C.23.

Reparo

Night before New Year's Eve, the group is gathered at Soomin's place, having fun when someone/Jiha suggests(more like demands) they play Truth or Dare.

The game starts out simple , until Jiha asks the question that has been bugging her since the start of the term.

"What happened between Yixing and you?" Jiha asks, when the bottle lands on Soomin.

Soomin tenses, "I confessed my feelings to him, but he wants to remain as friends. As you can imagine that's an awkward situation, so we have been actively avoiding the other." 

"What? But Yixing is in love with you." Jiha pouts,

"The Zhangs must have a different definition of love." Jongdae snorts, winking at Hera, as Soomin spins the bottle, surprisingly the bottle lands on him.

"I'll go with Dare."

"You have to snog one of us for a minute." Audrey smirks, already preparing the punishment cocktail, which happens to be a mix of liquids including soy sauce, bitter melon juice, a few un-named potions that smells absolutely horrid.

Jongdae scans around the group, his eyes landing on a certain Slytherin, before he turns to the person to his right, silently asking for permission.

Jaws hit the floor when Jongdae pulls his housemate close to him with a hand on her nape and locks their lips together. Jiha has her hands over her eyes, peeking between her fingers, while Audrey has her mobile out to capture the scene. Eunmi shares a look with Baekhyun before the two glance at the two Slytherin girls, one of them pale as she stares at the duo while her roommate worriedly glances at her.

The snogging couple doesn't realise their minute is up, until they're both running out of air. 

"Wow." Soomin looks dazed, blinking as she tries to get her mind wrapped around what just happened.

"Yeah, wow." Jongdae smirks, leaning in to peck her cheek once more, before he grabs the bottle to spin it again.

"Hera."  The Slytherin has her eyes focused on the pair across her, with Jongdae leaning his head on Soomin's shoulder.

"Hera." Jiha nudges her to get her attention.

"Truth." Hera hesitates, trying to control herself.

"Why do you avoid serious relationships?" Audrey is the one to ask again, excited for someone to finally drink the punishment concoction.

"I don't want people mocking my partner for choosing someone like me." Hera answers, Audrey pouts, seeing as another victim missed the mark.

"Shouldn't that be their decision to make?" Jiha asks, before Hera can spin the bottle.

"It should be, but people make stupid decisions in the name of love and at the end of the day, when love fades and reality steps in, they regret it." Hera has a far-away look in her eyes, before snapping out and spinning the bottle, which once again lands on Jongdae. 

"Truth." Jongdae says, bored.

"Do you have feelings for Soomin?" The anger in the Slytherin's eye lasts a moment, before it disappears,

"Why does it matter to you?" Jongdae mocks, before looking at Soomin, shifting to hold her hand, before he turns to face the girl across him.

"Just answer the damn question." Hera demands,

"Maybe." Jongdae smirks, attempting to get the bottle, but Hera has a firm hold on him. The tension is palpable, only snapping after Seungwan nudges Hera, while Audrey happily holds the small glass in front of Jongdae. The Hufflepuff has to plug his nose as he quickly drinks the awful concoction.

A few turns pass, the others attempting to rid themselves off the awkward tension, when the bottle once again lands on Hera, who chooses truth.

"What did you mean someone like you, What does that have to do with Yixing rejecting Soomin?" Jiha asks, Hera deeply sighs.

"I'm not sure if you know the history behind our emigration from China, but there was a Dark King literally called Hei Wang, the Zhang family were some of his biggest supporters and my grandfather barely managed to get himself out of the situation. Even though my grandfather actively spoke out against him and helped fund the rebellion, many people still judge us for the crimes committed by our ancestors and not helping the fact, my mother is half-veela. I know there are laws starting to be in place to change their classifications, but people still judge us for that. Imagine knowingly being associated with my family. People would talk crap about you. Like Jiha said my brother loves you too much to have you suffer through that." The group is stunned into silence, because they heard the whispers, but to know it's true.

"That's bloody bullocks" Jongdae scoffs, "I understand what you mean, but he could have at least clarified why they couldn't be together, rather than just telling her, he likes her too, but he can't be with her."

"Are you upset for Soomin, or the fact that I keep rejecting you?" Hera reveals,

"Wait what?" Jiha is shocked at the news, while Soomin wraps her arm around Jongdae's forearm, hoping to calm him down.

"I stopped chasing you when I realised you don't care about me. You just want to have someone waiting for you at the end of the day and that's not going to be me, not anymore." Jongdae yells, before he's stomping away.

Wordlessly, Soomin runs behind him. Audrey, Eunmi and Baekhyun glance at each other, before Baekhyun nods for Audrey to follow after the pair.

