Chapter 001

Start of Something New

After the walk, Hyewon and Yuri went to the room for their Math Lecture. Yuri is a bit curious as to why they're going 30 minutes earlier than the actual class, but she just followed her cousin. When they arrived in front of Room 2-1, they saw a petite woman wearing a mask and a white cap, dancing in front of the empty room, blasting the music in her earphones. 

At the back, she also saw a familiar red hair looking down on the piece of paper she is writing on. Yuri smiled and about to go near Minju but Hyewon stopped her. Kwangbae smirked and threw the apple she has been holding for a while to Minju. Yuri was so shocked that she can't even warn the red-haired girl.

"Ow! Who- What the hell, Hyewon!" Minju shouted when the apple hit her right in the forehead. The culprit just laughed and continued to enter the room along with Yuri.

"That's what you deserve, liar." Hyewon snickered.

"What's the matter, Hyewon?" The girl dancing a while ago took off her mask and cap and turned off the music in her earphones. yuri was shocked when she realized who it is.

"Minju said that she has some important things to do that's why she needed to leave the cafeteria. But then, I will just catch you sitting here. Just say that you're avoiding Yujin-" 

"I'm doing poetry! That's why I need to be in a quiet place. I'm not avoiding her, okay? I'm telling the truth." Minju annoyingly replied. 

"Okay~ If you say so~," Hyewon said. She then turned around to face Yuri whose attention is all over the new girl she met.

"Oh, Yuri! I forgot to introduce you. Chae, this is Yuri. She's my cousin. Yuri, this is-"

"Chaeyeon. Lee Chaeyeon, right?" Yuri cut off her cousin's sentence.

"You know her?"

"Who wouldn't know Feather Chae from Youtube? She's so famous. She's that dancing machine. She's just... Oh, I'm sorry, I'm just starstruck." Yuri shyly mumbled when she realized that she's saying too much. Chaeyeon just laughed at her.

"It's fine, Yuri. It's actually cute." Chae just smiled at the other girl.

"Hey! That's my cousin. Is that how you compliment every girl? I'll make sure Kwon will hear about this." Hyewon teased.

"I'm just being friendly, Hye. And about your last statement, you're just going to embarrass yourself. Seriously, you can't even talk to Miyawaki properly." Chae replied, knowing that the mention of the other student's nickname will turn Hyewon to crimson red. And she's right. 

"So, um, what are you going to do with those poems," Yuri changed the topic, seeing Kwangbae look so uncomfortable.

"Well, there's a post beside the music room. You can put your poems there anonymously. That's it, I guess. Just to clear your thoughts. This is like a stress reliever, for me at least." Minju explained gaining a nod from Yuri. 

"Are these done?" Chaeyeon asked Minju, receiving the signal from Hyewon.

"Yes. Why do you ask?" Minju replied. Instead of answering, Chae took the envelope containing the poems.

"Yuri, do you want to join me give these letters to the music room?" Chayeon invited. Yuri nodded and they set off. 

Silence filled the entire room.

"Minju..." Hyewon started.

"You're not going to stop 'til you get what you want, right?"

"You really think you can hide it? Min, even Yuri who doesn't have a clue can clearly see it." Minju just looked at Hyewon. 

"Tell me what happened last summer. I won't tell anyone, even Yuri." Kwangbae said, raising her right hand as a sign of promise.

"Well, last Summer, I was invited to a birthday party of my former classmate in a bar. then..."

 

"Minju, let's talk-"

"I can't believe you, Yujin!" 

"Hear me out first, Min-"

"You said that you're reviewing with Hyewon for the next School Year. I believed you, Yujinnie. But then, I will see you hanging out in a bar? And with those men?!? They beat you up just 6 months ago! Then suddenly they're your friends? How can you even explain that-"

"They will help me to get that spot on Track and Field!" Yujin lashed out. The taller girl took a deep breath to compose herself.

"You know how long I've been training to be a participant in the National Sports Competition, but our trainer doesn't even appreciate all my efforts. Meanwhile, Jae-hyuk and his friends are accepted to play in Football without having training or background check. That's why I approached them. They said that if I'll be friends with them, they can put me on the School official Team." Yujin explained. Minju, on the other hand, is left speechless.

 "I'm sure they won't be doing this for nothing. What do they want as an exchange?" Minju said, trying to suppress her feelings.

"They don't ask for anything."

"A-And you believed them?!? Yes, they don't ask for anything, yet. But Yujin, you don't know how their mind works! I can't believe you're doing all of these for a sport!" Minju fumed. "Now tell me... What if they ask me as an exchange? Will you still protect me?" Minju asked, tear now flowing from her eyes. 

The taller girl just looked down, not wanting to see her girlfriend cry because of her.

"My dreams are much important to me." she indirectly answered. Without looking, Yujin can sense how Minju was hurt by her reply. But what she didn't know is that she'll be the one crying after Minju left because of the girl's last statement.

.

.

.

"Well then, I guess your dreams don't include me. And so should mine."

**********    

"Chaeyeon, I'm done-" Yuri came back from the music room to where Chaeyeon said she'll be waiting, only to see the said girl holding another gal by the waist.

"Oh, Yuri!" Chaeyeon said, walking towards Hyewon's cousin while holding the other lady's hand.

"Sorry, did I just ruined your moment?" Yuri shyly asked.

"Just a little bit," Chayeon joked. "By the way, this is Kwon Eunbi, my girlfriend. Eun, this is Yuri. She's a cousin of Hyewon."

Yuri greeted Eunbi with a warm smile, only to be replied with a cold stare. Yuri was intimidated and Chaeyeon could feel it, so she already bid goodbye. Not noticing the time, both ran back to the Classroom, hoping they aren't late. The two felt relieved when they arrived just on time. Yuri sat between Hyewon and Minju while Chaeyeon is at the back seat. She even worriedly asked Minju why her eyes looked like she's been crying, but Minju just smiled at her and said that she slept after they left and that's the reason why.  

In the midst of the class, Ahn Yujin just casually sat on the chair nearest to the door, gaining attention from the rest of the class, except one who chose not to look at her.

"Hey, Yujin! I thought you're excused the whole day?" her seatmate asked.

"I am, actually. But Math is my worst enemy. I can't catch up on it within one or two days. I need to attend the class." Yujin explained. "By the way, Nako, who's that girl?"

"Oh, that one? Her name's Jo Yuri. She's so smart, you know. And she likes Science! I bet we'll be very good friends." Nako said confidently.

"She's just new? But why does it seem like she's already close with Min- with other students." Yujin asked. She already saw Yuri in the cafeteria, laughing with her ex-girlfriend

"Sorry, but I don't have any idea on that," Nako replied before looking back at the board

She just looked at Minju and her seatmate and a question formed in her mind.

 

Minju... This Jo Yuri...

 

 

 

Is she your new hero?