C.22

Reparo

"I'm sorry, but I can't be with you."

The phrase keeps repeating in her mind, even a week later as they stroll through Diagon Alley shopping for school supplies. Soomin is following behind her friends, while they discuss the supplies needed for the year. Baekhyun is watching her to make sure she doesn't separate from them.

After the night in Seoul, Yixing has started actively avoiding Soomin, to the point where everyone notices the awkward tension between them, but the two simply smile and switch the topic. Soomin has yet to confide anyone in, not even her two best friends. She knows Jiha will defend her without a thought, while Hera is more likely to support her brother.

"Ice cream?" Eunmi asks, as they're nearing Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour.

"Let's go." Baekhyun agrees, pulling Soomin with them.

"Seung." Chanyeol waves at his girlfriend and her friends as they walk into the parlour owned and operated by the Park family.

"I'm not in mood for ice cream. I'm going to head over to Flourish and Blotts." Soomin excuses herself, seeing Yixing there. The Slytherin fails to notice her, too  busy smiling and chatting with a familiar face.

"Soomin." Baekhyun calls, but the Hufflepuff is already mingling with the crowds. Baekhyun sighs, before he hurries to follow after her.


"So?" Baekhyun starts, leaning against the bookshelf as Soomin reads the different titles of their Hogwarts letter.

"So?" She asks, glancing at him, before going back to her list.

"What happened with Yixing?" Baekhyun sees her freeze, before she composes herself to tell him, all fine between the two.

"Soomin. You don't have to hide the truth from me." Baekhyun gently tells her, not missing her shiver as she tries her best to remain unaffected.

"I like Yixing, more than a friend." She confesses, Baekhyun only smiles at her before pulling her in for a hug as he casts a silencing charm around them.

"I confessed to him, but he doesn't want to be with me." She cries freely, not having to worry about others overhearing her.

"It'll be okay." He tries his best to comfort her,

"Should we get Jiha to set him right?" Baekhyun jokes, once she's calmed down, for the first time in a week, Soomin manages to laugh, imagining the hot-headed Gryffindor cornering the Slytherin.

"I actually like Yixing." Soomin smacks his arm, before going back to scanning the bookshelves.


"Soomin. Baekhyun. Why did you leave without telling us?" Jongdae asks, throwing his arms around the two.

"Does it matter? You found us quite alright." Baekhyun teases, eyeing Yixing hanging out in the back of the huge group before he pulls Soomin in the opposite direction. 

"Did you talk to her?" Jongdae, not so subtly asks his childhood friend, missing Soomin roll her eyes at the two Hufflepuff males.

"It does have to do with a certain Slytherin." Baekhyun nods,

"I can hear you both." Soomin huffs,

"If Jiha wasn't enamoured by her boyfriend, I'm sure she would be on you for more information." Jongdae tells her,

"Well then, I'm glad Minseok is a wonderful distraction." Soomin retorts, helping Jongdae out with his stack of tomes.

"It's his last year isn't it?" Baekhyun wonders,

"It is." The trio turn to see Minseok and Jiha fussing over something, only for Minseok to shake his head, while Jiha sports her victory smile and leaps to kiss her boyfriend on the cheek.

"How did your parents react to that?" Soomin asks,

"They like him. Mom wouldn't stop gushing over him. I think if they were to ever break up, Mom would cry more than Jiha." Jongdae jokes, looking over at his twin.

"Aww. That's so sweet. What about your grandparents?" Baekhyun carefully asks,

"Dad wants them to get used to the idea of Jiha dating first, before they introduce Minseok to them. He knows how judgemental our grandparents are." Jongdae says,

"At least your parents like him and Jiha isn't one to give up without a fight." Soomin nods, moving on to another shelf.


5th year starts of with a bang, literally. A group of 7th years decide to celebrate the start of their last year at the castle. Newly appointed prefects Jiha, Jongdae, Eunmi, and Seungwan are not happy, they have to start their duties on the first night of return.

