Track 18 - Hope Not

Imagine Playlist |✔| Multifandom Oneshots

Blackpink - Hope Not

Requested by: LeeJiseung on AFF
Bias: Jennie and Rosé
OC: Parker Kim

😔😔😔

Muffled cheers can be heard outside the limo I'm riding. I calmed myself when my chauffeur went down and ran up to my side to open the door for me.

My ears were greeted with cheers of the fans and the snapping of the cameras.

"Rosé-ssi over here! Look here!"

"Rosé-ssi smile!" I smiled and waved to the press and fans as I walked up the red carpet to one of the biggest awards show where I'm currently nominated at.

Camerq flashes blinded me and the onlybthing I can hear are cheers for my name. I turned my back in the crowd and went in the venue. I greeted the people and talked a but with them.

It's exclusive so the press stays outside. I was going to my seat when I spotted Parker Kim.

The guy I haven't seen or heard of for quite a while now. He hadn't seen me. He was closely attending to his new girlfriend. Jennie.

I recognize her. She used to be a star but retired from the industry saying she had found herself and it's something she haven't found while up there.

He really was attentive. He was caring and thoughtful. He thought of me more than himself but all I gave him was endless pain.

I was a newbie back then when we met. I was naive and almost got myself into trouble and he saved me.

We became friends, he helped me with my career. He taught me the ropes and was patient in teaching me.

He listened to my problems and gave me advices. He cheers me up when I start to doubt myself.

We eventually turned to lovers. Something I sometimes wish we hadn't. Then maybe... he'd still be by my side.

All throughout our relationship, he was always understanding. He was offered a  better opportunity outside the country but declined so he can be with me.

He made a lot of sacrifices for us and I shamefully can't say the same. I was starting to rise in the industry. I prioritized my career first and he was more than ok with it. He supported me through and through.

We were happy once. I was genuinely happy and even thought if I should try a different career path. But who was I kidding? Being a star is what I've always wanted to be.

So I betrayed him. I denied to be in a relationship. I cancel our dates due to my busy schedule. I stood him up a couple of times simply because I had fun with my colleagues that I've completely forgotten our plans.

Even then, he didn't lash out on me. He voiced out his displeasure but it fell deaf on my ears. I made promises. Promises to do better. To make up for the lost times. Promises that was never kept.

I loved him. So I became selfish. It was wrong of me to think he can hold it in cause he loves me. But I guess he became tired. He held out longer more than anyone could in our situation but it didn't hurt any less. I took him for granted.

So I let him go. If there's something I can do for him, it's that. Letting him go. He deserved someone better and that's not just an excuse.

He didn't agree at first. He kept saying we can still fix it but even when he said that, it seemed like he was convincing himself more that we still can make it through.

He was hurt. He ranted out on why I'm the one to let go when he's the one having the hard time and didn't complain even once.

He finally let go and I couldn't sleep that night or the next nights after that. I cried myself to sleep.

I busied myself with work and accomplished things I've always wanted.

"Rosé-ssi?" I turned to my manager. Parker and jennie was no longer in my line of sight.

"It's starting. Let's go." I faked a smile and followed him in.


"And the winner for tonights Artist of the Year! Goes to... Park Chaeyoung! Give around of applause for Rosé-ssi!" People gave me standing ovation and I accepted my award with a brief speech thanking everyone.

The ceremony ended and I turned to leave but they were there by the door. Arms linked with each other. They look happy and he deserves that.

I calmed myself and walked towards them. My heart thudded every step I made.

They faced me and I forced put a smile. I gave him a genuine smile cause I was happy he's happy even when it's not because of me.

"Rosé-ssi. Congratulations! Parker told me so much about you." Jennie cheered and hugged me.

"You made it." Parker held jennie's waist and put a hand on his pocket.

"I did." I nodded.

"I'm happy for you." I felt his sincerity as he pulled me to a hug and I wanted to cry. Even after what I've done, I hoped he wouldn't hate me too much to the point he'd forget about me and he didn't.

"Thank you. I'm happy for you too." I excused myself saying I have to go and we said our goodbyes.

I took one last look at them and saw them smiling lovingly at each other. I let my tear fall but quickly wiped it.

He was happy and I've reached my dreams. He didn't treat me like a stranger and that was enough for me.