Special Chapter: Part 1

Start of Something New

"Cheers!" Yena yelped as the team raised their juice glasses.
The Gaming Championship is a success. Over twenty other countries competed but the Enozi team was able to represent their home well. In fact, they are able to achieve the highest place and will represent Asia in the next international gaming event. 
"This is the first time, right?" One of their teammates asked after drinking. "For the past years we're always trying to get this and now, we finally did."
The other students nodded in agreement.
"Who would've thought that your team just need a Kang Hyewon?" Chaewon chimed in.
Kwangbae shook her head violently.
"This is because of our hard work, not just mine."
"But still," Yena said. "Your duo with Kkura is one of our key to victory. If I were in your place, we'll just bicker at each other."
The whole team laughed.
"Guess we clicked," Sakura said, staring at Hyewon who is enjoying her food so much. "We're partners in crime."
"Oh, please, stop all this lovey-dovey," Yena rolled her eyes with the cheesiness. "We get it, you two are a couple."
Kwangbae choked and coughed. 
"Wait, don't tell me you're not-"
"C-Chaewon!" Hyewon shouted. "When will you go to Hii-chan?"
"Right after we finish eating, Hye," Chaewon answered. "I can't wait to meet her again... Thank you again for bringing me here with you."
"No problem," Sakura replied. "Are you sure you can go there on your own? I have already thought you some basic Japanese phrases you might need but still, are you sure you're going to okay?"
"Don't even worry about it. I'll handle myself, Kkura. I'm going to her no matter what."
"Another cheesy moment," Yena mocked. She suddenly stood up. "Look at what you've done! Now, I'm missing Joyyul... I'll just call her."
The crew just laughed at their vice. Hyewon smiled at the sight of Yena going to the restroom. Finally! She can ask Sakura out without dealing with the duck's teasing. 
"Umm... Hey, Kkura-"
"Saku-chan!?" Before she can even pop the question, an unfamiliar voice called for their president.

 

 

"Jurina!"

Sakura jolted up from her seat and ran to greet the lady. "Gosh, it's been a long time!"
"You didn't tell me you'll be back!" Jurina replied, still hugging the girl. "I should have welcomed you at the airport or something."
"Well, I didn't because it's so sudden, we're just here for a contest. Good thing you still recognize me."
"Of course, I will... I just saw your big ears and I already know," Jurina joked, making the other girl laugh.
"Okay guys, let's go to our hotel-" Yena stopped when she saw who Sakura is talking to. "Jurina-san!"
The duck dashed to pull the lady into a tight hug. "Do you still remember me??"
"Choi Ducky, the girl who threw a stone on my mother's car."
"Yah, don't bring that up! I'm a kid back then, okay!?" Yena told Jurina, lightly hitting her arm. 
"Umm, sorry to disturb your reunion but... Who is she?" Hyewon asked, now standing up. 
"Oh, right!" Sakura yelled. She pulled Jurina to their group of friends. "Guys, this is Matsui Jurina. She's a friend of ours."
"A childhood friend, to be exact," Yena continued. "She's the daughter of the CEO of a large broadcasting agency. She and Kkura have been friends ever since God knows when. I only joined them when we met at a press conference."
"And you threw a stone-"
"Cut it off!" Yena shouted, annoyed. 
"Yeah, I'm Jurina," The lady said, reaching out to Hyewon's hand. Kwangbae was hesitant at first but decided to shook hands with her. "Sorry, am I disturbing your get together?"
"Actually-"
"Actually, we're done," Sakura continued Kwangbae's sentence. "Also, their food here is still good! They've been running for over a decade now but the magic is still there. And the ice cream, the ice cream!"
Jurina smirked. "So you recommended this restaurant? As expected from Saku-chan."
Kwangbae's eyes narrowed. Saku-chan!? She has never heard Yena calling Kkura like that.
"I missed their food," Sakura happily confessed.
"I missed you," Jurina said and casually winked. 
Hyewon felt her jaws clenching. She's feeling many things right now but she just chooses to be quiet.
"You know what? We should hang out," Jurina suggested. "Me, You, and Yena, let's catch up."
"Oh sorry," Yena apologized. "I'm going somewhere. I planned to buy something special for Yuri. But you two should go."
"What do you think, Sakura?"
"Well, I think it's a good idea. The last time we saw each other was when we're seven, and we are bawling our eyes out because I'm leaving."
Kkura turned to Hyewon. 
"It's free time now, right?"
"Umm," Kwangbae wanted to say 'no' so badly but she can't. "Y-Yeah, we have free time."
"Great!" Jurina enthusiastically replied. She took Sakura's hand into hers, a move that made Hyewon a bit furious. "Let's go?"
"Enjoy!" Yena yelled as the two left the shop. Chaewon also set off to find the love of her life. Meanwhile, the rest of the crew and Yena, their leader for the meantime, headed to their hotel to get some rest. They are so focused on their journey that they didn't notice...
.
.
.
.
.
... That one of them is missing.
************
Chaewon felt her heart beating so fast. After a very long trip, four hours to be exact, she finally reached Hitomi's humble abode. She standing right in front of the door now.

