Track 06 - Stay by my side

Imagine Playlist |✔| Multifandom Oneshots

Cross Gene - Stay by my side

Requested by: _CrossGeneFlower_ on WP
Ship: Cross Gene Seyoung x Yongseok

●●●

"I knew it! You're holed up in your room again." Yongseok exclaimed as he opened seyoung's door. Seyoung just looked at the new arrival and just looked back down to the book he's reading.

"Come on seyoung! Get out for once." Seyoung sighed helplessly as yongseok snatched the book he's reading.

"I don't feel like it." Seyoung dismissed and laid down on his bed and covered himself with the blanket.

"You say that every time!" Yongseok pulled the blanket off of him but he held on to it.

"Because I don't feel like it every time." Yongseok rolled his eyes and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Being holed up here alone attracts negativity and when negativity gets attached to you it's an ugly thing." Seyoung grudgingly sat up but didn't make a move to stand and go out.

"Come with me. I promise it's going to be fun! You can meet girls there.. or boys." Yongseok shrugged nonchalantly.

"I really don't like to go drink. I don't like crowded places. Period." Yongseok frustratingly stood up and raked his hair.

"Fine! Continue to be alone then." Yongseok slammed seyoung's door shut as he grabbed his jacket and proceeded to the bar where his other friends are waiting.

"Alright! Pay up! I told you Yongseok can't make seyoung go." Yongseok rolled his eyes at his friend and drank a shot.

Music blasted around the crowded room. Strangers bodies pressed together, some girls giving go signals their way but yongseok's mind is preoccupied by a particularly introverted person.

Not in the mood to mingle, he can't seem to take seyoung off his mind. His conscience bugging him with the words he left the latter.

Youngseok was suddenly pulled out from his trance when he heard one of his so'called friends bad mouth seyoung. His ear twitched as he grabbed the guy's collar.

"What did you say?" Yongseok asked with gritted teeth.

"Woah chill dude, it was just a joke!"bhe pushed the guy and grabbed hisbwalletband paid for his share

"Hey! Where are you going man?!" Yongseok ignored them and left the club, going directly to the dorm he shared with seyoung.

"Hey seyoung, I'm sorry." No answer.

"Can I come in?" Still no answer. Yongseok sighed and turned around but him being stubborn, walked in to seyoung's room, only to find it empty.

Yongseok's heartbeat raced as he ran inside and searched for seyoung but the latter was nowhere to be found. He tried calling his phone but he heard a vibration on the bedside table. Seyoung left his phone.

Going anxious by the second, yongseok rushed out and ran all over the place trying to look for his missing friend.

"Seyoung-ah!" For some reason, even if seyoung is older than him, he does not like to call him hyung.

Yongseok was tempted to call seyoung's family but decided against it, thinking they will be alarmed and he might cause unnecessary panic.

"Seyoung where are you?!" He whispered desperately to himself.

His feet is aching from running all around and his body is drenched in sweat, he was about to give up when he heard a ring.

"Watch it!" A man angrily yelled at him and almost getting ran over by a bicycle. That's when it clicked him.

Seyoung's brows furrowed as he heard his name being called out. He looked around but found no one. He shrugged it off thinking he was just hearing things when it called out to him again.

Seyoung paddled to where the voice came from, it's near tha han river where he just came from.

"Yongseok?" Seyoung's brows creased even more as he watch his younger friend desperately calling out to his name and running around.

"Is he drunk?" Seyoung clicked his tongue thinking that was the case. He was about to just ignore yongseok when he saw him drop to the groubd.

"What are you doing?" Seyoung asked as he nudged yongseok's back with his front wheels.

"Seyoung! Seyoung!" He scrambled up to the ground and tackled seyoung to the ground, crashing the bike to the ground as well.

"Ouch! Yah! What's wrong with you?" Seyoung knocked on yongseok's head who was still hugging him tightly, panting.

"I'm sorry." Seyoung stilled.

"Sorry for what?" Yongseok let go and held his shoulders instead and looked him in the eye.

"I didn't mean what I said back there." Seyoung tilted his head a bit

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with your friends?" Seyoung cocked a brow as he stood his bicycle up from the ground.

"I don't need them. All I need is you to be by my side." Seyoung's heart fluttered.

"But I want to be alone." Seyoung deadpanned, staring at yongseok.

Yongseok stepped forward and put a hand on his shoulder and slid it down to his hand, entwining their fingers together.

"Then we can be alone together." Yongseok smiled.

"Me too." Seyoung mumbled.

"What?" Yongseok stepped closer and made seyoung look at him.

"I didn't hear you?"

"Me too. I just want you to be by my side. That's all." Seyoung looked away to hide the blush forming on his cheeks

"You're blushing." Yongseok teased

"No I'm not." Seyoung glared

"Yes you are." Yongseok jogged to catch up to seyoung who dragged the bike in a hurry.

"See? What can I say? I have the effect on girls and boys the same." Seyoung nudged yongseok om his remark.

They both teased each other as they continued to roam the Han River, holding hands.