sehun Oh, second year. Gryffindor.” The boy greets without looking up.

 

“Hi. I’m Kyungsoo Doh. Gryffindor. Second year.” The boy moves his hair out of his eyes, causing her to gasp as she finally sees his eyes.

 

“Your eyes look just like my brother’s.” Soomin exclaims, causing Kyungsoo to blush and cough to hide his flustered state.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.” Soomin apologizes.

 

“Ah, no. I’m fine.” Kyungsoo smiles, causing Soomin to smile at him. The two turn their attention to Jiha, due to her loud gasp. Even Sehun looks up from his magazine.

 

“You two have like the same smile.” Jiha mumbles, as the two stop smiling before looking at each other.

 

“No we don’t.” Soomin refuses.

 

“No, you do. Jongin, Junmyeon. You saw it right. They both have that heart shaped smile.” Jiha argues.
 

“My mother also has a heart shaped smile. I’m sure many people have them.” Soomin dismisses.

 

Jiha tries to argue back, but their cabin door slams open as two guys walk in with their hands filled with snacks.

 

“Oh, hello. I’m assuming you’re a first year, since you’re not wearing any house robes. So am I. Hi. I’m Baekhyun Byun. Nice to meet you Ms.-”

The excited puppy asks,
 

“Soomin. Soomin Nam. Yes. I am a first year.” She chuckles as he jumps to greet Kyungsoo and Sehun with the same excitement. Turning around

she notices Jongin looking at her, but he quickly turns away noticing her looking back at him.

 

“Hi. I’m Jongdae. I am the unlucky twin of Jiha Kim.” Jongdae sighs heavily, teasing his sister and drawing her attention away from her chocolate frog.


 

“Wow.” Soomin can’t close as they stare at the approaching castle with glazed eyes.

 

“Careful, or you'll fall." She hears Jongdae saying to an excited Baekhyun. Who can't stop trying to look over the boat and see under the lake.

 


 

“I hope I’m sorted into Ravenclaw. What about you?” Jiha asks as they’re being lead to the Great Hall.

 

“Me. I don’t mind any of the houses. But If I had to guess, I might end up in Gryffindor. I’m not leaning towards any specific house though.” Soomin frowns, noting a trio snicker and point to another girl’s back.  

 

“Girls are so mean.” Jiha groans, purposely bumping into the trio to loop her arm through the quiet girl’s.

 

“Hi. I’m Jiha. You’re my second best friend after Soomin here. Soomin say hi to my second best friend- “ Jiha says, prompting the girl to introduce herself.

 

“Hera. Hera Zhang.” The girl softly says, causing the two girls to scrunch their nose.

 

“Zhang. I’ve heard that name somewhere.” Soomin loudly wonders, while Jiha turns to look at her with wide-eyes.

 

“Of course, you have. Who hasn’t.” Hera, humorlessly chuckles, freeing her arm from Jiha, but Soomin is quick to catch her and re-loop their arms together.

 

“I didn’t mean it in whatever way, you’re thinking. I’m sorry for upsetting you.” Soomin apologizes, causing Jiha and Hera to look at her surprised.

 

“It’s fine. You don’t have to pity me.” Hera says.
 

“But I’m not. I think you’re a nice person and I’ll like to get to know you.” Soomin declares, just as they’re standing in front of the professor as he begins to explain to the first years about the four houses.


 

“Let’s promise each other to never let our different houses separate us.” Jiha demands as the K’s are being called to be sorted. The two girls nod and before long Jiha is being called.
 

“Jiha Kim.” The hat says,

 

“Smart, quite worthy of Ravenclaw, but you'd be better off in GRYFFINDOR” The sorting hat declares, causing the said table to erupt in cheers, while Jiha happily skips over to join her house.

 

“Jongdae Kim.”

 

“HUFFLEPUFF” The male walks to join the table where his best friend is already waiting for him.

 

“Seungwan Kim”

 

“Her older brother is good friends with my brother.” Hera whispers to Soomin, as said girl walks up.

 

“SLYTHERIN.”

 

“Minseok and Yixing are both in Slytherin.” Hera points to a group of three males as Seungwan struts down to join them.

 

Soon it’s Soomin’s turn and her anxiety seems to be rubbing off on Hera as well.

 

“You’ll be fine. Whatever house, you’re placed in, I promise to always stay a friend.” Hera smiles, just as her name is called.

 

Huh. You’re truly quite intelligent, Ravenclaw would do you quite fine.

 

But Jiha’s not there.

 

Jiha, Hera. Ahh, Friends, I see.

 

“HUFFLEPUFF.” The hat sorts and she’s walking to sit by Jongdae and Baekhyun, she does notice Jiha’s disappointment of not being sorted into the same house.

 

“Hera Zhang” Soomin watches with bated breath as the hat is placed on her head.

 

“SLYTHERIN.”


 

Jongdae and Baekhyun make for great company as their walking down to their dormitories.

 

“The best thing about this whole thing is we can sneak off to the kitchen whenever we want.” Baekhyun exclaims as the prefect is showing them the “password” to enter their common rooms, which lead to their dormitories.

 

“Remember, Helga Hufflepuff.” The Perfect reminds them as they’re lead through the tunnelway entry.

 

The first years stare admirably at the common room. It’s quite cozy and warm with plants spread throughout the common room.

 

The boys and girls are separated and led through the big, round doors to their dormitories.

 

“Hi, I’m Soomin Nam.” Soomin introduces herself.

 

“Eunmi Michaels” The slightly taller, girl with long blonde curls smiles.


 

“SOOMIN” Jiha yells, running to hug her as they meet in front of the Great Hall for breakfast.

 

“Good morning.” Soomin greets Jiha ans Kyungsoo and Sehun catch up to the sprinter, while Eunmi, Baekhyun and Jongdae stand behind Soomin.

 

“Good morning, twin.” Jongdae rolls his eyes, while his sister ignores him in favor of dragging Soomin with her towards an empty table.

 

"I'm her brother, but do I get even a good morning. No." Jongdae whines,

 

"I'm here. Aren't I." Bakehyun cheekily smiles, dragging his best friend inside.

 

“Don’t we get to decide our classes today.” Baekhyun wonders noticing the slightly empty hall.

 

“Classes are chosen by Year. Year Seven are given first pick and then passed on.” Kyungsoo informs them, looking towards the entrance only to frown at the people walking in.

 

“HERA.” Jiha yells, getting said girl's attention, who honestly looks as if she wants to die from embarrassment.

 

Jiha’s not having any of that, and so she stands up and pulls said girl with her, which in turn results in Seungwan being dragged along.

 

“Everyone meet Hera Zhang. She’s one of my best friends and Seungwan Kim.” Jiha says plopping down to sit beside Soomin and pulling the two girls down as well.

 

“This is why you’re a Gryffindor.” Hera teases.


 

“Uh, Why do we have snakes sitting with us?” A groan sounds, halfway through breakfast, and the group turn to see Jongin glaring at the two said girls while his sister is throwing daggers at him and his cousin looking out of place behind him.

 

“She’s my best friend. So, of course she’ll sit with me. If you don’t like it, go find yourself another table.” Jiha scolds, turning back to talk to her friends, while Jongin looks at the two disdainfully, before he’s poked in the ribs by Sehun, subtly pointing to Soomin looking at him. He quickly smiles at her, pushing Jongdae to the side, so he can sit right across her.


 

 

 

What do you think?