C.12.

Reparo

"Which one of you would like to explain this to me?"

"Jongdae." Soomin calmly says, entering the room followed by Yixing. If the Slytherin is surprised by the couple, he doesn't let it show on his face, neither is there any judgment on his face watching the two boys fix their appearance.

"What the fu*k is going on here?" Jongdae asks once again, voice calm as he walks further into the room. Soomin non-verbally casts a silencing charm on the room, once the door shuts behind Yixing.

"We're dating." Junmyeon gently holds his boyfriend's hand and lacing their fingers together.

"How long?"

"A little less than a year. And No it's not a phase. I've been in love with Sehun since the first time I saw him and I know it's never going to fade for me." Junmyeon confesses, surprising not only the others, but also his boyfriend. 

"I fell in love with you at first sight too." Sehun shyly whispers, expecting only his boyfriend to hear, but the deafening silence allows his voice to carry over to the three intruders.

"Uncle and Aunty are quite understanding. I know they wouldn't have any objections to your relationship." Jongdae says after a few minutes of silence.

"I'm not worried about my parents. I'm more worried about our grandparents." Junmyeon tells him, an understanding look passes Jongdae, as he gives Soomin an unreadable glance.

"I understand. What about your family Sehun?" Jongdae asks him.

"My parents know. They don't know about Junmyeon, but they know I'm not attracted to the opposite gender. They're quite supporting." Sehun tells them.

"I know our grandparents are difficult, but you have to stop seeing the girl they're trying to set you up with." Jongdae's words erases the smiles on the couple's face.

"I know."

"If you wish to keep your relationship hidden it's your decision, but you have to stop giving into the elders demands." Jongdae tells his cousin, the older can only hang his head down.

"I know."

"I'm also upset that you didn't tell me. I know we're not as close as you're to Jongin, but I thought we had enough trust between us." Jongdae deject states, watching his cousin with teary eyes.

"I'm sorry." Junmyeon is still hanging his head.

"It's not his fault. I asked to be kept a secret. Honestly, we haven't told anyone. Soomin only found out by luck and I couldn't control my emotions enough today, which led to the two of you finding out as well.  However, other than the three of you, no one else knows and we would like to keep it that way please." Sehun tells them, though his words sound harsh, his eyes seem close to tears.

"Jongin doesn't know." Jongdae is dumbfounded, while Junmyeon wraps an arm around Sehun's waist and pull the taller into his chest.

"Jongin doesn't know." Soomin confirms,

"Thank you for that." Sehun mumbles,

"It's not my secret to share. And if you wanted him to know, he would have." Soomin shrugs, stepping closer to Jongdae.

"I'm sorry to interrupt the moment, but the reason we were wandering here was to get some practice done." Yixing speaks for the first time.

"We're just going to be working, if the two of you would like to continue to stay here." Soomin tells them. The couple think over it and head to the corner of the room watching Jongdae sing, while Yixing and Soomin move to his voice.


"Okay, what's going between the two of you?" Jiha glares at Jongdae and Soomin.

"What do you mean?" Jongdae looks too innocent.

"Soomin and you have been sneaking off for the past weeks and you're always whispering or just doing something secretive. And I want to know." Jiha complains,

"Fine, We are hiding something, but in two weeks you guys will find out what's going on. So don't worry about it. And No Jiha, Soomin is not going to spill anything, don't even try." Jongdae tells the group.

"What's Soomin not going to spill?" Jongin asks, plopping next to his girlfriend and pecking her cheek.

"Nothing you need to know." Jongdae sasses, turning back to his food.

"I won't be able to leave this weekend. We're gearing up for Muggle Weekend." Soomin informs her boyfriend, trying to tear a piece of her bacon. She misses the relief that passes on Jongin's face but a pair of sharp eyes notice.

"I was looking forward to it. But I know how important, dance is for you. I'm going to be cheering for you." Jongin smiles, watching Soomin add more food to his plate.

"I'll burst if I keep eating." Jongin teases, but his girlfriend chooses to ignore him in favor of looking for more bacon.


"Merlin's beard. Is that Jongdae?" Jiha stares at the stage, where Jongdae seems to literally shine. The jaws drop further when he opens his mouth. The jaws are touching the floor when Jongdae decides to start moving his body to the song.

Soomin and Yixing share a knowing glance, proud off watching their hard work pay off, before they're running to get ready for their performance.