The Music Club president hesitated for a minute. Do I ring the doorbell or not? She asked to herself. Finally, after collecting all the courage left in her body, she pressed the button, hoping that the person who will answer her is the one she's been wanting to see.

"Please wait!" A voice said in Japanese. Just from the tone itself, Chaewon can't help but grin. It's the girl... Her girl.
"Who is it-" Hitomi's sentence was cut off and her eyes widened when she saw the unexpected visitor.
"Looks like you left something, Miss," Chaewon stepped closer. "... A girlfriend, maybe?"
Hii-chan is still shocked, tears started to form on the corners of her eyes. "I-Is this real?"
"Let's check," Chaewon said, reaching for Hitomi's cheeks to wipe her tears. "I guess I am."
The cheerleader pulled her into a longing embrace. 
"I missed you."
"Not as much as how I missed you," Chaewon whispered.
"Hitomi, who is-" The two quickly pulled from the hug when her mother showed up. 
"Mom, this is Chaewon, she's from my old school." Hitomi introduced.
"Eh!? Then come in, come in," Hi's mother invited. "Come have dinner with us."
Chaewon tried to decline but the other girl's parent insisted so she just agreed. They met Hitomi's father inside. The four enjoyed the company of food and each other. 
"Why are you here?" Her Dad asked after chewing the tasty chicken. 
"I-I just want to visit Hitomi," Chaewon explained, trying her best to speak the language.
"Aw, that's so sweet! What a friend!"
Hitomi felt going dry even just drank water. She released a deep sigh. She can't lie to them, she just can't
"Mom, Dad," Hitomi called. She looked at Chaewon, seeking for support. The musician gets the stare and holds her hand under the small table. "C-Chaewon and I, we are in a relationship... Romantically."
Her parents suddenly stopped eating. Her dad even dropped the chopsticks.
"I-I'm sorry for hiding it. I just want to tell you after you met her personally, and here she is."
Deafening silence. They just looked at their daughter with shock.
"Please don't get mad at-"
Her father suddenly stood up and went out of the house. Hitomi bit her lip to stop herself from crying. Chaewon moved closer, comforting her.
"Sorry for that, ladies. He's just... surprised probably." Her mother tried to ease their hearts out. 
"Do you hate me now?"
"Me? Well, I am surprised... But I will never hate you. You're my daughter." Her mom said lovingly. 
She looked at Chaewon. "You're the first person Hiichan chose to give her heart to. Please handle it carefully."
"I-I will, Ma'am... Thank you for giving me a chance to make your daughter happy," The musician said, slowly nodding. "I know that you just met me today and I don't know when we will meet again but I can promise you one thing... I love Hitomi and I will never hurt her."
"My girl is in good hands, then," Hii's mother replied. Hitomi, on the hand, just looked outside the window pane...
.
.
.
.
.
"But... What about Dad?"
************
"What is taking them so long!?" Hyewon asked herself while walking. 
When Sakura and Jurina left, she decided to follow them. She still doesn't trust this new girl. She has been eyeing them for about five hours now yet it looks like the two are not planning to go home yet. 
Throughout the trip, some things made Hyewon feel... Jealous. Holding hands while walking, taking lots and lots of pictures, and shopping 'til they drop. all of those and many more are the things that Kwangbae can't do with Kkura, she can't even ask her out. That made Hyewon realize how much of a coward she is.
"I may look like a stalker now but I need to do this. To ensure her safety," Kwangbae mumbled to herself. 
Suddenly, Sakura turned her face to her direction. Good thing that there's a tree right beside Hyewon that time and she can hide.
"What's wrong, Saku-chan?" Jurina asked curiously.
"N-Nothing," Sakura said, still looking around, sensing something. 
"Hyewon... Hyewon, stop," Kwangbae said to herself. "This is bad! You don't just follow people around. Yes, you just want to know that she's safe but still, it's not the right thing to do. Remember, trust. In a relationship- Whatever kind of relationship you have with Kkura now- you need to trust her completely. Yeah... That's right."
Kwangbae looked at her watch and saw that it's already past their dinner time. She mumbled to herself once more.
"Let's go home, shall we? Trust her, okay? Okay,"
And she took one more glance at the two before she decides to go home... To run home. The scene she just saw is too much for her to handle. It's much more painful than what Byung Soon did to her before. Because she saw Jurina pull Sakura closer...
.
.
.
.
.
... And give her a peck on the lips.