"You're the bi*ch that's been hurting my brother?" Jiha asks,

"Of course you would chose your brother?" Hera scoffs,

Jiha raises an eyebrow, "What? You mean like you choosing Yixing over Soomin. You could have explained the situation to Soomin, but you kept quiet even though you knew about her suffering."

"Do you think Yixing and I aren't suffering either? We have to push away the people we love." Hera tries to justify herself.

"You bought that upon yourself. The two of you aren't worried about your partners, you're scared that once they find out about you, they'll leave. And I'm sure you're suffering just the same as them, when you keep going through different guys and your brother pushing Soomin away to make room for Lillian. I reckon that would cause the two of you quite a bit of suffering." Jiha scoffs, heading for the door.

"Jiha, I really love Jongdae. But I have to keep him away from my family's past. I don't want him to suffer and the same goes for Soomin." Hera has tears rolling down her cheeks,

"That should be their decision to make. We've been friends for a few years and the fact you still don't know how those two are shows. Merlin's a*s Hera, those two are bloody Hufflepuffs, their house traits literally include loyalty." Jiha leaves with the final comment, missing Hera crumble into tears, while Baekhyun signals Eunmi to go after Jiha.

He sighs watching seeing everyone go off in different directions, before moving to console a sobbing Hera.


"Hey." Soomin slowly walks up to Jongdae, rubbing his back as the boy dry heaves into the bushes in their back garden.

"I didn't mean to make her cry." Jongdae cries, trying his best to calm himself down, but this was the first time he's raised his voice against Hera.

"I know, Hun. But you needed to get those words out." Soomin comforts him, using the summoning spell to get a water bottle and a towel.

"Audrey, you can join us." Soomin loudly says, she hears the huff before the Gryffindor walks to them.

"I guess the academic rivalry developed into something more, huh." Audrey teases, trying to lighten the mood.

"Not anymore." Jongdae snorts,

"How pissed is Jiha?" Soomin asks,

"Oh, she's fu*king pissed." Said Gryffindor storms through the back doors, heading straight for the trio.

However, unlike their expectations, Jiha pulls her twin and best friend for a tight embrace.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't even know. I'm sorry." Jiha says,

"It's not your fault." Soomin playfully rolls her eyes, even though Jiha can't see her.

"I'm sorry that I was so caught up in my world, I didn't see you two suffering." Jiha clarifies,

"Why are you apologising for being happy? We wanted to keep this from you, Soo and I had each other to depend and cry on." Jongdae jokes, but his twin continues clinging to them.

"Thank god." Eunmi pants, coming to stand beside Audrey. "Did she already get her anger out on them?" Eunmi "whispers"

"What do you guys think of me?" Jiha asks, turning to glare at the two.

"Can you blame us?" Audrey gives her a knowing look,

"Let's make a Jongdae sandwich." Soomin yells, moving to hug Jongdae from the back, and the other three girls wrap themselves around him.

"Who's pinching me?" Jongdae yelps, as someone pinches his waist once again.

"Bugger off." He demands, only for the pinches to turn into tickles and soon the five are on the floor engaged in a tickling fight.

"What's going on here?" Mr.Nam is standing by the threshold, giving him a suspicious look when his wife come to stand behind him.

"Where are the other three?" Mrs.Nam asks, looking over at her daughter caged under Audrey, while Jiha and Eunmi are sitting over Jongdae.

"They're downstairs. We just needed some fresh air, Mrs. N." Jiha tells them, sending them away, while the students recollect themselves.

"How are we going to deal with this?" Audrey asks, getting serious.

"I understand where she's coming from, but it I don't agree with her." Eunmi states her opinion.

"I think we just need to forget this happened and try our best to move on. Like I said, I'm going to try my absolute best to get over her." Jongdae suggests.

The girls give him a pity look, which causes him to laugh.

"I'll learn to be okay. I know I won't love anyone like I love her, but I'll do my best." He declares, Soomin hugs him, wiping at her eyes.

"I think I'm going to talk to Yixing, just once more." Soomin shyly tells them.

"And Hera?" Eunmi asks,

"She's still a friend. I just don't know how to repair our friendship. I mean I'm mad that she knew about what happened, but chose to keep quiet. But then I understand she didn't bring it up because I didn't tell her myself. She put her brother first and I can't be upset at her for that." 

"Well I'm pissed at her. She is the reason my brother stopped being his sunshine self." Jiha pouts, ruffling her younger twin's hair.

"It's a good thing she left then." Seungwan says, Baekhyun following behind her.