Baekhyun has been promoted to Seeker as the previous Hufflepuff seeker graduated, while Audrey is made the Keeper of the Gryffindor team. Jiha keeps her position as a Beater. Soomin tries out for the Quidditch team, for the sake of Baekhyun as the team needs more players, and makes it as a Chaser. Jongdae and Eunmi are coerced into trying out as well, but are relieved when Baekhyun informs them, they were rejected.

Whereas Yixing is pushing himself away from her, Jongin is trying his best to regain his spot in Soomin's heart.

The day in Diagon Alley, Jongin had noticed Soomin walk away from the Parlour, and he made an attempt to follow after her, but Baekhyun beat him to it.

Though Baekhyun was the one pushing Soomin to try out for the Quidditch team, Jongin is offers to train her as the Seeker for Ravenclaw. At first, she rejects him, but once she realises Baekhyun/Hufflepuff Quidditch team is in serious need of better players, she takes Jongin up on his offer. 

Jongin was the first person, Soomin had told the news to, considering he was the one to tutor her and help polish her almost nonexistent skills. The two are more friends than anything, especially after Soomin made it clear to Jongin that she isn't interested in a romantic relationship with him.


"Thank you Jongin." Soomin beams, squeezing his shoulders once more, before she backs out of the hug. 

"You're welcome." He nods, smiling as Soomin goes off on a rant about how the try-out went. Jongin doesn't realise when he's gotten close to her, close enough to kiss her, but Soomin notices and steps back.

"I'm sorry." He's quick to step back as well.

"I think you and I can only go as far as friends." Soomin tells him, before walking away.


"What is he doing here?" Jiha asks, once she's actually looked away from her boyfriend.

"Who?" Soomin turns to the doors, surprised to see Jongin walk into the room with Sehun.

"He's one of the new members." Minseok informs them, warily glancing over at his girlfriend, before telling them how Jongin had showed up at the audition and impressed everyone with his skills.

"You didn't tell me you danced." Jiha pouts at her older brother, but the Ravenclaw shrugs and starts warming up.

"Jongin." Jiha calls, but the older is too engrossed in watching Soomin helping out a group of new members with stretching.

"Jongin." Jiha smacks him on the head, successfully getting his attention, along with the attention of a certain Slytherin.

"I didn't tell you, because I thought you would discourage me from trying out." Jongin tells his sister,

"What makes you think that?" Jiha asks, though she internally agrees with her brother's words.

"I know you little sister." Jongin smiles, before the new captain calls for attention and Jiha is not one to ignore her boyfriend.

"Soomin, would you like to partner up with me?" Jongin asks,

Soomin smiles, scanning around the room, "Actually I usually partner up with..." Her words trail off, finding the person she's looking for, only to see him nodding at someone else. Jongin follows her gaze and is surprised to see Yixing letting Lillian pull him to a corner.

"Soomin." Jongin calls, the Hufflepuff gives him a small smile and with a nod, lets herself be pulled closer to Sehun and Eunmi.

Eunmi sends her a comforting smile, when she notices her change in partner.


"Yixing." Soomin calls the Slytherin, as Prof.Longbottom dismisses the club members. 

"Hey." Soomin warily states, noticing the boy look uncomfortable as he stares at her.

"Can we please go back to being friends? I really miss not having my best friend." Soomin pleads, close to tears as she stares at the dimpled teen.

"What do you mean go back? I thought we were already friends." Yixing smiles, awkwardly patting her shoulder,

Seeing her expression, Yixing offers to walk back with her to the great hall, which she immediately accepts. The conversation between the two is short lived as they near the great hall and see Lillian waiting for Yixing at the entrance.


"Something is weird." Jiha suddenly voices, eyes scanning around the table.

"What?" Hera asks, 

"Something seems off, I've been feeling it for some time now, but I can't seem to put a finger on it." She answers, intensely scanning around the table.

Rolling her eyes, Hera points in the direction of a certain duo,

Jiha follows the finger and being her over-dramatic self, "When did that happen?" She gasps, loudly. 

"Since the term started." Baekhyun tells her, the group watches Jongin and Soomin huddle close together, reading over a book together. Jongin has a bright smile on his face as he says something.

