C.7.

Reparo

"Dad." Soomin launches herself in her father's arms, while Mr.Zhang pulls Hera and Yixing for a hug.

"Where's mom?" Soomin asks,

"She's waiting in the car." Mr.Nam explains, following after Aaron towards the exit.

"There she is." Mr.Nam points to the Black Q7, just as Mrs.Nam jumps out of the driver's seat. She chooses to hug Hera first, before looking over the girl to check for any injuries, though it's been over a month since the incident.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" Hyori asks, gently leading the girl to the car. Yixing is send to the back seats, so the three women take the middle seats.

"I'm fine. Thank you for asking." Hera answers.

"How did exams go?" Mrs.Nam asks,

"Good, Baekhyun got first, and Hera and Jongdae tied for second. I tied with Audrey for third." Soomin beams, causing her father to cheer for them. Hera also brags about her brother getting the top score for his year and to celebrate Mr.Nam stops by the Dominique Ansel, though they're only allowed a small treat as lunch has been prepared.

Mrs.Zhang and the elder Nam's are waiting for the children at the Nam manor when they get there, and Minkyung litters kisses all over his sister's face after she hands him the small treat she got for him.

After a heavy lunch and afternoon tea, the Zhang's bid goodbyes, with plans for Boxing day.


Just like last year, The Kim's host a Christmas dinner for their acquaintances, but unlike last year Mr.Nam is able to attend. Though he spends most time talking to Mr.Byun and Mr.Zhang, while Mrs.Zhang and Yixing are absent.

Halfway through the dinner, Jongdae and Baekhyun disappear along with Soomin.

"Jongin. What's going on?" Soomin asks, as the boy leads the two through a flight of stairs.

"Just trust me." He smiles, before pushing open the hatch as the cold breeze of the night is felt.

"Why are we here?" Soomin asks, noticing the blanket laid on the roof.

"Just watch." Jongin tells her, pulling her to sit down on the blanket and handing her another blanket to wrap around herself, before he pulls her to lay down.

"Wow." Soomin says, watching the stars, she doesn't notice anything until she feels the cold metal on her wrist, turning to look at the bracelet, before looking up at Jongin.

"Happy Christmas." He smiles,

"I have your present at home." She pouts, but he assures her it's okay as she can give it to him next week, during the sleepover.

The two spend most of their time in an awkward silence, with occasional small talk, before Jongin suggests going back, once they hear the shutting of a car door.

"Soomin." Jongin calls, as she's heading the stairs,

"Yeah."

He pulls her in for a hug and kisses her cheek, before pulling her towards the main room.


"Where were you?"  Jiha asks, noticing the girl come in with bright red cheeks and a red nose and when she goes to hold her hand, it's freezing.

"I somehow ended up outside. I'm not too sure." She fibs and Jiha sneakingly casts a warming charm.

"Where did you get the bracelet from?" Jiha asks, noticing the small peony.

"It was a Christmas gift." Soomin tells her, she's saved by her mother as it's time for them to leave.


"Good morning" Soomin greets as the Zhang's step into the Nam manor.

"Good morning. How are you Soomin?" Mrs. Zhang greets, as Soomin leads them to the sitting room.

After inital greetings the kids are given permission to wander off, so Soomin takes them to the recreational room/game room. The place is filled with movies and board games. Soomin and Hera choose to watch Frozen, both girls singing along to each song, Yixing occasionally joining in. She fails to notice the glances she receives from someone, while the sister catches sight of her brother trying to be "sneaky".


Almost like Deja vu, Soomin turns the aisle and sees a confused Yixing standing in front of the ice cream again. 

"Can I help?" She whispers, standing right behind Yixing and startling the boy, who jumps and looks ready to pull his wand out.

"It's you." Yixing calms down, turning back to the cooler.

"They don't have my flavor." Yixing pouts, causing the girl to chuckle.