"She left, that -" Audrey clamps ,

"You should go with her." Jiha tells Seungwan, "She's most likely crying alone. Get tissues and I have a stash of her favourite chocolate frogs in my bedside drawer." Soomin adds,

"I'll go with Seungwan." Eunmi adds, the group nods, heading back inside to Soomin's bedroom.

"Let her know I'll be there bright and early. " Jiha calls out, as the two girl step into the Floo.


Bright and early, Jiha, Audrey and Soomin floo into the Zhang residence, shocking one of the house elves.

"Good morning. Is everything okay?" Mrs. Zhang asks them, as the house elf takes them to the kitchen first.

"We're just here to talk to Hera, Mrs.Z. Don't worry about us. Mrs. N feed us before letting us leave." Jiha smiles, Mrs.Z waves them off and the two head off in the familiar direction leading to Hera's room. Soomin pauses in front of Yixing's door, Audrey pushes her along.

"Seungwan and Eunmi might still be asleep, so let's be quiet." Audrey advices Jiha, as the near the room. Jiha rolls her eyes,

 Jiha slowly opens the door, peeping in to check, before slamming the door. "YOU FUC*---" Soomin clamps , pushing her inside and hurrying to lock the door behind her.

"At least cast a silencing spell before you let crazy Jiha out." Soomin hisses, wiping her palm on her jeans.

"Good morning to you as well." Hera says, they notice the swollen eyes, the wads of dirty tissues, along with empty wrappers on the floor.

"You can't just up and leave in the middle of the night." Jiha starts,

"I didn't think I would be welcome there." Hera sniffles, glancing over at Soomin.

"I wasn't going to kick you out in the middle of the night." Soomin rolls her eyes, 

"We would have waited at least until after breakfast." Jiha playfully scowls, throwing herself on the teary eyed Slytherin.

"How gracious." Eunmi mumbles, taking the armchair.

"I still can't believe you and Jongdae. Why didn't any of you tell me?" Jiha squeals, snatching the pillow from Hera, to hit her and Soomin.

"Hey, I didn't know either." Audrey makes sure her housemate knows she's innocent, when Jiha glares at the other two.

"I'm her roommate, she asked me to keep it hidden." Seungwan excuses,

"I'm just good at making observations, but neither of them were saying anything, so?" Eunmi shrugs,

"Wow." Jiha scoffs, tossing a pillow to her face, which Eunmi is too late to dodge, smacking her right on her face.

Well, let's just say Hera is going to need new pillows and an intense cleaning to get all the feathers taken care off.


"Oh. I thought I heard squeals." Yixing smiles his dimple smile, one that would have Jiha swooning, but the Gryffindor continues glaring at him, failing to notice the shorter Slytherin behind him.

"You're here." Minseok beams, walking to his girlfriend and kissing her cheek, but she's still somewhat upset about being kept in the dark, so she just nods at him.

"Good morning." Jiha greets, fake smile on her face as Mr & Mrs. Zhang enter the room.

"Is everything okay?" Mr. Zhang asks looking worried after hearing his daughter come home last night from what was supposed to be a sleepover at the Nam's.

"As okay as things can be. Mr. Z." Jiha grins, waving the elders away so she can torment the Slytherin for hurting her best friend.

"Baby." The sweet tone in her voice has her boyfriend immediately looking at her, "I was thinking about the Muggle-fest and well, Yixing and Soomin have already performed together once, you know." Jiha starts, eyeing Yixing and Soomin, both who share a curious look waiting for the quirky Gryffindor to finish.

"Well, why don't we try something new? You know how Sehun and Jongin are performing together, I think we should switch Yixing and Jongin. Yixing should perform with Sehun, while Soomin and Jongin perform the romantic act." Jiha innocently smiles, looking over at a stunned Yixing, while Soomin can't help but roll her eyes.

"Are you being serious?" Minseok asks, knowing just how spontaneous his girlfriend can be.

"Can you imagine, the two ex-lovers reuniting for a romantic act. Who knows maybe they'll end up giving each other another chance." Jiha muses, her friends are shaking their heads, tempted to point out she's been the number 1anti-fan of Jongin and Soomin, from day 1.

"The routines have been made though. Jongin and Sehun have chosen their costumes and songs. It would be a waste of efforts, darling." Her boyfriend tries to let her down, nicely.

"I'm sure Jongin wouldn't mind, getting to perform with his Soomin." Jiha smiles, that seems to be the last straw for Yixing because he politely excuses himself, practically running away.

"You are annoying." Soomin grunts, frowning at her best friend before running to catch up to Yixing, but the male seems to have disappeared.