"Where's Yixing?" Jiha asks, searching around the room for the dimpled Slytherin, only to scowl at the sight of him at the another table seated with a certain 4th year Slytherin and her friends.

"Oh, I'm going to murder her. How could she leave my sweet, handsome Yixing for that cheat?" Jiha fists her hands,

"Did I hear you call someone else handsome?" Minseok teases, plopping on the spot next to his girlfriend.

"It seems as if my best friend broke your best friend's heart." Jiha pouts, Minseok raises an eyebrow at the statement, before glancing between Yixing and Soomin. He's not sure how to react, since Yixing has told him what happened.

Though something about his face, must have alerted Jiha, "Or is it the other way around?" Jiha asks, tone cold.

"Let them work this out themselves." Hera interrupts,

"You know?"

"I know Yixing. I know how he reacts." Hera tells her,

"It seems like both you Zhang siblings work the same way." Jongdae humorlessly chuckles, before he gathers his things and leaves. Eunmi makes an excuse of them having Prefect duty and hurries after her housemate.

Hera shakes her head, when Jiha turns to her. Quickly gathering her things, she leaves as well.

"What is going on?" Jiha asks herself, as she looks around the table and sees the couple engrossed in their own bubbles.

"I'm such a hypocrite, I got on the others about not forgetting their friends when they get into relationships, and here I am." Jiha sighs, her boyfriend gives her a small smile, wrapping his arm around her shoulder and pecking her temple.


"What's going on with you?" Jiha directs the question to Soomin,

The Hufflepuff raises an eyebrow at the sudden question.

"I mean with Jongin? Are you two dating again?" Jiha bluntly states, the Hufflepuff drops her quill, barely managing to not knock her ink bottle on the table.

"Why do you care?" Soomin snaps, shocking the entire table into silence.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you. The upcoming exams are stressing me up." Soomin apologises,

"Is this because I didn't tell anyone but Minseok and me?" Jiha asks, sighing in relief when Soomin looks shocked.

"What? No. Look Jiha, we're best friends, but we still have things we're not comfortable telling others, I know and understand that. It's really just the exams stressing me out. We have to take our O.W.Ls this year and I'm trying to be as prepared as I can be." Soomin explains,

"You know you can tell us anything right." Jiha says, reaching out to hold Soomin's hand, the Hufflepuff merely nods, before picking her quill once again to continue with her notes.

"But what's going on with Yi-"

"Jiha, help me with Charms, please." Baekhyun speaks up, wanting to distract the Gryffindor beater.


"Sehun and Jongin are performing after the Muggle Choir finishes and  Yixing and Soomin will perform for the closing act. The headmistress wants this one to be grand, we're going to have guests from Beaux batons." Minseok informs them, glancing at his co-leader to confirm his words.

Soomin and Yixing nod at each other, while Jongin wraps his arm around her shoulder in his happiness.

"Can you believe this?" Jongin beams, looking down at Soomin while the girl pats his back.

"Jongin." Sehun pulls the Ravenclaw away, just as Yixing stops in front of her.


"So. Are you two back together?" Yixing asks, as the two are waiting for Minseok and Priyanshi (7th year Gryffindor) to help discuss potential ideas for their act.

"No." Soomin is quick to deny, "We're just friends, what about Lillian and you?"

"She needs help with Herbology, I'm tutoring her." Yixing tells her, Minseok joins them, stopping their conversation.


"I knew I would find you here." Soomin teases, carefully getting on the ledge, her friend smiles, leaning on his palms as he stares at the bright moonlit sky. 

"It's a pretty place." 

"That it is." Soomin agrees, imitating her friend to lean on her palms.

"We're both pathetic, aren't we?" Jongdae asks, eyes on the sky, while Soomin turns to him.

"I think we're brave. We put our hearts out there for them. I got rejected once and I backed off, but you tried your best. It's her loss." Soomin tells him,

"It doesn't look like it." Jongdae scoffs, remembering seeing Hera with her latest 'friend'

"Should we just date each other, everyone else in the group is dating?" Jongdae jokes,

"Let's do it." Soomin plays along.


