Chapter 008

Start of Something New

"I see you're here," Hitomi said as she approached her former president. "Lit club's representative? But... Wonyoung and Kwon are already here."

The feather fairy just smiled and moved to give the cheerleader some space to sit on.

"Class is boring, just joined in," Chaeyeon replied. "I see you're here, too. Supporting your girlfriend?"

Ever since Chaeyeon saw the two last Sunday, she constantly teases Hitomi every time she can. 

"Really, Chae? Again? I've told you a hundred times this week that we. are not. dating. We just met around five, six days ago and you're already saying that we're together?"

"Okay, okay... If you say so," Chae replied, throwing her hands up as if surrendering. She then reached Hitomi's cute cheeks and lightly poked it. "But no matter how many times you deny, you can't hide the fact that you blushed every time I open the topic."

"Chae I-"

"Sorry if we disturbed your schedules for today." Hitomi was about to reply but was cut off by Yena. "Just wait for the Music Club Representative to arrive and we'll explain why we called you." 

All the Club Presidents and Representatives are waiting on the bleachers, using their phones, including the Animal club Rep. Minju is sitting quietly at the right side when suddenly, a guy sat beside her and put his arms across Minju's shoulder. The girl didn't even have to look at the guy as the smell of cigarette is already familiar to her.

"Hey, Minju... How are you, my girl?" 

The gal, not wanting to make a scene, just let Jae-hyuk's hands resting on her shoulders even though she really wants to shrug him off from the very first second. And the students around them can see it. They can clearly notice Minju's uneasiness but they have to pretend like they don't. Not just for the sake of themselves, but for the reputation of their own clubs as well. 

Chaeyeon, who is watching from the afar, is now calming herself. She can't even count the times Minju scolded her for being short-tempered when it comes to the guy. You can't blame her, though. But her friend just told her that giving Jae-hyuk the attention that he craves for will just give him the urge to continue.  

But, as soon as Jae-hyuk slowly slipped his hands from Minju's shoulders to her arms, Chaeyeon couldn't contain herself anymore. She was about to attack the man when,

"Excuse me,"

A tall girl sat between Jae-hyuk and the pretty lad, forcing the guy to withdraw his hands. 

"The heck are you doing here, Yujin?" Jae-hyuk raged, clearly mad at the girl for ruining his chance.

"Um... I'm the Sports Club Rep?"

"What are you saying? I am the representative." Jae-hyuk said with conviction. "So get the hell out of here."

All the other students, even Minju, are shocked at the sudden argument. Yujin scrunched her eyebrows and laughed at the guy.

"Wait, let me set this straight. I am the Sports Club Rep. You are the National Team Speaker, a team managed by my club. By my understanding, you are supposed to give speeches on National events that my former team joined. I, on the other hand, is in charge of going to Interclub meetings and will serve as the messenger of our club to the student body." Yujin explained, now standing. "So clearly, I should be the one attending this gathering."

Jae-hyuk, being embarrassed in front of the other students, stood up and looked at his former friend. 

"What is it to you? I want to be here, and I'll be here. So get out-"

"Let the girl do his job, Jae-hyuk." The guy turned around to see Choi Yena sipping banana-flavored milk she bought from their cafeteria nearby. "She has a point. She is the representative, so let her be the representative. Also, I smell trouble from you... Well, more of cigarettes. Underage smoking, huh? So if you don't want the school officials to know, better leave us alone."

Jae-hyuk, being humiliated for the second time, went down and ready to leave. But before he does, the man gave the Gaming Club Vice President a 'We're not yet over' stare. Yujin gave Yena a simple thank you by nodding her head and sat right back.

"Right in time... Just like the old days." Yujin tried to talk to the girl beside her but didn't get anything in return, not even a glare.

"Oh, here they are,"

************

"Where are we going, Yuri?" Chaewon tried to seek an answer from her friends after being pulled from her Music Class.

"Just trust me. You'll find out." 

"This better be important."

"Trust me, Chaewon. It is."

They kept walking until they reached the bleachers full of students. It is only when they're about two meters far from those people when Chaewon realized who those people are. 

"Oh, here they are," Yena smiled at the two rushing to get to them.

"H-Hi, e-everyone." Chaewon greeted. She then turned to Yuri. "Why are they here, Yuri?"

The girl took a deep breath.

"H-Hello, everybody. I'm Jo Yuri, Music Club's representative. I am with the club's president, Miss Kim Chaewon." Yuri introduced, earning nods from the audience. 

"Well," Yuri continued. "You all might know us as the two girls who wanted to regain the popularity of the Music Club. And it might not be a secret to all of you that we are failing to do so. But I thought of something that may redeem us. But we need your help."

"What is it?" Nako, the Arts Club Representative, asked.

"The reason why many students don't care about our Club is because they thought that it's boring or uncool. so I thought of something that will look cool or fun to them: concerts. That's why I'm asking for your cooperation in creating a mini-concert here in our school." Yuri replied. "I want to talk with all of you because I know that we can't do it on our own. We need your skills, your expertise. So maybe, just maybe, you can help us bring the forgotten club back."

"Wait a minute," A student raised her hand. "Why should we do this. Don't get me wrong, I want to help you guys... But this will take up a large portion of our budget... So, what are we getting from this?"

Silence took over the place. Yuri was so unsure since she hasn't thought about these questions. She slowly looked down, ashamed of not knowing what to answer.

"Experience... experience and doing the thing you love the most." 

Yuri shot her head up.

"Concerts doesn't only require Music. There are many things to be prepared. And I know that that will just give us another reason to back out, but we should also view the larger picture. Think about it... It can be a stepping stone for us." Yena persuaded. "We can have small booths around the school. It will be like the Club Day, but better. Dance Club can perform songs which are written by the Literature and Music Club. The Arts Department can cooperate with the Gaming Club to create digital posters which can be distributed physically and digitally. Then, we can invite talent scouts to watch our concert and who knows... some of us might be discovered."

"But out of all that, the best thing about this is that... We can achieve the real purpose of clubs: To know the real meaning of leadership, and cooperation."

.

.

.

.

.

"So... Are you guys in?"