"Well, there's a creamery a few blocks away, we can walk there?" Soomin suggests and the boy agrees.

"What about your parents?" Yixing asks, as they're heading towards the exit.

"I'm with the driver, I can just ask him to wait here, or we can take the car?" Soomin says,

"I'm fine with walking."


"A pint of mint chocolate chip, a pint of rocky road, a single mint chocolate chip and a single double fudge in a cake cone, please." Soomin orders for the two, handing the cashier a card, before Yixing can pull out his wallet.

"I could have gotten it." Yixing says, taking the ice cream cone.

"Next time."

"Here you go."  She hands him the two pints, while her double fudge.

"Two?"

"I'm sure you're at Chanyeol's place. I don't really think he enjoys mint chocolate chip." Soomin laughs, remembering the tantrum Chanyeol threw during the Halloween ball when he himself stole Yixing's ice cream, only to spit it out a second later.

"Right. Thanks for these, Enjoy your break." Yixing runs off after a few minutes of awkward silence.


"I don't want to send her to the same house as the little rat." Mr.Nam sulks, watching his daughter run to hug her "darling", while Jiha yells for her Honey (Soomin) and Sweetheart (Hera).

"It's only for one night, Weston." Mr.Zhang pats, the male on the back.

"Exactly Aaron, for one whole night, she's going to be under the same room as the little rat." Mr.Nam glares at Jongin, who's throwing heart eyes at his little girl.

"Honey, stop being dramatic. Jongin is a sweet boy." Mrs. Nam assures him, but the man looks at her as if she's betrayed him.

"How dare you, defend the boy who had the audacity to kiss our little girl."

"You handle this." Mrs.Nam turns to her husband's "best-friend", walking to the hosts of the evening.


After the presents are exchanged and everyone has fallen asleep, someone seems unable to fall asleep, choosing to walk to the second floor balcony overlooking the greenery behind the villa.

"You can't fall asleep either." She's startled at the voice, sighing once she recognizes him.

"Something, like that." She says, not wanting to explain about the nightmares, but her friend seems to understand as he pulls her in for a hug and wraps a blanket around the two and slowly moves them side-to-side.

"You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" He asks her, she nods.

After a few minutes of silence, she breaks down into tears  "They don't happen often, but  whenever they do, I have to live through them all over again. I can't move, nor can I wake up. I feel each charm being cast and every slap and punch." She cries, slouching on the floor, taking him with her.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't there to protect you. I'm sorry, I didn't get there sooner. I'm sorry, you have to go through this." He apologizes, though she keeps shaking her head.

"It's not your fault. You did protect me, Had it not been for you, I'm not sure what else they would have done. You showed up exactly on time." She reassures him.

He softly starts humming to a lullaby, still holding her tight against his chest and gently rocking them back and forth and in no time, she falls asleep. Knowing she's fallen asleep, he continues to hum and soon he gives into the darkness.


"Happy Christmas." Soomin hands Jongin the box.

Without sparing a single thought, he rips the box after to reveal a jersey of the seeker of the English National Quidditch team.

"I love it. I've been begging mom and dad." Jongin beams, pulling Soomin for a hug, along with a kiss on her cheek.

"I'm glad you like it." She smiles, before they spend the night watching the stars.


Hufflepuff barely manages to win against Gryffindor with a close match at 220-170.

The muggle fest proves to be a welcome distraction.

For Sports day, the group cheers for Audrey, Jongdae slightly sulks due to his rejection for the Cricket team.

The next day, he stumps everyone with his amazing vocal skills being able to reach high notes. However, students are more taken with Yixing's dance as the boy captivates everyone's attention.

Though, the most anticipated event is the match between Slytherin and Ravenclaw. For being in ravenclaw, the bullies were extremely stupid, considering they choose to confront Hera, three feet from a portrait. And in a matter of week, everyone in the castle knew about the incident. And like Seungwan had said, you can't expect to escape unscathed after hurting a Slytherin. Slytherin destroys Ravenclaw for the fourth match with 270-20, right before the Easter holidays.