"Hi girlfriend." Jongdae practically yells, seeing Soomin walk into the great hall with his older brother.  He fails to notice the narrowing on a pair of eyes, the glare softening into confusion as the pair nears them.

"What's up boyfriend?" Soomin greets, leaning over to peck Jongdae's cheek before taking the seat next to him.

The group share a look, turning to the pair. "It's not April Fool's." They deadpan, before going back to their food.

"We're serious." Jongdae whines, hanging around Soomin's shoulders,

"Of course you are." Jiha rolls her eyes, before going back to her conversation with her teammates about their upcoming Quidditch game.

"You might want to be careful sister, your opponents are right next to you." Jongdae teases, pointing at Soomin and Baekhyun,

"Hufflepuff has yet to beat Gryffindor, I'm not worried." Jiha proudly states,

Of course, she's proven wrong as Baekhyun manages to nab the Snitch less than a minute after spotting it and Soomin scored several goals. Audrey and Jiha are not happy with their loss for a good two week, only sobering after Slytherin horribly loses to Ravenclaw. Jongin is smug about the win, taking every chance at the mention of Quidditch to rub it into a certain Slytherin's face.


"Happy Christmas." Jiha cheers, running to welcome her friends into her house at the Kim's annual Christmas party.

Jiha drags Soomin from her party to help leave her overnight bag in her room. The two run into Sehun and Junmyeon on their way back downstairs.

"Were you defiling my brother's bedroom again?" Jiha teases, the blush on the shorter male is all the answer she needs, shuddering as she quickens her footsteps with Soomin and Sehun cackling behind her, while Junmyeon runs ahead of his cousin.

"How are Jongin and you doing with your routine?" Soomin asks, walking behind with the taller.

"It's coming along. Jongin has skills." Sehun praises, "but bloke is clueless at times. I keep trying to hint at me dating Myeon, but.."

"Maybe be he isn't expecting his best friend to be homoual?" Soomin cautiously asks,

"No. He knows about me." Sehun has a smug smirk on his face, though it's wiped off when he turns to look at the short girl beside him.

"He's clueless about Myeon though." Sehun sighs, patting her head as they near the party.


"Goodnight Soomin." Jongin waves, shutting the door behind him.

Soomin stops seeing Jiha giving her a suspicious look.

"Are you guys back together?" Jiha asks, failing to see what her best friends finds so amusing that's she practically on the floor laughing.

"I'm assuming that's a no." Jiha sasses, working on finishing her night routine.

"We aren't. Jiha, I've moved on from my feelings for your brother. We're just good friends now." Soomin reassures her, as she sets up the blankets Jongin helpfully got for her.

Jiha wants to ask more questions, but the Hufflepuff has already pulled her blanket over her head.


"She was cute." Jiha comments, looking at the girl that handed her twin a piece of paper before walking away.

"I'm going to go look at the hats." Hera mumbles, running off to another corner of the shop, pulling Seungwan with her.

"I want to look at hats as well." Jiha calls after the two, following along with Audrey.

"I need a jumper." Eunmi awkwardly says,

"I'll come help you look." Baekhyun picks up the crumbs, before the two disappear,

"They really aren't as subtle as they think they are." Jongdae scoffs, watching his housemates disappear.

"Baekhyun is book smart, but he fails every where else." Soomin shakes her head, pulling a jumper from the rack close to her and holding it against Jongdae's torso.

"This looks good. You should get it?" She asks, the male contemplates when his sister joins them and nods her ahead in agreement.


The night before New Year's Eve, the group is gathered at Soomin's place and are playing and having fun when someone chooses to play Truth or Dare. The game starts about simple and easy, until Jiha asks the question that has been bugging her since the beginning of term.

"So, what exactly happened between Yixing and you?" Jiha asks, when the bottle lands on Soomin.


Sorry, Sorry for the long wait.

But I had a major block for this story,

I barely managed to come up with this.