"Let's celebrate tonight. Two hours after curfew." Jongdae whispers to Soomin, Sehun and Yixing when they cross paths.


Dinner is spend quite differently, Audrey and Jiha stares at Jongdae with newfound admiration. Seungwan and Eunmi praise him for his singing skills, while the remaining three of the group are indifferent to this new side of Jongdae.

"Is this the secret you were talking about?" Hera asks Jongdae, snapping Jiha out of her staring.

"How could you. I'm your sister, yet you went to Soomin for help with dancing. You could have included me in as well." Jiha whines,

"It's similar to her style though. And you would have made more fun of me, rather than help me." Jongdae lists his reason, which only deepens the pout on Jiha.

"Next time, the two of you better include me." Jiha points at the two and they quickly nod to pacify her.

"Where's Jongin?" Soomin asks Sehun. Junmyeon and Kyungsoo are also at the table with them, but Jongin seems to be missing.

"I'm not too sure, I haven't seen him since before Jongdae's performance." Sehun answers.

"Yixing, why aren't you eating?" Chanyeol's loud voice distracts them. Since Chanyeol sits with Audrey, by default Yixing and Seungwan also join their table. It's a weird mixture of people, but no one really seems to care. Jongin is reluctant on looking past houses but for Soomin he tries his best and Kyungsoo has never outright displayed any prejudice towards any of the other houses, so it's not too shocking to see him get along quite well with Minseok.


"Congrats all your hard work paid off." Sehun hugs the shorter male as soon as Soomin and him walk into their regular practice room.

"You were amazing." Junmyeon compliments the younger male as well, but Jongdae seems to be longing for the approval of someone else.

"I agree you were amazing for someone who's had only a fews of practice." Yixing smiles, Jongdae finally relaxes and the whole room erupts in cheers as the two Hufflepuff pull out snacks for them.

"Why don't you spend the holidays with us?" Jongdae questions, the group is confused as the question doesn't seem to be directed at anyone specific. 

"Sehun and Jun. I'm sure Jongin won't mind, and we're spending this holiday at Soomin's. So there's less chances off you being caught by anyone else." Jongdae elaborates.

"Speaking of Jongin, has he been acting different?" Soomin asks the group.

"Jongin seems to be under some sort of stress. He's been getting much more letters from the grandparents, especially after I refused to bend to their commands." Junmyeon tells him.

"Why?" Soomin asks, clueless

"Our grandparents are quite old-minded. They are the reason Jongin is so set on his house mentality." Jongdae informs "I'm not sure how they feel on families and blood status."

"Jongin hasn't mentioned anything to me though." Soomin pouts, the four boys don't know how to respond and Soomin not wanting to make the happy atmosphere awkward, quickly switches topic.


"Jongin" Soomin calls out to her boyfriend, the boy looks shocked seeing her, but he quickly schools his expression to a smile.

"Hi." He wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"Where are you heading to?" She asks, trying to look over his shoulders, but he's too tall for her to see over.

"Nowhere. I just wanted to walk around. What about you?"

"I was heading to the practice room. I'm bored and I don't want to be in the same room as Jiha and her boyfriend. They're soo gross." Soomin whines, her boyfriend looks anger and disgusted at the thought of his sister's "not boyfriend".

"Uhh, I don't need that image in my head. I'll come with you. It's sad we've been dating for so long, but you've never given me a personal show." Jongin smirks. Soomin swears her heart's overworking itself from the crazy fluttering it's doing.

"You've definitely gotten handsome." Soomin mumbles, taking his hand and dragging him to one of the few practice rooms.

After showing him a few of her routines, she drags him to dance with her and somehow it ends into a dance lesson for a very clumsy Jongin. The boy is excellent on a broom, but not on his feet.


"Soomin Nam." Rachel Yoo calls her out, Soomin and her friends groan at the three girls on the end of the hallway.

"Isn't it-"

"No, Just no." Jiha cuts Rachel off.

"You're an annoying leech, who needs to get your head out of your arse. I reckon it'll do you some good." Jiha shuts her down, pushing all her friends into their unofficial cabin on the Hogwarts Express.

"She's so annoying." Audrey rolls her eyes, having the pleasure of slamming the door on their face. The group nods, before they're back to comparing their results of the latest exams and the plans they have for the holidays.

 


It's been a hot minute.