For Easter, the Micheals host the kids.


Just like, last year. Soomin finds another journal in her bag, with the same exact message. Though this is on xylomancy. Soomin does notice a LZ scribbled on a random page.

Once again she shares the book with her friends and once again someone recognizes the handwriting.


At the end of the term dance, the great hall is splashed with Yellow and Black in celebration of Hufflepuff winning the house cup.

Jiha vows to get a dance with Yixing causing her twin to shake his head at the her. But Jiha being Jiha, is able to get her wanted dance, though Yixing does look slightly awkward.

"I really hope, they don't become a thing. Jongin will blow a fuse." Jongdae comments, watching his twin.

"Don't worry. My brother has his eyes on someone else." Hera reveals.

"Merlin's beard. Jongin's here." Baekhyun jumps as Jongin and his friends enter the great hall.

"Someone needs to go distract him. Soomin, Go." Jongdae and Eunmi push their fellow housemate, while the others look slightly confused.

"The two of them have something going on." Eunmi giggles, watching Soomin awkwardly ask Jongin for a dance and the boy only has his eyes on her, as they walk right in front of Yixing adn Jiha, but the older brother doesn't bat a single eye.

Hera notices her brother's eye follow after the two and the slight frown that makes an appearance, before he hands Jiha off to Minseok and walks out of the hall.

"Since when?" Audrey asks,

"Since they saw each other. I'm pretty sure it was love at first sight for Jongin." Jongdae tells them.

"What about Soomin?" Hera asks

"Soomin likes him too. The necklace she wears is a gift from Jongin. I can't tell you the number of times, she squeals just looking at the necklace." Eunmi affectionately rolls her eyes, watching the two.


"You look beautiful." Jongin compliments her.

"You look handsome as well." She blushes, breaking off eye contact.

"Soomin, I've liked you since the minute I saw you and the more I got to know you, the closer I wanted to get. What I'm trying to say is will you be my girlfriend?" Jongin asks.

"I'd like that." She whispers causing Jongin to jump a little and pull her for a hug.

"Do you think, we can tell the other's later?" Jongin asks, "It's just, you guys are spending the last week of break at our house and if our parents find out we're dating, they might switch it up and I'm looking forward to spending more time with you." His voice turns to a whisper at the end, but she understands and smiles brightly at her boyfriend.

"I think I would like that as well." Soomin says, remembering the dislike her father has for 'little rat'


"Mates, what I tell you here, does not leave us. Understood?" Jongin asks his three friends and the three nod.

"Soomin is my girlfriend." Jongin beams, watching the shock on his friends before they wish him luck, though Kyungsoo seems slightly upset, while the oldest and youngest in the cabin share a knowing look.

On the other hand, Soomin confesses to her housemates, though she asks them to keep hidden from their other friends, only for the summer though.


It seems as if Yixing and her have a coincidence with the grocery mart, because she finds a confused Yixing in the candy aisle, as she herself is trying to stock up on the Candy Kittens.

"Hi." She startles him.

"What are you looking for?" She asks,

"Chanyeol send me on a candy errand. I'm unsure on which on he wants though." Yixing pouts.

"Chanyeol sends you on many errands." Soomin notes,

"I'm unsure what he wants, he didn't tell me anything specific." Yixing tells her, so she picks up some Flakes, Freddo's, Mars, Candy Kittens and mint patties.

"The mint's are for you." She tells him, leading him to her father.

"Yixing, are you here alone?" Mr.Nam finds the two, arguing over Sour Watermelon and Sour Blueberry.

Soomin and her father drop Yixing off at the Park's, even though the boy tries to refuse, but Mr.Nam doesn't take No for an answer.

"Yixing is such a sweet boy." Mr.Nam comments, watching the walk wave before entering the gate. Soomin nods along.